Board Recommendations that didn't work for you?

keez1979

Re: Board Recommendations that didn\'t work for you

I agree with those who mentioned Elasta QP mango Butter and S-Curl. Both made my hair feel awful and I had to wash them right out!!!

patticake

[ QUOTE ]
I hear you, 72792. I'm a mineral oil/petrolatum type of person.

Biotion also did not make my hair grow any faster.

Question. What do the following stand for?

HE
LUST
EVOO

[/ QUOTE ]

karonica,

HE= herbal essence

LUST= loreal unfrizz smoothing treatment

EVOO= extra virgin olive oil

pmichael52172

Stretching out relaxers - My hair broke off (but luckily not too badly). I can't go past 6-7 weeks

Elucence shampoos and conditioners - Nothing special about them with my hair

The wet/wavy look - Forget about that

Putting nothing on my scalp - Big no -no for my hair. It must have moisture.

Karonica

Thanks patti. I would have never guessed the evoo.

I totally agree with your last one pmichael. I may whip out some grease tonight.

Peachtree

Suave Coconut... this stuff just sat ontop of my hair. One day I'm gonna warm it then apply.... hopefully I'll get some good results.

Lisa

Daily conditioning washes (Made my hair too soft)

vevster

I can't remember specifics but for a while I was OVER conditioning my hair and it was limp like a rag.

I had to adjust the amt. and type of conditioning I do...

- S-curl activator: it made my ends break
- Infusium 23 leave in: did nothing for my hair except make it hard

Cindy70

Lye relaxers - My hair just doesn't like them. They never really straighten my hair (even super strength) No-lye is for me.

LUST - Didn't really soften or smooth my hair.

No mineral oil - My hair looks frizzy without some kind of product that has mineral oil in it.

Coconut/Jojoba/carrot oils - Too oily, too messy and they never leave my hair feeling soft and moisturized.

Nyambura

surfer girl

<ul type="square"> [*]Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek - made my hair tangled, hard, rough

[*]S-Curl No Drip Activator - always starts out great but then fizzles.
Winds up drying out my hair eventually - same with Care Free Curl Gold Activator. I think my hair dislikes glycerin.

[*]ORS Carrot Oil Creme mixed with WGO or any other oil.

[*]Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner/Detangler - my hair hates Nexxus anything, although this one worked better for me with castor oil mixed into it when I wanted to use it up.

[*]Proclaim Activator Gel - broke out my scalp (yuck) [/list]

[ QUOTE ]
Lye relaxers - My hair just doesn't like them. They never really straighten my hair (even super strength) No-lye is for me.

LUST - Didn't really soften or smooth my hair.

No mineral oil - My hair looks frizzy without some kind of product that has mineral oil in it.

Coconut/Jojoba/carrot oils - Too oily, too messy and they never leave my hair feeling soft and moisturized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the all the above. I'm sighing with relief. I thought I was the only one on the board.

AngieK

<font color="brown">Elasta QP Mango Butter did not work for me.

Also, my hair did not do well with conditioner only washes.

AngieK </font>

Karonica

I like this thread. I could've swore I was the only one whose hair didn't respond to the Elasta QP Mango Butter.

GinuwinesBoo

rollersetting my hair everytime i wash it, ponytail methods, hot oil treatments.

Sky

[ QUOTE ]
rollersetting my hair everytime i wash it, ponytail methods, hot oil treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh yes I forgot about those hot oil treatments , I *must* be doing something wrong.

And someone asked about the drawstring pony tail... now maybe I bought the wrong kind but it didnt stay on right and to get it to stay on right I had to go through too much trouble and I was worried about if falling off...it just didnt seem secure. But maybe it was the way I put it on...I may give that another try, although I am not crazy about weave.

SVT

Revlon Creme of Nature Shampoo - no glorious slip as experienced by so many others

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

Elasta QP H-Two: Didn't detangle anything

This is all for now. But I don't blame anyone in here. My hair is just different.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
Revlon Creme of Nature Shampoo - no glorious slip as experienced by so many others

[/ QUOTE ]

Which formula did you use? Some of them do have sulfates and/or other harsh detergents. I know the extra body formula has sulfates. IIRC, the moisturizing and the regular formulas are the ones that are sulfate free.

ThursdayGirl

I agree this was a great thread! I thought I was one of a few who didn't dig LUST and Smooth n Sleek. I guess there are more people than I thought &lt;giggles&gt; maybe we just aren't as vocal.

Tebby1017

I thought of this thread because there are things that I tried that everyone loved, but my hair hated...I didn't want to say anything, but I figured I wasn't the only one whose hair didn't agree with certain things.

Tebby

Allandra

Well, I guess everyone's hair is just not going to agree with the same hair care products. In the famous words of Supergirl ' Has everyone clarified lately?'

Tebby1017

I'm beginning to wonder if certain products work better than others based on hair types
. I'm too lazy now, but I will go back over the thread and take a closer look.

Tebby

ThursdayGirl

I definitely think you are right about that, Tebby! It seems like a lot of the LUST and Smooth n Sleek users are type 3 people.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess everyone's hair is just not going to agree with the same hair care products. In the famous words of Supergirl ' Has everyone clarified lately?'

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't help but laugh a little when I read this. It is so true!

moni

My hair did not respond well to the curl activator. WGO made my hair clump together. After a while Elucence didn't work wonders either. CON wasn't good for me either. And wrapping my hair didn't work either. Lol...and I forgot the conditioner only washes didn't work for me either.