Miss Jessie's is coming to Target

mimi0410

I was in Target yesterday--Laurel MD. They had a section dedicated specifically to the new lines they are carrying. It was a really nice display on an end cap. I was glad it was in plain view of a major aisle and not hidden. The products included Miss Jessie's line, Jane Carter Solutions, Curls, and Shea Moisture.

I hope these lines do really well so we can continue to support our miniority owned businesses.

maxineshaw

I'm kind of disappointed in Miss Jessies. I finally caught the products in my local Target (which also had the Shea Moisture, Jane Carter, and I thought I saw 2 Curls products).

These are the ingredients posted on Curlmart.com for the Baby Buttercreme:

Ingredients: deoinized water, acetylated lanolin, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter carbomer 940, fragrance, castor oil, dilaurate laneth 15, glycerine, glyceryl stereate, hydrolyzed animal protein, imidazolidinyl,jojoba oil, baneth 15, mineral oil, methyl paraben, milk protein, panthenol, paraffin, PEG-400, PEG-100, stearate, petrolatum, propyl paraben, treithanolamine, vitamin E, wheat germ oil

Now, I didn't write it down, but I do recall the ingredients going a little like

Ingredients: Water, Petroleum, Mineral oil, Fragrance...blah blah blah :naughty:

No lie. The products have been reformulated for mass marketing. The first three after water are literally as I wrote it. I can't believe they have the audacity to still charge as much as they do. If anything, I would purchase the Shea Moisture before any other product they added.

Be weary Miss Jessie's lovers. You might as well be purchasing Liv or Vitapointe IMO.

Note: I don't have a problem with petroleum or mineral oil. I just prefer to only pay $3 for it. Just a warning.

Last edited:

maxineshaw

Went to Target and took a picture of the Baby Buttercreme ingredients. This is the actual ingredient list:

The new ingredient list I saw @ Target:

Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

I missed the glycerin, but still.

Attachments

• IMAGE_017.jpg
    IMAGE_017.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18

beans4reezy

Went to Target and took a picture of the Baby Buttercreme ingredients. This is the actual ingredient list:

Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Wow. All the stuff I'd rather NOT use in my hair :nono:

Nubenap22

I saw this in my local target finally and did the same thing take a pic haha but you beat me to posting it!!!

Wow. All the stuff I'd rather NOT use in my hair :nono:

I agree I mean I saw the price for 16 oz at 55 dollas!!!! Uh no!! Do you know what other PJ fixes I can get with that (Sabino, Replenishing pak....) Sorry boss cant get me because Im the gingerbread man!!!

JamericanGurl

butter Creme on sale at Target right now the big Jar for $38 Positive just left except I bought some Shea Moisture at 9.99 and errah may go back for more based on some of y'alls reviews

Sunshine_One

I'm kind of disappointed in Miss Jessies. I finally caught the products in my local Target (which also had the Shea Moisture, Jane Carter, and I thought I saw 2 Curls products).

These are the ingredients posted on Curlmart.com for the Baby Buttercreme:

Ingredients: deoinized water, acetylated lanolin, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter carbomer 940, fragrance, castor oil, dilaurate laneth 15, glycerine, glyceryl stereate, hydrolyzed animal protein, imidazolidinyl,jojoba oil, baneth 15, mineral oil, methyl paraben, milk protein, panthenol, paraffin, PEG-400, PEG-100, stearate, petrolatum, propyl paraben, treithanolamine, vitamin E, wheat germ oil

Now, I didn't write it down, but I do recall the ingredients going a little like

Ingredients: Water, Petroleum, Mineral oil, Fragrance...blah blah blah :naughty:

No lie. The products have been reformulated for mass marketing. The first three after water are literally as I wrote it. I can't believe they have the audacity to still charge as much as they do. If anything, I would purchase the Shea Moisture before any other product they added.

Be weary Miss Jessie's lovers. You might as well be purchasing Liv or Vitapointe IMO.

Note: I don't have a problem with petroleum or mineral oil. I just prefer to only pay $3 for it. Just a warning.

Unfortunately, all the products were reformulated a few years ago. Luckily I still have half jar of the original Baby butter cream and less than half of the orig Curly Mergingue. I did purchase the 2oz jar of the "new" baby butter cream and don't like it as much. So once my orig stash is gone I'll be moving on from the MJ Butter creams.

GreenD

I was just in the Target in Brandywine, MD and I saw Miss Jessie's stuff. They also had another line of products for "ethnic" hair. Will do more research my next trip there.

Ivonnovi

Re: Miss Jessie's is coming to Target (no more)

I guess this was a short lived relationship. Bottom line I got my mom hooked on this stuff and "poof" it's gone!

It's doesnt appear to be in the burbs of AL and TX. Is it still available in your areas? AND, did the online price "drop"?