Board Recommendations that didn't work for you?

jd_bdfly

Re: Board Recommendations that didn\'t work for you?

Ditto on the elasta QP mango butter and the S-Curl. Also, as much as everyone raved about the KeraCare Humecto Conditioner, it didn't do anything really for me

G

It really puts you in a sticky situation when you hate a product that everyone else raves about. I basically just stopped using what other people used because it was never working out.

Country gal

[ QUOTE ]
It really puts you in a sticky situation when you hate a product that everyone else raves about. I basically just stopped using what other people used because it was never working out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The products are great for gift exchange at the LHCF meetings. Although lately I haven't had much to give at the meetings. I am feeling all of my products except the thermal heating curlers.

Tebby1017

How about the swap board? I guess we could exchange stuff there....

Tebby

G

My products are usually not the ones raved about so I usually just end up giving them to somebody. There hasn't been an Alabama meeting that I know of.

itismehmmkay

Agreements:

-Yeah, Infusium 23 makes my hair hard, too

-I think daily washing/rinsing only works if you don't plan to do anything extra to your hair. For instance, it's great if you just plan to wear it in a wet/wavy air-dry look, put it in a bun or ponytail (granted that your hair is long enough), or braid it for a braid outs. I plan to implement this method when my hair grows out.

-LeKair isn't as great as Queen Helene's Cholesterol.

-

(p.s. - MsPrettyEyes..I love that signature of yours....so true...basically, just charge everything to the game of life.....hey...that can be my signature....yes!)

sweetcocoa

S-curl activator...actually any high gylcerin product doesn't work for me.

G

What's the problem with glycerin? S-curl didn't work for me because it cause my hair to itch like crazy. I hear people saying it is the glycerin. What's the glycerin issue?

angellazette

May sound crazy...I don't think air drying is good for me when my hair is out. Plus when I use some heat, my oils seem to sink in better and soften my new growth.

C

Cami

I tried the daily rinses and conditioner washes and it too made my hair come out.

Karonica

I can't do conditioner washes too often. It softened my hair a bit too much, and hair was everywhere. I"m better off shampooing once a week, or doing a CO wash a few days after the shampoo, but no washing more than twice a week.

I use plain water (I spray it on) if I want to get my hair wet.

Victorian

old head
Re: Board Recommendations that didn\'t work for you

LUST

My hair was a hard, tangled mess. I had so much breakage afterwards
Good thing I just got the sample size.
I also tried the hot oil from the Nature's Therapy line. Didn't do anything.
Oddly enough the mega moisture conditioner did a pretty nice job on my hair.
I think I'm done with Nature's Therapy though.

DatJerseyDyme

[ QUOTE ]
LUST

My hair was a hard, tangled mess. I had so much breakage afterwards

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto..it smells sooo heavenly..I may just use it with another conditioner just for the smell.

northernbelle

Cream of Nature Shampoo, Formula for Normal Hair. It left my hair too slick, and it felt weighted down, rather than moisturized.

northernbelle

caralexis2005

Bad experiences:
LUST--waste of two hours under dryer and money, left tangles that pantene s&s took out
Fantasia moisturizing aloe cond--tangles
elasta qp h2o leave in-- did not detangle for me

Got2be So Smooth Cream Reconstructor -- my hair was hard to detangle after rinsing out conditioner. Had to spray on some oil sheen in order to detangle.

Tara

ORS Temple Balm

Aphogee- Used 3x's and all three times hair got broken off, and I was CAREFUL....

ORS Mayo Conditioner or whatever it's called = hard hair

Wildgrowth Oil- At the time I wasn't looking for growth, just softness. Well it stuck my hair together

Letchithin- Glued my hair together!! LOL (see Wildgrowth oil)

Olive oil and Honey: Worked once. Second time I left it on too long and it stuck my hair together.

Carefree Curl Gold= Excellent Moisturizer, but gave me hard, huge bumps in my head that HURT!!!!!

Natrol Silica= No shiny eyebrows, lol

Shen Min = Took it for 3 months consistantly, no incredible growth, or regrowth at the time (for temples when I had a problem)

Any type of hair grease promising growth= But that was before hair boards when I used to think grease could grow hair, LOL!

Carol's Daughter Amen Oil= It left my hair feeling dry or something. Didn't like it....

Braid Spray of any sort= Again, this is pre-boards, but none of them ever left my hair feeling moisturized, just itchy.

Um.....that's it so far.

Nova

Here's my list:

- Infusium 23 (Makes my hair too hard)
- Apoghee Reconstructor (Doesn't stop breakage)
- Motions CPR (Breaks my hair off)
- S-Curl (Makes my hair sticky; hate the feeling!)
- All Profective products!
- ORS Mayo Conditioner (Leaves my hair a tangled mess!)

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

My hair felt hard after using Suave Humectant. But this was way before I doscovered the hair board.

Also forgot to add Africa's Best Hair Mayo. Left my hair a hard mess.

Zuppy

I must say - I was surprised
but EVOO made my hair hard - and it started shedding after trying it with the baggie technique- also - Kercare was not as good as Humatress.

kombov_dymond

Mine are:

Kemi Oyl
CON UMF Poo(green label/yellow cap)
VO5 Strawberries & Creme Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner

All I can think of for now....

Last edited:

Angelicus

Generic nexxus humectress conditioner = ugh nothing. I forgot that nexxus stuff doesn't work on my hair so why would the Generic work. I exchanged that stuff with the quickness.

I exchanged that for Clairol's UNCOLOR Semipermanent haircolor remover. It didn't remove the Hennalucent in my hair so now I am stuck with black hair and dirty brown roots :cry3:

Salerm21 was only OK. Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Mask, over time, dried out my hair.

Self relaxing was a dissapointment :ohwell: And going to salons was an even bigger dissapointment. No relaxer gets my hair straight and I am going to have to face that :ohwell:

lust-made my hair a matted mess
pantene ANYTHING- the absolute worst products ever made i will never ever by another pantene product again!!!
cream of nature- left hair feeling coated-even though it was untangled
any kind of hot oil treatment- leave my hair feeling drier than it was before i put the oil in.
cream moisterizer- hate the heavy coated feeling

OnceUponAtime

anky said:
Generic nexxus humectress conditioner = ugh nothing. I forgot that nexxus stuff doesn't work on my hair so why would the Generic work. I exchanged that stuff with the quickness.

I exchanged that for Clairol's UNCOLOR Semipermanent haircolor remover. It didn't remove the Hennalucent in my hair so now I am stuck with black hair and dirty brown roots :cry3:

Salerm21 was only OK. Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Mask, over time, dried out my hair.

Self relaxing was a dissapointment :ohwell: And going to salons was an even bigger dissapointment. No relaxer gets my hair straight and I am going to have to face that :ohwell:

I agree 100% about the generic Humectress, pure crap-ola, but the Nexxus Humectress does work for me. But I'm dissapointed that the Wheat Germ Oil Mask failed you. I love it so much.

My product failure was Keracare. Didn't do much for my hair.

angelbaby

Suave conditioning washes (made my hair hard)

NTM deep conditioner (made my hair hard)

Lacio, Lacio (made my hair brittle over time.)

LUST (made my hair a bit dry and hard)

Coconut oil (made my hair dry and hard)

Cinnamon and Sole conditioner (it was okay, but nothing special)

Surge Hair Revitalizer (made my hair revert, not grow...and caused a nasty buildup and flaking on my scalp)