Board Recommendations that didn't work for you?

msmerc

conditioner washes really did nothing for my hair. My hair is too thick and takes too long to dry. I have to stick to washing once a week.

SNyeema

Crysdon said:
Profectiv Healthy Ends - I might use this on my cat next week.

Okay, you just gave me the BEST laugh I've had in a very long time!!!!!
--------
Curly Pudding, Curly Meringue - too expensive, hair stayed white and wet too long and it made it hard.

S-curl and Care free curl - just made it greasy. I make up my own glycerin mix with lots of water.

Aloe Vera Gel - just sat there. Made hair dry.

Suave anything - dried out my hair

Black n Sassy Carribean .....stuff - jury's still out on this. need something to mix it with. Tried lots of stuff. Just ended up with curly white hair. Oh and the smell isn't much to write home about either.

Last edited:

SandySea

I have gotten a lot of great suggestions from this board. However, the frequent CW's did not work for my hair. I have fine-medium type 4 hair and it eventually made my hair too soft and spongy. However, in moderation (no more than once a week), I have found CW's to be a helpful tool between washes.

Also, all those products that I started using caused my hair to break when I combed it. Now I stick to only one product at a time and I usually wait until my hair needs a boost to apply it.

Last edited:

melodee

Surge--gave me a rash something fierce.

Baggie method and buns daily. My hair broke off more due to being scrunched. My hair hates being wet and manipulated. It starts coming out that way. When it's dry and I comb it, it's okay.

Jewell

-S-Curl. Maybe I am allergic because it made my hair shed everytime I applied it.
-Honey on hair...made my hair very dry and stringy.
-Cayenne pepper and EVOO...made the nape area burn like crazy...no tingling anywhere else.
-Baggie method helped ends, but I got SOOOO tired of bunning my hair all the time
-Elasta QP Mango Butter
-Protective styling...called it quits. I'd much rather my hair be free and flowing.
-Glover's Dandruff Control Medicine...helped with growth, but my hair couldn't handle the alcohol content, and I could barely stand the smell.

Last edited:

toinette

Tricking the president
S-curl
Conditioner washes - breakage city
Airdrying - again, anther trip to breakage city
surge - didnt notice a difference
biotin creme - if anything, this made my edges so much worse

miracle

Conditioner Washes :down: My hair just doesn't like them at all.

NTM Big disappointment. :(

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner An even bigger disappointment. :mad: I don't know where the moisture went because that stuff made my hair incredibly dry & tangled. :mad:

Shoediva

I would have to say Infusium 23 leave in...Makes my hair dry and my ends look horrible when I put this stuff in....

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I experienced these things that didn't work for me when I was relaxed and transitioning:

Protein treatments - did nothing for my hair

Deep conditioning - did nothing for my hair either, felt the same afterwards

Clarifying shampoos - strip my hair, made it feel like straw

Airdrying - made my hair super dry and brittle most of the time

John Freida Dream Curls - made my hair hard

Pantene Leave-in Conditioning Spray - made my hair hard

ORS Shea Butter Lotion - made my hair dry and YUCK

Creme of Nature Shampoo - build up on new growth

Baggie Method - caused breakage

L-Cysteine 500mg - saw no difference in hair growth

Now that I'm natural, all I do is wash my hair and moisturize it and protect it at night! :D

Last edited:

Tebby1017

Shamelessly bumping my old thread. I know this thread is SUPER OLD, but I'm still interested in hearing from you ladies.

Tebby

tapioca_pudding

-Cream of Nature poo
-Pre-pooing
-Lacio Lacio (gonna give it another try)
-Saran wrap method (ditto)

That's all I can think of right now.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Baggying-made my hair break
Aubrey Organics shampoo for dry hair -made my hair very dry
Clarifying shampoo-made my hair dry, crunchy and hard and I hate when my hair feels like that. Need to find one that is gentler or use baking soda.

Empress Yahudah

Surge- made my hard dry and brittle and started to break
Nacidit Avocado rinse- didnt give me any slip or detangle
Keracare- I tried almost everything from that line and it did not work for my hair
Fermodyl 619- gave me no slip left my hair kinda tangled
J/A/S/O/N Sea kelp shampoo-left my hair tangled and hard

puddin

S-curl for moisture.. just made my hair greasy and heavy...
Mango Butter... did nothing for my hair...

NClady

I tried CAPILO's Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner last night-----------Never again!! My hair felt like it was matted to my head.**maybe a bad jar, I'm giving it away****

***For those of you that air dries your hair, I think that this works best for people who have short hair*****

Leslie_C

low manupulation gives me dredlocks...

So I try to only comb when I rollerset and that keeps the tangles in check....the rest of the time I finger comb and sometimes I use one of those babysoft boar bristle brushes and/or my denman brush to smooth the top layer only for a ponytail,etc.

HoneyDew

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment

I HATED the way it made my hair feel. I ended up washing my hair and using another conditioner.

One thing I can say is that my hair is nice a moisturized this week following the use of it. Maybe I need to try it as a prepoo instead. Otherwise, I just cannot use it!

Miss*Tress

Gave me loads of build-up and my hair was dry. I don't like the smell either.

Last edited:

lilamae

Wow i thought I was the only one who had major build up after using the ORS paks.

Also oil rinsing is just not for me.