Board Recommendations that didn't work for you?

Tamrin

unapologetic
QP mango butter does nothing for me. MTG smells to bad made my eyes burn.... Im giving it away. Anyone like it and want it. Let me know.

blazingthru

Not areally feeling the oil rinses but they aren't so bad if you do it once in a while not every day. When I do it every once in a while, my hair seems to like it. My shower however hates it and give me problems.
Olive oil by itself my hair hates, I have to hide it to use it,
I don't like coconut oil I have to hide it as well.
Avocado butter is the pitts for my hair hates it, hates all those white balls and I melt the stuff down. Yuck
MTG worked hated the smell never used it again.
Bt worked but again I hated the smell it smells like Sulfur after three days even when I condition washed so I had to use shampoo. Its good stuff so dont' let this stop you.
Never was feeling Lenzi request I might have tried it once or twice since I brought it and then I buried it somewhere.
Bagging was really great for a moment but I think it was to much moisture for my hair so thats a once in a while thing too.
Suave nothing. I did them all and v05 and they were great for a moment but I got a lot of build up after and while and haven't had the problem since I stopped using the cheapies. I haven't clarifed for a while since. I might be due to.

snookes

Board Recommendations that didn\'t work for you?

We all know that everyone's hair is different, and what works for some may not work for others.

That being said, what are some suggestions/recommendations that you got from the board that others swear by but make you just swear?

Mine are:
Daily washing (I can only do this for about a week before my hair really starts to break).

LeKair Cholesterol (makes my hair super hard and dry...I keep it for my daughter's hair because, amazingly, her hair LOVES it!!).

Tebby
Water alone makes my hair tangle. Can only use a water based moisturiser.

Giovanni direct leave in did absolutely nothing for my hair. No slip or moisture whatsoever.

Glycerin makes my hair shrink something fierce.

Finally coconut oil my hair dislikes it, it makes it greasy, dry, hard & brittle.

Last edited:

HaveSomeWine

Washing once a week- My hair will get absolutely disgusting if I go that long without washing it. It must be shampooed at least every 3-4 days with daily rinsing/water washing in between.

Cowashing- Causes product build up and I prefer squeaky clean hair.

Natural hair products - They tend to be too thick/stiff and contain ingredients my hair doesn't care for such as aloe, coconut, etc.

Gel- My hair doesn't really care for gel. It makes it clumpy and sticky.

Coconut Oil- Works but smells like vomit and buttered popcorn. Will not repurchase simply because of the smell.

Thick Conditioners- My hair hates thick conditioners. My hair gets weighed down and gross. I despise L'Oreal Paris, Garnier Fructis and Aussie Conditioners because of this.

Silicone Free Products- My hair absolutely needs silicones. Without them, my hair is an absolute pain to deal with. It just doesn't feel or look as nice.

Sulfate Free Shampoos- They don't clean my hair properly.

Finger Detangling- My hair will get matted if I don't brush it every few days.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Washing once a week- My hair will get absolutely disgusting if I go that long without washing it. It must be shampooed at least every 3-4 days with daily rinsing/water washing in between.

Cowashing- Causes product build up and I prefer squeaky clean hair.

Natural hair products - They tend to be too thick/stiff and contain ingredients my hair doesn't care for such as aloe, coconut, etc.

Gel- My hair doesn't really care for gel. It makes it clumpy and sticky.

Coconut Oil- Works but smells like vomit and buttered popcorn. Will not repurchase simply because of the smell.

Thick Conditioners- My hair hates thick conditioners. My hair gets weighed down and gross. I despise L'Oreal Paris, Garnier Fructis and Aussie Conditioners because of this.

Silicone Free Products- My hair absolutely needs silicones. Without them, my hair is an absolute pain to deal with. It just doesn't feel or look as nice.

Sulfate Free Shampoos- They don't clean my hair properly.

Finger Detangling- My hair will get matted if I don't brush it every few days.
Yes to all over this!
Relaxer stretching will be added to my list!

Damaris.Elle

-Washing and detangling my hair once every 2 weeks. The longest I should go without washing and detangling my hair is 1 week. I work out a lot and sweat...if I go that long without washing, My scalp starts to smell and it seems to get sore.

-Detangling in the shower under running water. Ever since I've started loading my hair up with conditioner and coconut oil and detangling at the sink in front of the mirror I've realized I've been detangling the wrong way. When I was detangling in the shower I was losing way more hair than I do now that I detangle in front of the sink.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
-Washing and detangling my hair once every 2 weeks. The longest I should go without washing and detangling my hair is 1 week. I work out a lot and sweat...if I go that long without washing, My scalp starts to smell and it seems to get sore.

-Detangling in the shower under running water. Ever since I've started loading my hair up with conditioner and coconut oil and detangling at the sink in front of the mirror I've realized I've been detangling the wrong way. When I was detangling in the shower I was losing way more hair than I do now that I detangle in front of the sink.

:yep:

:amen:

The hair loss when I *try to* detangle with just conditioner under running shower water is not happiness. :nono: Like, at all. Detangling at the sink? :yep: YUP!!!

What are your hair characteristics, @Noelle01?

Damaris.Elle

:yep:

:amen:

The hair loss when I *try to* detangle with just conditioner under running shower water is not happiness. :nono: Like, at all. Detangling at the sink? :yep: YUP!!!

What are your hair characteristics, @Noelle01?

I really should get a Komaza care analysis, because I'm still figuring out all my hair's characteristics even though I've had it all my life lol.

I'm natural, fine, probably mixture of 3c/4a. I used to think I was mostly 4a with a little bit of 3c, but now I'm thinking I'm more 3c...I think my curls are loosening and clumping more easily now because my hair is getting longer. I think my hair has normal porosity because it does soak up water and moisture quickly, but it doesn't seem like it loses moisture quickly and it takes a long time to dry after I wash it. I also think my hair is medium density.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I really should get a Komaza care analysis, because I'm still figuring out all my hair's characteristics even though I've had it all my life lol.

I'm natural, fine, probably mixture of 3c/4a. I used to think I was mostly 4a with a little bit of 3c, but now I'm thinking I'm more 3c...I think my curls are loosening and clumping more easily now because my hair is getting longer. I think my hair has normal porosity because it does soak up water and moisture quickly, but it doesn't seem like it loses moisture quickly and it takes a long time to dry after I wash it. I also think my hair is medium density.

Man, me, too! I used to think I was 4a with a little 3c, but now I think I'm 4a and 4b. Also, using protein has now made it hard for me to tell what my hair's main porosity really is. It's been acting like it has normal/medium porosity, as of late. But I am CERTAIN that in the beginning it was high, because it got drenched and elongated instantly and dried out literally in HOURS.

I need to get a Komaza analysis for real. I need to stop being "unmotivated" (lazy): I need to be organized when I detangle and keep 4 plastic baggies in the bathroom so I can collect shed hair by quadrant.