Aveda Sap Moss Line

luvlonghair

Hi ladies:wave:,

I just wanted to share some info about the Aveda Sap Moss line with you all.

For those that remember, I posted a review of a dominican salon that I went to last week. Even though the customer service sucked, I really liked my hair and figured out that they used Aveda Sap Moss line on me. Maybe my hair is dryer than I thought, but my hair :love::love: this stuff. Along with the extra virgin coconut oil (on my ends) and Asante oil, my hair has been functioning very well since having it done 6 days ago.

I've decided to go and purchase this line, because the strength that my hair feels, yet moisturized, really influenced my decision to invest in this line.

I've purchased the Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate, Sap Moss Shampoo, Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler and the Elixir for a leave-in. I can honestly say that after my hair was done. It was soft, yet dry (if that makes any sense). But I've been using Asante oil and coconut oil on my hair and my hair hasn’t lost any bounce or body:D and I’ve been applying these oils every night. Not to mention that my hair isn’t oily or anything.

I give the dominican stylists props though:up: :up: :up: , they’ve shown me that I don’t need a lot of products on my hair, and what the Aveda line can do for me. I know some of you may need to use a lot of product on their hair to keep it moisturized, I’m glad I don’t, as long as I’m using these products. I've always loved KeraCare, but I'll be using Aveda just as much also:grin: :grin: :grin:

I’ve also contacted a distributor. I’d really like to use these products on my clients.:D

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I like the Sap Moss Line. I've tried everything but the conditioner. The lady at the Aveda Store told the pre-shampoo and the shampoo were great, but the conditioner wasn't that moisturizing.

lexi08

I have tried the Nouishing concentrate before and I really liked it. I remember trying the Sap Moss shampoo and conditioner, at the time it did not care for the products. I may revisit this line next year, though because I have tried things in the past and did not like them initially but a revisit turned out well.

MzOptimistic

Thanks for giving reviews on this line...I put aveda sap moss and their damage remedy products on my to get list...so I will be ordering these later this month:grin:

camellia

A little honey and apricot kernel oil added to the conditioner make it heavenly.;)

I love the Sap Moss line too.

luvlonghair

shawniegee said:
I like the Sap Moss Line. I've tried everything but the conditioner. The lady at the Aveda Store told the pre-shampoo and the shampoo were great, but the conditioner wasn't that moisturizing.

I don't believe it is either. But once I add my oils to my hair, moisture come back with a bang:grin:

luvlonghair

nikki1971 said:
I have tried the Nouishing concentrate before and I really liked it. I remember trying the Sap Moss shampoo and conditioner, at the time it did not care for the products. I may revisit this line next year, though because I have tried things in the past and did not like them initially but a revisit turned out well.

That would happed. I think its partially from other members experience on a product, and if your results aren't like theirs, you think it doesn't work. But evidently it did, just not the way it did for them. Even though my hair felt dry even she wrapped it, it still looked good. I just applied my oils daily and my hair has never felt this great!

luvlonghair

tsmith said:
Thanks for giving reviews on this line...I put aveda sap moss and their damage remedy products on my to get list...so I will be ordering these later this month:grin:

Please let me know how this works for you. I'm just in :love: with this stuff:grin:

tnorenberg

I purchased it and loved it. I have added it to my pre-poo routine. I wash every week and I rotate with the Aveda Sap Moss one week and the Phyto Joba DC the following week.

brazenxvirtue

I love the Sap Moss line! Like you, I get so much moisture that after my leave-in and a little sealing oil, my hair doesn't need moisturizer. It's been days now and my hair is STILL soft, my roots especially. And that is NOT easy.

luvlonghair

camellia said:
A little honey and apricot kernel oil added to the conditioner make it heavenly.;)

I love the Sap Moss line too.

Thanks for the tip. I have those at the house. I try it this weekend:)

luvlonghair

tnorenberg said:
I purchased it and loved it. I have added it to my pre-poo routine. I wash every week and I rotate with the Aveda Sap Moss one week and the Phyto Joba DC the following week.

Yay:yay:, another Aveda Sap Moss lover. We need to be called the Aveda Hair Club:grin:

luvlonghair

brazenxvirtue said:
I love the Sap Moss line! Like you, I get so much moisture that after my leave-in and a little sealing oil, my hair doesn't need moisturizer. It's been days now and my hair is STILL soft, my roots especially. And that is NOT easy.[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!!

I think this is because you're not using a lot of product that it's allowing the oils to penentrate the hair strand. If we put a lot of product on hair, the oils won't be able to penetrate. (if that makes since).

This stuff is great. Why O' why dis it take me so long to jump on Aveda. The customer service was questionable, but I'm very happy that I went.:grin:

SohoHair

I'm a recent Aveda convert, from the Keracare side of life and I love it!! :creatures The Sap Mass Nourishing Concentrate and Shampoo are phenomal but I prefer the Damage Remedy Conditioner. All in all my hair is so soft and moisturized it is unbelievable, EVERYONE has commented on the difference. I also use a little of the Nourishing Concentrate as a leave-in before I rollerset my hair and it worked out perfectly, the only other thing I added my spray bottle filled with a waterr/jojoba oil/castor oil mix and my hair came out beautifully

luvlonghair

SohoHair said:
I'm a recent Aveda convert, from the Keracare side of life and I love it!! :creatures The Sap Mass Nourishing Concentrate and Shampoo are phenomal but I prefer the Damage Remedy Conditioner. All in all my hair is so soft and moisturized it is unbelievable, EVERYONE has commented on the difference. I also use a little of the Nourishing Concentrate as a leave-in before I rollerset my hair and it worked out perfectly, the only other thing I added my spray bottle filled with a waterr/jojoba oil/castor oil mix and my hair came out beautifully

Me as well. I want to try the damage remedy conditioner. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas:grin: . I was thinking about using the concentrate as a leave-in but decided to try the Elixir leave-in 1st.

Tee

I really like the products I have. I might try the sap moss poo and conditioner in the new year. (trying to cut down on the PJism). The pre poo is easy and quick with good results. I love the elixir. I am glad I got the the bigger bottle of it. The brilliant cream is still my all time fav. of the line so far.

Cichelle

Oh man, I used to LOVE the Sap Moss Shampoo! It was my all time favorite. I had to give it up for some reason or another that I don't remember now. Perhaps it was something in the ingredients. I'd have to look again. But that stuff was heavenly!

luvlonghair

Letitia said:
I really like the products I have. I might try the sap moss poo and conditioner in the new year. (trying to cut down on the PJism). The pre poo is easy and quick with good results. I love the elixir. I am glad I got the the bigger bottle of it. The brilliant cream is still my all time fav. of the line so far.

I was going to get it, but I had already ran up a hefty bill. I'll put this on my Christmas wish list.:grin:

luvlonghair

Cichelle said:
Oh man, I used to LOVE the Sap Moss Shampoo! It was my all time favorite. I had to give it up for some reason or another that I don't remember now. Perhaps it was something in the ingredients. I'd have to look again. But that stuff was heavenly!

Girl go get it back. It still as good as you remember it:grin:

SpyCats

Are there any natural ladies using this line? Do you like it? Is it moisterizing?...i'd like to try it. Thanks in advance.

luvlonghair

tld723 said:
I've been alternating between the Sap Moss line and the DR line, and I absolutley love both:D

I'm definitely asking for this for Christmas. Wow, my husband better ready for this bill:grin: :grin: :lachen:

Mizani_Mrs

Wow, luvlonghair that Aveda must have really made a serious impression on you because you are still raving about it. I am glad to hear it, thanks for sharing. I'm cool with my nexxus & keracare shampoo's and conditioners but i may pick up that prepoo treatment.

mkstar826

supersonic
blkbutterflyz0301 said:
Are there any natural ladies using this line? Do you like it? Is it moisterizing?...i'd like to try it. Thanks in advance.

i used to use the entire line and :love: the sap moss shampoo & nourishing concentrate. both are very moisturizing. i could've done w/o the conditioner - not thick enough, no slip, and it didn't really do anything.

luvlonghair

Mizani_Mrs said:
Wow, luvlonghair that Aveda must have really made a serious impression on you because you are still raving about it. I am glad to hear it, thanks for sharing. I'm cool with my nexxus & keracare shampoo's and conditioners but i may pick up that prepoo treatment.

Yes, it surely has. I'm in love with this stuff. There are a few of us that used KeraCare faithfully and have made the switch, you may also:lol:

I'm addicted to this stuff. I'm going to try to do a blow out on me this weekend.

luvlonghair

mkstar826 said:
i used to use the entire line and :love: the sap moss shampoo & nourishing concentrate. both are very moisturizing. i could've done w/o the conditioner - not thick enough, no slip, and it didn't really do anything.

Everyone keeps saying that:confused: I wonder why? I let you all know how it works for me.:)

SpyCats

mkstar826 said:

Hi Mkstar :wave:. Thanks for responding. I was acutally hoping that you would peek your head in because I vaguely remembered you mentioning this line on another board. Have you ever tried the Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructing Treatment (I think its a weekly treatment)? I would use it as a deep conditioner.