Aveda Sap Moss Line

luvlonghair

Jessy55 said:
luvlonghair, that's very positive of you to be willing to learn and improve your trade. With this kind of attittude, I am sure you're a great stylist. If you were in my area, I'd patronize you. :yep:

Thank you Jessy55, even though most of the ladies here do their own hair, I wish I had you all as my clients. Someone that is passionate about their hair and that will allow me to keep it healthy and grow it really long.:grin:

MissB

I wish I hadn't read this thread. I have been looking at the DR line for almost a year. I haven't purchased anything in a long time. The raves are making me want to run to the mall at lunch time.

luvlonghair

MissB said:
I wish I hadn't read this thread. I have been looking at the DR line for almost a year. I haven't purchased anything in a long time. The raves are making me want to run to the mall at lunch time.

I hear you on that. I'm going back to the Aveda Salon today. Pray that they have some samples so I don't splurge and by the entire DR line:eek:

scoobygirl

Luvlonghair, I thought I was cured of my PJism until I read your posts on the Aveda line. I bought the Sap Moss concentrate based on your experience at Dominican salon and I bought the Damage Remedy based on everyone else's raves. I absolutely love both of them. I have used them together and during shampoo days. I especially love how soft the DR gets my new growth. My only complaint is the cost, a little too pricey for me. I think I will keep my Giovani products as my staples but I would love to try and integrate the Aveda stuff for the days when my hair is in trouble.

So my question is how often should I use the concentrate and/or Damage Remedy?

taraglam2

Already use and love the AVEDA Damage Remedy line---Now I am adding the Sap Moss line to my wish list ! :)

luvlonghair

scoobygirl said:
Luvlonghair, I thought I was cured of my PJism until I read your posts on the Aveda line. I bought the Sap Moss concentrate based on your experience at Dominican salon and I bought the Damage Remedy based on everyone else's raves. I absolutely love both of them. I have used them together and during shampoo days. I especially love how soft the DR gets my new growth. My only complaint is the cost, a little too pricey for me. I think I will keep my Giovani products as my staples but I would love to try and integrate the Aveda stuff for the days when my hair is in trouble.

I tried to recover but said to h*ll with it:lol: :lol: I want Aveda:lol:.......
The concentrate can be used every 5 shampoos or as needed. I'm not sure about the DR. I haven't used this stuff yet. Other ladies can sure steer you in the right direction with this. I'm asking questions now about this line.:look:

luvlonghair

taraglam2 said:
Already use and love the AVEDA Damage Remedy line---Now I am adding the Sap Moss line to my wish list ! :)

Taraglam2, please give me the scoop on using this line (especially the conditioners). I need all the help I can get before purchasing it.:D

divinefavor

luvlonghair said:
Thank you Jessy55, even though most of the ladies here do their own hair, I wish I had you all as my clients. Someone that is passionate about their hair and that will allow me to keep it healthy and grow it really long.:grin:

Girl, I just realized that you're in Charlotte, NC. My mother and stepfather moved there a year ago from Milwaukee. I still don't think she's found a stylist that she likes yet. Please PM me your information so that I can give it to her.

luvlonghair

divinefavor said:
Girl, I just realized that you're in Charlotte, NC. My mother and stepfather moved there a year ago from Milwaukee. I still don't think she's found a stylist that she likes yet. Please PM me your information so that I can give it to her.

Great, I'm sending you one right now.:)

SohoHair

scoobygirl said:

I use the Sap Concentrate every 4-6 washes depending on how my hair is doing, lately it's been about every 5 because of the drying affects of the colder weather/indoor heating. I use the DR Conditionder every time I wash, sometimes I deep condition with a thermal cap and sometimes I just leave it on with a shower cap over it for about 5 - 10 minutes and let the heat from the shower do its thing. I try to use the DR Treatment every 5 washes, but I'm beginning to fnd that my hair is in such good condition as of late (thanks HUGELY to the fact that I switched from Keracare to Aveda:creatures ) that I don't really need too much serious protien in my life.

I also use a little of the Sap Moss Concentrate as a leave in before I rollerset my hair and it's been very very nice. I haven't tried it yet with a wash-and-go (mainly because it's too chilly to be walking arround with wet hair) but I plan on doing so sometime in the future! HTH.

luvlonghair

SohoHair said:
I use the Sap Concentrate every 4-6 washes depending on how my hair is doing, lately it's been about every 5 because of the drying affects of the colder weather/indoor heating. I use the DR Conditionder every time I wash, sometimes I deep condition with a thermal cap and sometimes I just leave it on with a shower cap over it for about 5 - 10 minutes and let the heat from the shower do its thing. I try to use the DR Treatment every 5 washes, but I'm beginning to fnd that my hair is in such good condition as of late (thanks HUGELY to the fact that I switched from Keracare to Aveda:creatures ) that I don't really need too much serious protien in my life.

I also use a little of the Sap Moss Concentrate as a leave in before I rollerset my hair and it's been very very nice. I haven't tried it yet with a wash-and-go (mainly because it's too chilly to be walking arround with wet hair) but I plan on doing so sometime in the future! HTH.

Thank you soooo much for the info. This will help me out a lot.:D

luvlonghair

honeycomb719 said:
Will using this line effect your pricing for styles?

Not at all, this stuff is concentrated. I think I can earn my money back on these products doing anywhere from 4 to 8 heads. This is well worth it, escpecially when clients don't want to pay all that money for these products they can come to me:grin:

I'm sure that this will have clients coming back for more. If I wasn't a member of this forum or even a stylist, I would go back to the dominicans for this. I want my hair to always look and feel like this.:grin:

honeycomb719

luvlonghair said:
Not at all, this stuff is concentrated. I think I can earn my money back on these products doing anywhere from 4 to 8 heads. This is well worth it, escpecially when clients don't want to pay all that money for these products they can come to me:grin:

I'm sure that this will have clients coming back for more. If I wasn't a member of this forum or even a stylist, I would go back to the dominicans for this. I want my hair to always look and feel like this.:grin:

Im with Jessy55 on this, I will patronize you if you where in my area. I have been looking for salon where the stylist has as much care for healthy hair as you do. good luck. Keep the reviews coming ladies.

luvlonghair

honeycomb719 said:
Im with Jessy55 on this, I will patronize you if you where in my area. I have been looking for salon where the stylist has as much care for healthy hair as you do. good luck. Keep the reviews coming ladies.

Thank you!:D :)

luvlonghair

O.k. ladies, I broke down. D**n, that was fast.

I went back to Aveda to get the samples of the DR line and she said that she only had the DR treatment. That little bottle just laughed at me. So I just got the entire line. I know, I over did it.....(hangs head down in shame), but I just had to have it, what the sap moss has done for me, and all the raves about the DR line, I just had to have it.

O.k., this officially ends my spending in 2006 for any hair care products for myself. I will purchase more Aveda products for my clients, but I definitely won't be purchasing any more for me. $140 in 2 days is bad......even for me, but I'm happy and definitely worth it:lol: :lol: :lol:

taraglam2

luvlonghair said:
Taraglam2, please give me the scoop on using this line (especially the conditioners). I need all the help I can get before purchasing it.:D

Hi luvlonghair !

I wash my hair with the Damage Remedy Shampoo and it leaves my hair tangle free, moisturized and soft--- Love it

Then I lightly towel dry--gently just so my hair is not dripping wet and I apply the AVEDA Damage Remedy Treatment to my hair all over from root to tip.

Even though it is concentrated I am heavy handed and my hair is known to drink / eat up conditioner--I used 3/4 of the tube----yikes !!!! I put on a plastic cap for like 15 minutes to 30 minutes and then rinsed--my hair was like pure butter !

Whenever I am going to wear my hair out---this is what I use because it makes my hair like silk. No need for me to try the AVEDA Damage Remedy Conditioner because I am very pleased with the Treatment !!!! I also love and use AVEDA anti-humectant pomade and AVEDA Brilliant Serum with rice bran oil--- Love them-Love them-Love them !

I was recently a bridesmaid in one of my friends wedding and I used AVEDA Damage Remedy Shampoo and then conditioned with the TREATMENT for 15 minutes plastic cap and blow dried--flat ironed my hair--wrapped it in a silk scarf and finally took my hair down when the photographer wanted to take pre-wedding cameo photos (it had been wrapped for like 3.5 hours by this time) ----- My friend the bride was like---Oh my gosh your hair is soooo pretty and long---she had only seen me in buns for like the past 4 months--her wedding was in August---- other ladies were asking me who did my hair and what products did I use.---AVEDA Damage Remedy is well worth it !!!! Hope this information helps :)

luvlonghair

taraglam2 said:
Hi luvlonghair !

I wash my hair with the Damage Remedy Shampoo and it leaves my hair tangle free, moisturized and soft--- Love it

Then I lightly towel dry--gently just so my hair is not dripping wet and I apply the AVEDA Damage Remedy Treatment to my hair all over from root to tip.

Even though it is concentrated I am heavy handed and my hair is known to drink / eat up conditioner--I used 3/4 of the tube----yikes !!!! I put on a plastic cap for like 15 minutes to 30 minutes and then rinsed--my hair was like pure butter !

Whenever I am going to wear my hair out---this is what I use because it makes my hair like silk. No need for me to try the AVEDA Damage Remedy Conditioner because I am very pleased with the Treatment !!!! I also love and use AVEDA anti-humectant pomade and AVEDA Brilliant Serum with rice bran oil--- Love them-Love them-Love them !

I was recently a bridesmaid in one of my friends wedding and I used AVEDA Damage Remedy Shampoo and then conditioned with the TREATMENT for 15 minutes plastic cap and blow dried--flat ironed my hair--wrapped it in a silk scarf and finally took my hair down when the photographer wanted to take pre-wedding cameo photos (it had been wrapped for like 3.5 hours by this time) ----- My friend the bride was like---Oh my gosh your hair is soooo pretty and long---she had only seen me in buns for like the past 4 months--her wedding was in August---- other ladies were asking me who did my hair and what products did I use.---AVEDA Damage Remedy is well worth it !!!! Hope this information helps :)

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes, your info definitely helps me. I'm so excited, why did it take me soooo long to jump onto the Aveda bandwagon:confused: But I'm glad I'm here now. I've saved this thread to my favorites and will be referring back to it this weekend when I do my hair.

The sales staff at the Aveda salon are so good to me. The told me that the Sap Moss and DR line are really good and raved about the DR conditioner. I want to shampoo my hair twice a week, once with the Sap Moss line then the other with the DR line. Wish me luck!!!:D

SohoHair

YAY! Time for an Aveda party!:dance7: I'm sure you'll be really happy with the DR line, I know I am! Also as pricey as it is, it winds up balancing out because a little goes a LONG way. I can't wait to hear back from everyone who recently purchased Sap Moss and DR products!:weird:

luvlonghair

SohoHair said:
YAY! Time for an Aveda party!:dance7: I'm sure you'll be really happy with the DR line, I know I am! Also as pricey as it is, it winds up balancing out because a little goes a LONG way. I can't wait to hear back from everyone who recently purchased Sap Moss and DR products!:weird:

That would be wonderful. :dance7:

Ronda123

luvlonghair said:
:yay:You're very welcome!

I'm glad you like it. I'm so tempted to buy this stuff. Ya'll gonna have this sister broke by the end of today:lol: I really think I was dreaming about this stuff last night:eek: :lol: :lol: .

I'm heading back to Aveda this morning and see what damage I can do to my bank account today.:lol:

Tell me, what shampoo did you use? Did you use the concentrate, shampoo (which one) then the DR conditioner? Do tell.....:lol:

First, I applied the sap moss concentrate to damp hair, I left it on for 10 minutes with a plastic cap. I rinsed and applied the sample of DR treatment, I left this on for about 15 minutes with a plastic cap. I rinsed and applied the DR conditioner for 15 minutes with a plastic cap and hooded dryer. I rinsed and applied the leave on elixir and a serum and rollerset my hair...when I took the rollers out, my hair was sooooooooooo soft. :love:

luvlonghair

Ronda123 said:
First, I applied the sap moss concentrate to damp hair, I left it on for 10 minutes with a plastic cap. I rinsed and applied the sample of DR treatment, I left this on for about 15 minutes with a plastic cap. I rinsed and applied the DR conditioner for 15 minutes with a plastic cap and hooded dryer. I rinsed and applied the leave on elixir and a serum and rollerset my hair...when I took the rollers out, my hair was sooooooooooo soft. :love:

Wow, if you could see how I was reading your post as if it were a good novel:lol: :lol: :lol: Carefully reading every word.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, thank you so much for your response. I'm finally ready to use these products. I can't wait, I'm so excited.:D

Thanks again:)

sexyaqr

Had my hair washed and dc today. Used the Aveda Sap Moss under dryer with my conditioner. Hair is beautiful. I haven't even put moisturizer in my hair. The Dominicans were, " Mami, your hair so beautiful", etc., etc.

luvlonghair

sexyaqr said:
Had my hair washed and dc today. Used the Aveda Sap Moss under dryer with my conditioner. Hair is beautiful. I haven't even put moisturizer in my hair. The Dominicans were, " Mami, your hair so beautiful", etc., etc.

Sexyaqr, how long have you been using the pre-poo concentrate? From your post, are you saying that you went to the dominican salon and had your hair done or did you do it yourself? Either way, it looks very nice and healthy. You grow girl:grin:

sexyaqr

Luvlonghair,
I had serious damage about a year ago(above shoulder length hair) but then I was introduced to Nexxus Poo and Con. Initially Aveda was also used on my hair to nurse back to health but then I moved and never could remember the name of it until I got here(LHCF). So decided from your post to go get it and I do not regret it one bit girl. What I realized that I needed help with was what to do after poo-ing and CON. I never put anything on my hair in terms of moisturizers.
And the Dominicans washed it. I also need to learn to start washing my own hair.

Isis

I washed my hair with my free sample of Sap Moss shampoo. I :love: the smell and the way my hair feels!

I still have some of the sample left over for another wash or two. I'll buy some also, probably from Amazon as I mentioned before.:)

luvlonghair

sexyaqr said:
Luvlonghair,
I had serious damage about a year ago(above shoulder length hair) but then I was introduced to Nexxus Poo and Con. Initially Aveda was also used on my hair to nurse back to health but then I moved and never could remember the name of it until I got here(LHCF). So decided from your post to go get it and I do not regret it one bit girl. What I realized that I needed help with was what to do after poo-ing and CON. I never put anything on my hair in terms of moisturizers.
And the Dominicans washed it. I also need to learn to start washing my own hair.

You will. This forum is very informative. Take what you like and make it your own. You'll be taking care of your hair before you know it. You'll only be going to salons when you feel like it, not because you have to:)

luvlonghair

Isis said:
I washed my hair with my free sample of Sap Moss shampoo. I :love: the smell and the way my hair feels!

I still have some of the sample left over for another wash or two. I'll buy some also, probably from Amazon as I mentioned before.:)

:yay: :yay: :yay: , another Sap Moss user. We need to start an Aveda Users Club.:lol: I'm so glad you like it Isis. This stuff is great! I'm going to use mine along with the DR treatment and conditioner this weekend.

PinkPebbles

Luvlonghair - you sure have started up something...:lachen:...Aveda needs to compensate you for this one!!!

Based on you and BlackBarbie's rave about Lacio Lacio after visiting the Dominican hair salon - I just had to purchase it! And WOW...that was the best thing that has happened to my hair in a long time....(Thank You).

I thought I was done with hair products for 2006...But this thread "got me creepin":sekret: If some ladies switched from Keracare shampoo to Sap Moss...I have to jump on this band-wagon!

I'm going to try the Sap Moss Concentrate...:yay: