Aveda

JFemme

Okay..it's a new year....and I need some new products( been extremely good for 6 months)
so...here's the thing ! I got a renewed hankering to try some Aveda products on for size..er ...I mean performance

Here's my list of wanna try's :

Hair Detoxifier
Sap Moss Nurishing Concentrate
Brilliant Spray on Shine
Light Elements Reviving Mist...

and I may buy a shampoo** probably the Sap Moss combo

What has been you experience with Aveda products...?

TIA ladies !

nutella

I have used Aveda rosemary mint conditioner, which I love.
Right now, I'm using the knock-off (called Aura, available at Sally's).
I have also used the Brilliant humectant pomade for twists.
I love the Aveda deep penetrating hair revitalizer as a deep conditioner. It's pretty expensive (as I'm sure you know, given it's Aveda), but I love the effects.
My hair is natural, btw.

DigitalRain

I like Aveda, but they are sooo darn expensive! I used to use their Humectant pomade. I only have one Aveda product called Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss, its light weight oil.

I would love to try the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate too.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Alrighty -- Aveda products figure hugely in my hair regimen
I use:

Sap Moss Shampoo -- my main shampoo except for clarifying when I use Suave. I only lather once with the Sap Moss Shampoo.
Elixir -- staple leave-in conditioner!!!
Curessence Damage Relief Conditioner -- Mild Protein Conditioner that gives glorious shine, I used Aphogee's Protein line when I first joined the board to curb breakage, but now I just use this for "bi-weekly protein maintenance"..
Be Curly -- Curl Cream -- bought my first tube recently and am liking it in conjunction w/shine serum and JF Dream Curls to get my wash and go look. No crunchies here.

Also, I like: the Anti-humectant shine pomade for keeping straight styles looking sleek, shiny and fab all day long. And the Hang Straight lotion for blowdrying. Since I am heat-abstinent these days, I haven't replaced these products. I conditioner wash my relaxed hair on most days and use shampoo once a week. Clarify as necessary. My staple conditioner is Nexxus Humectress -- have not found a moisturizing conditioner I like with Aveda yet.

p.s Have also tried but was not impressed with Brilliant Damage Control spray, Sap Moss Detangling Conditioner, and Confixor Gel.

deeplyrooted

ITA with kinkini2. i'm in love with the sap moss shampoo, but my experience with the conditioner wasn't all that great.
i wanna try more aveda stuff too, but its just not in the budget . . . aveda needs to have a sale shoot ! ! !
LOL

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Tell me about it!! Sometimes I get coupons in the mail as a result of being on their mailing list. But otherwise, it's full price. My advice -- try travel sized tubes first, and even then, if it doesnt work, return it for a refund.

JFemme

Thanks ladies for your input ! I'm going to purchase a few products today( on my lunch break )... That 'Damage Relief' /Deep Penetrating Revitalizer both sound like what my hair is hankering for...

Yeap, this line sure is expensive , that's why I wanted to run it by you ladies...before I got in there and started ohhing, ahhhhing and charging my credit card..

I'm natural too , by the way ...still sporting twists extentions but I still like to take excellent care of MY hair...Its growing like a weed...so I'm preparing for my coming out month this Spring...

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
kinikini2 said:

Also, I like: the Anti-humectant shine pomade for keeping straight styles looking sleek, shiny and fab all day long. And the Hang Straight lotion for blowdrying.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm since i have found out that my beloved satin creme press is discontinued *sniff*.......hmmm how well do these work??? these are from Aveda?

deeplyrooted

[ QUOTE ]
kinikini2 said:
Tell me about it!! Sometimes I get coupons in the mail as a result of being on their mailing list. But otherwise, it's full price. My advice -- try travel sized tubes first, and even then, if it doesnt work, return it for a refund.

[/ QUOTE ]

mailing list ? ? ? oh, i definitely need to join that sucker.
unfortunately, i don't live near a full feature/sized aveda shoppe - have to get full sized stuff from a local department store - but i'll keep this in mind. i really wanna try the sap moss concentrate . . . we'll see if i can scrap up enough pennies to try it.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
kinikini2 said:

Also, I like: the Anti-humectant shine pomade for keeping straight styles looking sleek, shiny and fab all day long. And the Hang Straight lotion for blowdrying.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm since i have found out that my beloved satin creme press is discontinued *sniff*.......hmmm how well do these work??? these are from Aveda?

[/ QUOTE ]

scratch answering this, i just went to their site, found a location and will go get some. im sure it works great

kedra70

I've used the Hair Detoxifier as a clarifying shampoo - it did what it was supposed to, haven't used it in a few years.

The Sap Moss Concentrate is good and really helps my hair feel moisturized. It's a keeper

I use the Brilliant Emollient drops - it cost $23 (dang!) - but I think it's worth it. I love the smell and the soft shine it gives my hair. The spray you listed has alcohol in it - that might be a little drying to your hair.

I haven't used any of the Light Elements stuff.

Kedra

Neen

I LOVE the humectant pomade
You should go to their website. you put in your hairtype and stuff and they reccomend products. they pretty much said I should use the Brilliant line. Anyone tried the brilliant conditioner before?

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
hello again -- you can join the mailing list on their website or when you purchase products at the store, I think. Irresistible, note that they have a humectant pomade and an Anti-humectant pomade -- they work a little differently. Ask the store associate for help in choosing one to meet your needs. Good luck!