CASTOR OIL

gabulldawg

Hey, everyone. I just wanted to ask people how long it took them to notice the results of castor oil. I started using it on my hair about a month ago in order to thicken up my hair. I think I'm seeing a little bit of results, but i wanted to know when the majority of people really started noticing thier hair thickening from Castor Oil. Right now I mix it with some leave in conditioner and rub it throughout my hair strands. I'm also getting castor oil from that BB oil moisturizer with castor oil and aloe.

LaNecia

My mom swears by the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, just had me buy her some from Sams247. She's been using it about 2 months as well.

Radianthealth

I use castor oil and I like how it thickens my hair. I use regular castor oil.

This combined with other haircare best practices has turned my hair around:)

♦K.O♦

I noticed an increase in thickness almost immediately. I dont use oil on my scalp, so I cant comment on growth.

chayil0427

I noticed a major softening and moistening of my hair after the first use. After the first wash I noticed my hair was a lot moister after conditioning and drying with no product.

Chayil

sugarose

I noticed the thickness after about 2 months. The softness was after the first application (and baggy).

♦K.O♦

LilMorenita said:
CAn i ask what brand you all use and where do you get it? ( drugstore? supermarket? bss?)

I use Jamaican Black Castor Oil. My BSS sells it, but I get it cheaper online.

sheba125

How much are u ladies using? I tried it a few months back, but my hair was too oily. I just applied it to my hair to seal in the Scurl. But my scarf was soaked in oil afterwards. I wanna give it another try, maybe I am using it wrong.

gabulldawg

Thanks for all the great responses! I actually currently use the ECKERD brand of castor oil. Maybe I should up my castor oil game and get the one from whole foods when I use up this bottle. As for use, I only use about a dime- to quarter-sized amount at a time and usually mix it with somethin else, like leave-in conditioner. My hair is "oily" i guess, but I like the way it feels.

InnerSoul

BioGeekChic said:
I use castor oil for my edges and it took about 2.5 mons to see any noticeable improvement.

same here I only use it for my edges and I noticed immediately(after untying my scarf the next morning) how nice my edges laid down and with a shine..... it even made a new row of baby hair come forth:lol:

by the way I use Jamaican black castor oil... since I only use it on my edges...I don't notice any more thickness.