Black Castor Oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (kind of long

bri123

Hi Everyone,
It seems to be hard to find black castor oil. I have heard not so good things about the Jamaicaplace to buy the black castor oil. The other place I was able to find was blackherbals.com they sell black castor oil. Has anyone ordered from them and is it a good brand of black castor oil. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can purchase the black castor oil. I wrote blackherbals about which is the better castor oil the light one or the black castor oil and the person told me the black castor oil is better because it contains all of the vitamins and nutrients. Is anyone still using castor oil and also what are your results with using the castor oil.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: Black Castor Oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (kind of long)

I just saw a post by hotshot where she said she uses black castor oil. You might want to PM her
HTH

marabou1

Hi Bri:

I don't know where you live, but I really think the black castor oil is so easy to find. If you don't have any Haitian or Jamaican friends who can give you some from back home, you should be able to find it at any Haitian or Jamaican family or corner store in your neighborhood. Many Haitians don't know the name of Castor oil in english, so you may find many who tell you that they don't have it. Just explain to them that it's a strong smelling dark oil that's usually used on hair and also rubbed on the body to reduce high fevers. They'll know exactly what you speak of.

I'm fortunate that my dad brings me some every year from Haiti.

I just started using it again. Because of it's richness, I don't use it often, but I do use it all over my hair and scalp the day prior to washing it. I find that it softens new growth, moisturizes my extremely dry scalp, and makes my hair grow thicker. I just used it the other night, and when I washed my the next morning, my hair looked very soft and shiny. I love it!!

I may be wrong, but I think I remember SherryLove saying that she uses it on her hair often, and she has beautiful hair.

Good luck in finding it.

bri123

Hi Marabou1,
I live here in Nebraska. It is hard to buy african american hair products. For the really good products I have to buy online.
Thanks

Gmaimai

I reade somewhere on this forum that black castor oil is good for eyelashes. Is that what you are talking about?