HARD WATER PROBLEMS?? TOP CITIES WITH THE BEST/WORST WATER

Hypnotic_LT

Well I know my town has hard water....all these other cites in Tx and mine has to be lower. Chorpus Christi, for all the resort area it is, is 44??? Houston wth???? Come on Texas....I figure when you itch when you step out of the shower before putting on moisturizers you have Hard Water :wallbash::sad::nono:

isioma85

Naptown is #90. I'm not surprised. Sometimes you turn the faucet on here and it smells like someone farted :nono:

n_vizion

I purchased a shower stick portable water softener last month. My hair and skin have definitely experienced the difference. This filter doesn't just remove chlorine, it actually removes the mineral deposits.
Hard water issues are now a thing of the past for me. That's one less thing to worry about.

Stormy

Wow, I live in Marietta (metro Atlanta for those who aren't aware) and I always thought we had softer water than where I'm previously from in Ohio. My DH is from Pittsburgh and he says the same thing. Now I'm reading that Atlanta has hard water? Must be our shower head or something I guess because our water is pretty good. According to the ongoing reports we receive it's good too.

preciouslove0x

Wow, I live in Marietta (metro Atlanta for those who aren't aware) and I always thought we had softer water than where I'm previously from in Ohio. My DH is from Pittsburgh and he says the same thing. Now I'm reading that Atlanta has hard water? Must be our shower head or something I guess because our water is pretty good. According to the ongoing reports we receive it's good too.

I live about 5 minutes from Marietta (Mableton) and we too have HARD water. It sucks. But I use ORS Aloe Rid. It works really great for me. I go to school in a small town in North Carolina and am surprised that there is soft(er) water there :ohwell:

NikkiQ

IDK Why New Orleans, LA isn't on that list b/c our water has been HORRIBLE for a long time now...or at least I think so.

OsnapCnapp!

Im currently staying at my mom's until the place is ready...she has natural spring water and I've actually seen the place their water flows from. Its nice, natural and pure. BUT unfortunately the place Im moving to is located between Lake Charles, LA and Houston, TX and anyone thats anyone knows Houston has the worst water on this planet earth so yep Im getting a shower filter, no doubt.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My city isn't listed on the listing here (but I'll check the website to see if it's there) but then again, I don't live in a major city. One of the metro areas nearby me (about an hour away) is on the worst list which kinda makes me think, by default, my little bitty city would fall under the worst as well.

How does this impact our hair?

ETA: Visiting the website listed by the OP retrieves your city even if it didn't make the list posted.

Last edited:

DrC

:bump: :bump: Thought I'd bump this again for those of you concerned about the water in your city.

JFK

This makes me want to start washing my hair with our spring water to see if I notice a difference.

I'm going to have to sneak though. My husband already thinks I'm crazy with the hair thing. If he sees me I know he will think I am really losing my mind.

bibirockz

This makes me want to start washing my hair with our spring water to see if I notice a difference.

I'm going to have to sneak though. My husband already thinks I'm crazy with the hair thing. If he sees me I know he will think I am really losing my mind.

I just moved to South Africa a few months ago and we have really hard water here. I only used it on my hair ONCE and it wasn't so pretty. For the whole 2 months up until this tuesday, I've been buying the big water bottles and pouring them into the small ones (to save it up) :yep: lol. Yes my parents thought I was psycho! I finally found a shower filter this Monday and it has made great difference on my skin and hair, and the washing is a breeze and now unplanned :lachen:. Moral of the story, get a shower filter! It'll help tons.

iri9109

im surprised mine is number 15...i actually never thought our water was that great...which makes me scared for the people at the bottom of the list lol

make_me_over

Wow this is interesting. I knew my city had hard water, but I didn't expect it to be #60. I purchased a Jonathan beauty water shower filter a few months ago, and haven't even installed it yet. So I better get crackin, I heard it makes a HUGE difference.

MrsMe

:woohoo: Boston is in the top FIVE!! I'm glad! I did notice a difference in how my hair and my skin feel since I moved here from NYC. :yep:

NYDee

I don't trust this list. How can NY be 41 and 55? I have been to a lot of places and I still feel the most comfortable with NYC water.

DrC

I don't trust this list. How can NY be 41 and 55? I have been to a lot of places and I still feel the most comfortable with NYC water.

I think its because New York has more than 1 company serving the city. You all have Burroughs right?

How Clean is City Water? View EWG's Big City Water Ratings | Environmental Working Group

13. New York, NY
(New York City Department of Environmental Protection- Jamaica serves 518,000 people)

41. New York, NY
(New York City Department of Environmental Protection- Catskill/Delaware serves 6,552,718 people)

55. New York, NY
(New York City Department of Environmental Protection- Croton serves 1,000,000 people)

Last edited: