I Couldn't Find Aveda Elixir Leave-In...

divinefavor

on the Aveda website. Yesterday I ordered about $70 worth of stuff from Aveda online and paid for it to be overnighted. I want to make sure that I have everything I need for doing my hair this weekend. I ran out of the DR conditioner (so I went to website only to buy that )and decided to buy Sap Moss Pre-poo and also the deep penetrating conditioner. Lately my regimen has been Elucence Clarifying shampoo, Aveda DR shampoo, Elucence conditioner and Lacio Lacio as the leave in (with occasional bouts with Nexxus Phyto Organics line). I wanted to see how my hair would respond with only using Aveda products in every step for about 2-4 weeks. But, I'm missing the Aveda Elixir (I think that's what it's called) for use as a leave-in and couldn't find it on the website in order to add to my purchase. Does anyone have a picture of it or know the exact name so that I can find a store in my area where I can pick it up.

TIA for your help!

Last edited:
Thanks, girl!

Dang...they don't sell it anymore. Did they make something in place of it? I've been using Damage Remedy since April of last year. I still have the same bottle of shampoo, but ran out of the treatment and conditioner. Although, the prices are high, the product lasts a long time. Maybe I can find some of the elixir in the stores.

Not that I can see. I really like the damage remedy line. It is the best thing I find for my hair! I think if you called some stores they may still have some. It hasn't being that long since they stopped selling it.
This other place has it way cheaper http://www.salonsavings.com/aveda/

Last edited:
Divine, I was just about to post some stuff on the exchange board within the next couple of days. I have a bottle of the elixir if you want it. Its about 60% full and I will sell it to you for $6.00 (s&h included in price). PM me if you are interested.

I wonder if you call an Aveda Store (no a concept salon) if they will mail it to you. I picked up 2 bottles (for $9 each) on Saturday from Aveda Gallery Place in Washington, DC - might be worth the call.

BTW: I have a 16.9 bottle of Elixir. If you still want it, it's yours. ;)

divinefavor said:
on the Aveda website. Yesterday I ordered about $70 worth of stuff from Aveda online and paid for it to be overnighted. I want to make sure that I have everything I need for doing my hair this weekend. I ran out of the DR conditioner (so I went to website only to buy that )and decided to buy Sap Moss Pre-poo and also the deep penetrating conditioner. Lately my regimen has been Elucence Clarifying shampoo, Aveda DR shampoo, Elucence conditioner and Lacio Lacio as the leave in (with occasional bouts with Nexxus Phyto Organics line). I wanted to see how my hair would respond with only using Aveda products in every step for about 2-4 weeks. But, I'm missing the Aveda Elixir (I think that's what it's called) for use as a leave-in and couldn't find it on the website in order to add to my purchase. Does anyone have a picture of it or know the exact name so that I can find a store in my area where I can pick it up.

TIA for your help!

Thanks Ladies, Nelli I sent you a PM.

bklynwildheart - I will definitely take it off your hands.

Whew, I'm getting all these bottles I hope my hair likes the elixir. :lol:

I'm going to check the store, I think there's one around my job to see if they have any left as well.

Brklyn & Nellie,

Thanks for offering to sell the elixir to me. I just called a salon near me and they have in both large and small sizes. I'm just going to purchase it from there, so that I'll have for my weekend wash. Hopefully, someone else here can buy it from you.

Thanks again!

Yes, the holy-grail Aveda Elixir has been discontinued by Aveda, and will not be replaced by new packaging or another product. So whatever stock you find in stores, salons or online is "the end". I bought (4) 16oz bottles yesterday at the store at "The Falls" in Miami (They seemed to have some more inventory if anyone local is interested). My purchase should give me another year and a half to find a replacement!!

Back