Castor Oil?

Pumpkin

I need to get castor oil for my hairline but when I went to the store, they only had the mineral oil/petroleum based grease. Where can I find castor oil and what good brands are out there? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank you

Jenai

I don't know about the area where you live, but castor can usually be found in pharmacies like Rite Aid in the laxative section. "Old timers" swear by this stuff as a laxative, but I think using it on the hairline sounds better don't you? lol

G

Funny you should ask. Today, I kicked my old grease to return back to Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil. It does contain mineral oil but no petrolatum, so I don't care. The stuff is great, and I had very long hair when I used this grease. It's time for me to go back. And yes, I love grease! LOL

Azalia

Hey Karonica,
Where can I get the Hollywood castor oi /images/graemlins/confused.gif Can I go on line and purchase it? Please let me know where I can purchase this I think I remember Londondiva saying something about this product I could be wrong but whenever you get the chance e-mail me at [email protected] Thank you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Pumpkin, If you ever come into Manhatten then I'd suggest the upscale pharmacy on 42nd and Madison. It btw Madison and Lex actually but very close to the Madison side next to a hotel.

I got 'The Palma Christi' Castor Oil which contains nothing but quote: ultra pure, cold pressed caster oil. It cost approx $3 for 4 fl oz.

HTH.

Pumpkin

Thank you BRH. I will actually be on Lex and 33rd tomorrow so I will definitely make the trip. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The stuff is great, and I had very long hair when I used this grease. It's time for me to go back. And yes, I love grease! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Karonica,
You're making me feel very nostalgic for grease! LOL I'm half tempted to go through my closets and find the African Royale Mink Oil I know is in there somewhere. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I thought I was so grown when I "graduated" from Dax and Blue Magic and Royal Crown to more modern hairdressings like Long-Aid, Bronner Bros. and AllWays. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Valerie

Castor oil, thickens up your hair, and it adds strength, it is used in lipsticks and mascara, if you put it on your eyelashes it really thickens them up, it works wonders for the hairline. I have been using it since I was a little girl, but because it is so thick, it is best mixed with a little olive oil, or wild growth oil or all three.

notsomebody

It helps the hairline come in fuller. I had pulled mine out from whereing pony tails that were way too tight (think my eyes were slanting). Castor oil brought my hair line back fuller than it had ever been in less than a month. I swear by this stuff. Its also a great protection oil. Its great for the ends.

Pumpkin,

The pharmacy is very close to where the JCrew is on Madison which is on the corner. Just turn into that corner off Madison toward Lex, cross the road past a hotel and the pharmacy is next door (it sells some great supplements too).

G

Sassy, you know you want some grease! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, I put some in my hair and scalp last night after washing it and I was soooo HAPPY to be back with my love, Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil. The grease does seem thicker than I remember. And the funny part is that when I woke up this morning, I had more waves in the roots. It is really visible in the front of my hair (getting a perm soon now!). I guess that was my scalp telling me to stick with it. Also, I noticed that one of its ingredients is cocoa butter. I never knew this. Meanwhile, I am not letting go of my grease! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Ok so how do you use it.... If I mix it with my Wild Growth am I supposed to apply it directly to the problem areas? And how often should I use it, every night, once a week?

G

I would NOT recommend it everyday considering the stuff is heavy. I use it like once or twice a week, rarely more than that. Its's good for the scalp and the hair, and be sure to put it on your ends. It is a real hair preserver.

notsomebody

If you are using it for your hair line, I would say to use it every night until you notice results. Also if its for your hair line, you don't need to mix it with anything. Just put some on a cotton ball and dab it on your hairline before you tie your hair up for bed at night. If your edges and hairline feel dry in the morning you can reapply. You should start noticing a change withing 2-3 weeks, a month tops.

Ennyaa

Thanks alot guys and yeah it would be for the hairline. After I take these twists out I know my hairline will need some special attention. That's the only downside for me to wearing braids. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

G

Do u have kinky twists or senegalese?

I want some Senegalese twists maybe after I'm done with the weave I plan on getting.

G

Are they hard to keep up? I know when I had regular individuals, most of my hair had to be cut off because it was knotted so bad. Do they slip easily?

G

NEVER MIND!

Read the other post! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif