Miss Jessie's is coming to Target

Solitude

i went to 2 targets today and didnt see any miss jessies, jane carter, shea moisture(besides lotion), or curls 8. i really want some curls 8. im gonna go to another target day after tomorrow.

i was gonna make a online target purchase but ill wait until they arrive at the store.

Did you get a chance to check this link? http://www.missjessies.com/09_storelocator/storelocator_target.htm

They are only in certain stores....

I want to try the buttercreme and for some reason I just feel better about buying it at Target instead of online. I think this is really going to help them blow up! I hate that some people have had bad experiences, but I'm soooo happy to see a minority, female -owned business doing so well.

GaiasDaughter24

Awww man, I knew I wouldn't get it in my area. I don't live in a very multi-cultural area. I am not driving an hour away to Bloomington or Brooklyn Park solely for hair products. I'll have to remember to get some next time we head to the mall of america.

ETA: Ok, I'm lying. I probably will but I wish I didn't have to LOL

chebaby

Did you get a chance to check this link? http://www.missjessies.com/09_storelocator/storelocator_target.htm

They are only in certain stores....

I want to try the buttercreme and for some reason I just feel better about buying it at Target instead of online. I think this is really going to help them blow up! I hate that some people have had bad experiences, but I'm soooo happy to see a minority, female -owned business doing so well.
yea i went to two of them on the list and they didnt have it. but later this week i will be going to another on the list. and then if they dont have it i will try all three, plus one more over the weekend:drunk:
are you talking about the shea moisture that comes in the white bottle with the red or pinking writing on it? if so, i have never seen that in target, but they do it carry in my local bss. i love that stuff. i just replaced my bottle on saturday. keeps me from becoming a mixologist:drunk:
i dont know if its the same brand. when i look on targets website the lable looks different.

lilsparkle825

i want to get it in the store simply because i haaaaaate shipping charges. it makes no sense to me to get it on target.com and still have to pay for shipping.

still not on the shelves here.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I saw them in Target this weekend and almost fainted at the prices. That stuff must have crushed diamonds in the active ingredients.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Miss Jessie's was on the shelf in two different targets today. I was tempted to try the deep conditioner, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $48 for it when there was a Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner with much better ingredients on the next shelf for $10. Shea Moisture also had three different kinds of conditioner, a curl creme, a curling milk, and tins of shea butter, all for less than $10 each. :ohwell: I bought 3 shea moisture products, and 2 Curls products for the same money that I'd have spent on one mineral oil laden tub of Miss Jessie's.

Kurlee

Why didn't you like it? I'm still trying to talk myself out of dropping all that $$ on some hair products.
decent products that work alright, but definitely not worth the price. There are many feasible substitutes

chebaby

Miss Jessie's was on the shelf in two different targets today. I was tempted to try the deep conditioner, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $48 for it when there was a Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner with much better ingredients on the next shelf for $10. Shea Moisture also had three different kinds of conditioner, a curl creme, a curling milk, and tins of shea butter, all for less than $10 each. :ohwell: I bought 3 shea moisture products, and 2 Curls products for the same money that I'd have spent on one mineral oil laden tub of Miss Jessie's.
:yep: i get it, i would have gone for the less pricey ones too. you get more bang for your buck. im so jealous though. i really want the curls products.

aja1121

They had better come w/ some Target pricing too :rolleyes:

They probably won't. A lot of high-end specialty retailers are loosing brands to Target and the prices are the same if not a few dollars more. I was shocked when I saw the prices of Fekkai and Bumble & Bumble in there.

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
im going to go check in my neck of the woods and report back, girls. imma try not to buy any but i probably will just because its a black business. i mean, i think its really special that they are going retail. shows that there is a need for their products to be more readily available and national retailers are answering that need. ive never tried their products because they were so expensive, but im really excited for them...and US!

cocoaluv

Can you please show a pic if these products: Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner, curl cream and curling milk. What brands are these?

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Can you please show a pic if these products: Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner, curl cream and curling milk. What brands are these?

The brand is Shea Moisture. They are same people who make this popular leave in conditioner.

Here's the dc. I used this yesterday (30 minutes with heat) and it was wonderful. My hair detangled easily and was super moisturized with great curl definition. (I'm texturized)

I also bought this curl smoothie, but I haven't used it yet.

Here's the curling milk.

I didn't buy this one, but my inner product junkie is sending me to the store today to pick it up. I love the shea moisture leave in, so I am incredibly excited about the other products. I'm going to buy a regular conditioner too, and some more curls stuff.

By the way I used the Curls Creme Brule yesterday and my hair has great definition without being dry or stiff at all.

Last edited:

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
All the new ethnic product lines were featured on an end shelf at my Target. I was able to resist buying Miss Jessie's. I will break down and by the curly pudding one day just to try it out, but the prices are restrictive. I decided on the curls line. I bought the spritz, creme brulee, and the gel. I ran home and spritzed my hair real good and applied the creme. I was kinda impressed with the fact that my hair was almost dry in like 5 or 10 minutes and the products had absorbed. My hair feels very lightly moisturized. I have very dense, tightly coiled hair so I don't expect a drastic change. But I do like that my hair feels lightly moisturized and it didn't seem to shrink it that much. I'm going to use the gel to do a twist out. So far, so good...

cocoaluv

The brand is Shea Moisture. They are same people who make this popular leave in conditioner.

Here's the dc. I used this yesterday (30 minutes with heat) and it was wonderful. My hair detangled easily and was super moisturized with great curl definition. (I'm texturized)

I also bought this curl smoothie, but I haven't used it yet.

Here's the curling milk.

I didn't buy this one, but my inner product junkie is sending me to the store today to pick it up. I love the shea moisture leave in, so I am incredibly excited about the other products. I'm going to buy a regular conditioner too, and some more curls stuff.

By the way I used the Curls Creme Brule yesterday and my hair has great definition without being dry or stiff at all.

Thanks so much for replying. I just saw this now after getting back from Target. I will keep a look out for these products next time.

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
how is the creme brulee? I don't see it on the curls site either
It's a white thick lotion used to moisturize only. It has a nice vanilla scent. I can see how this line would be a godsend for people with looser textures. I still need to experiment with it more. Sounds like target and the product lines have an agreement for them not to sell the featured products online anymore. It makes a little sense in that it forces people to go to Target to get them and helps move the products off the shelf. But for those who are not near a Target, it makes it a big hassle.

I'm waiting on reviews for the shea moisture. I really like the packaging. I'm not all that familiar with Jane Carter either. Anyone have reviews?

labelfree

I went to the Target in Inglewood and they didn't have Miss Jessies or the Curls line :sad: They had a few SheaMoisture but only the body products

chebaby

The Target by Potomac Mills carries all the lines.
thank you:sad: i might just have to take a trip out there even though its about an hour from me.
i went to the one in jefferson davis highway, its on the list, but they didnt have anything. i went to another one on the list and they didnt have it either. tomorrow i will go to the pg mall target.

Solitude

I went to Target to get the buttercreme, but when I saw the $58 price tag on the baby buttercream, like live in real life and not online I was a little taken back. It was a huge jar, but I passed.

I bought a bunch of Shea Moisture products instead. I absolutely love Shea Moisture - I use them for my body, face, and now for my hair. They had Shea Moisture and Jane Carter on a big display with Miss Jessie's. Now, I'm not critical of Miss Jessie's ingredients, but I hope people don't get confused and think Miss Jessie's is natural as well.

ETA: I'm going to stick with Shea Moisture for skin and face products, but their hair products are just okay to me. I actually prefer Miss Jessie's...go figure. I've purchase various products since posting in this thread.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
The Target by my house finally got the Miss Jessie's and Jane Carter products. They aren't heavily marketing them though. I think the store clerks know who shops at the store and the customers aren't willing to pay those prices.

I am going to check out the products tomorrow and if I see something I like, I think I may try to get a sample from the miss jessie's website.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Well, since it is the same as Eucerin ( MINERAL OIL) - it should be at Target next to the rest of the baby oils.... :rolleyes:

As least more folks will try it.... I also notice that (for CA) it is only in 'black' neighborhoods......

Sheesh....
same for illinois:perplexed

chebaby

i thought i posted, guess not.
i went to target this past weekend and they had everything in. but they must have gotten it a day or two before i got there because almost everything was sold out. they had a lot of the curls prducts but the miss jessies was all gone. only thing still there was the super sudsy shampoo, 2 creme de la curls and 1 rapid recovery. i noticed she upped the ounces to 16. from what i remember the rr conditioner used to be 12oz.
anyway i walked away with just the curls brule and the curlada conditioner. they both work great but if i had to chose i would keep the conditioner. it is amazing. it has great slip, moisture and forms the curls amazingly. the creme brule is good too but not half as good as the milk shake which used to be a staple of mine but i chose between it and the kbb hair milk. hair milk won.
they were out of the shea moisture smoothies and i wanted those too. they had the coconut and hibiscus conditioner and milk but not the smoothie. i will try those later.
they also had jane carter but i didnt pay those any attention because i can find those locally at a number of places.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
oh em gee! i've been hearing such good things about the Shea Moisture line. i had no idea they were selling these products at Target. i'm gonna be trying a lot of stuff from there. ♥

DMJ's Mom

Still not at the Target in Norfolk. I might have to make a visit to my family in stafford to check out the potomac mills target