• I can never say never (indecisive)

Votes: 156 26.9%
  • I will be getting a relaxer soon

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • Definetly no

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

sholly6

I voted yes, I'm natural for life great poll:) Sometimes people make you think you're nuts not to have a perm but my hair is in better condition. I love it

smuice

I voted may relax, however that is more likely to be a tex lax, simply because my hair knots up so much in its natural state and I have to trim so many inches off the ends due to this, I think texlaxing will help me achieve my waist length goal with more ease...But i still love my curls! But the shrinkage is too ridiculous!

God is the greatest..

See my henna hair pic:

I love Henna:lol:

St Goal: Healthy thick apl
Lt Goal: Healthy thick texlaxed waist length

www.myfotki/salheaven/

password in profile;)

mscocoface

I am on the adventure of a lifetime. I want to see how long I can get my natural hair and then go on public tour and talk to as many people as I can about healthy natural hair that once was called "Bad Hair"

I want to show as anyone who will sit still and listen to me long enough that yes you too can have healthy natural hair and here is how. I plan to one day make a Tshirt of my siggy and show these sites that have helped me grow my hair.

See below. In short, I will be natural for the rest of my life. Err..got carried away. Sorry, what was the question again? ;)

Estee

Yes, I'm natural for life. It's healthier for me and my hair. I love running my fingers through my hair and feeling my curls. It brings back childhood memories from when I was 2 yrs old... seriously. I used to drink my bottle :baby2: and play with my braids back then...:antlers: I loved my curls!

I don't know why I ever relaxed... well I know why, teenaged peer pressure. I'm over that. If I want it straight, I can flatiron, press, blowdry or pull it into a bun. Like someone said earlier, "it's the best of both worlds". On hot days, it's wonderful to wash my hair to cool off then just through it up in a puff. I can dip into the pool or go to the beach without fear of wetting my 'do... just wash and go.

Being natural is more versatile than relaxed for me. No regrets for me. I have less than 2 years until my 10th anniversary as a Happy Nappy!!!!

Peace & no hair grease!

Jazzmommy

Yes, I'm natural for life....

I got my first Revlon perm back in the 80s which damaged my thick long hair. I successfully transitioned in the early 90s and wore a press and curl. My hair was back to beautiful thick state. It was just pass my shoulders at that point-- it could have been much longer but I was pressing it. Well, I was working out a lot and wasn't aware of all of the natural styling options -- I don't think folks were sporting the wash and go in the early 90s so I got another perm because I was convinced they were much safer now:perplexed . Bad choice... for me. My hair just can't take the chemicals and it thrives better without them. So, here I go again... I'm nature and here to stay! My hair grew much faster though in my 20s:perplexed .

curlilocs

I'll definitely be natural for life! It's so much more versatile for me. I still have the option to wear it straight if I want to, but it's so carefree and easy to manage in its natural state, not to mention how much healthier it is. My only regret is not doing it sooner! So good to be free!

FO' LIFE!!! I thought about it before though, only cause my beloved wraps never last more than a couple days...but what's the point, it'll still sweat out. Plus, I love my coils and waves...

Blackbird77

I voted natural for life. My hair suffers less damage (if I didn't stop relaxing I'd be bald by now - it just wasn't working for me) and I'm not required to come into somebody's salon for a touch-up every 6-8 weeks. My hair felt like straw all the time. If my hair wasn't so fine and could handle the chemicals like many of the beautiful heads on this board, I would have kept right on relaxing it.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
lsw29 said:
While I enjoy being natural and have no regrets about doing so I voted for I can never say never. I believe at the end of the day it is just hair and if I do decide to go back to relaxing my hair or even texturizing I will be fine. But for now I will continue on the natural journey since I worked so hard to get here.

This is where I am.

sunshyne_krissy

smuice said:
I voted may relax, however that is more likely to be a tex lax, simply because my hair knots up so much in its natural state and I have to trim so many inches off the ends due to this, I think texlaxing will help me achieve my waist length goal with more ease...But i still love my curls! But the shrinkage is too ridiculous!

God is the greatest..

See my henna hair pic:http://imageshack.us

I love Henna:lol:

St Goal: Healthy thick apl
Lt Goal: Healthy thick texlaxed waist length

www.myfotki/salheaven/

password in profile;)
I agree w smuice...
I voted definitely not but only because once I reach BSL I will TEXLAX. I dont ever want to go back to bone str8 though. One thing is for sure... I am extremely tenderheaded! I think a gentle texlax will aid in taking away the painful combing as well as the shrinkage. I cant wait to try it w/ phyto I.

Studio_gal

Definitely for life!
I have very fine hair always looked 'stringy' when relaxed. My natural hair is soft and textured and gives the illusion of thickness. Its also free!

PinkSkates

I voted yes. Just thinking about a relaxer makes my scalp burn:mad: In the 90's I went from bra strap length to chin length hair due to relaxers. Ugh! It took me years to get my hair back to bsl. I can honestly say that I will never put Drano ingredients on my hair ever again! I cringe when I think about how long my hair could be if I had not spent years frying it off my head!

guesswho

I will never go back to relaxers my hair can't do it everyone is different but for me I will never use relaxers again,:)

tsiporah

I will remain natural. If I want a straight style then I will press it. I have had nightmares that a headdressers put a relaxer in and/or cut layers in it. :eek:

Tsipy

Hidden_Angel

More then likely yes because if i want to show off my length ill flat iorn it and if not ill probably have a weave on 90% of time time anyways :lachen:

deontaer

After my last relaxer scare in January that left me with 2nd degree burns on my scalp and 3 missed days of work, I know I'm not relaxing again. My sister has been natural for years and my mother just cut her last pieces of relaxed hair off a couple of months ago - albeit neither one of them needed a relaxer since that have 3a hair. But I'm transitioning as we speak. My only concern is that my hair is about an inch or more past bra strap and I don't know if I should cut it all off now or just cut it bit by bit. I told my mother i wanted to chop all of my hair off and just go completely natural and not have to worry about several different textures of hair and she called me a damn fool - so I don't know how to proceed - but I'm definately not relaxing any more.

Hair Iam

Because my hair has several textures there is no health perm for me. For many years I believed the milder or, the more expensive the perm, or salon , perhaps someone would finally get my perms right . Then 1-3 weeks later the shedding , breaking , the balding would remind me I was wrong. Being natural is not an alternative for me , its the only way to have health hair, for me . Even with all that I know from this board, I would still have lifeless, fragile hair. Hair dressers use to try to get mild perms in my hair in less than 5-10 minuets, or used kiddie perms, hoping it would not damage my hair, no matter what my hair came out lifeless and flyaway. If there is such a thing I believe my hair is just allergic to perms:perplexed
I learned to stop fighting things and go with what my hair knows and wants. In the past(permed) I achieved just below shoulder length, dead life less hair .
I'm now have APL stretched, health hair and with a little heat I can have the best of both worlds.

So to answer the question...there is no other way for me.

nappity

Im'ma stay the way I came in Happy and Nappy. I have looked at the Texlaxers/ Texturizers hair with envy at times- but i know that if I do I cant dye my hair like I want to. Believe me past experience shows that for my hair relaxed and hair dye do not mix!

I've only been natural for a week and I love it so far..... but I don't know what the future holds for my hair. I would love to stay natural though and I really don't see myself relaxing anytime soon.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am a lover of natural hair, but my skill in caring for my natural hair is so lacking.:nono: I have a lot more to learn before I can answer yes to that question.

SparklingFlame

When I first saw this poll when it was first posted I voted I'd be natural for life. Now that my hair has gotten longer and thicker I dont know. I do know that I'll never go bone strait again but I may texlax in the future. I will appear to be nappy though. I wont be going that strait.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I am not natural yet .... buuuuutttt ... once I get there, I don't think I'll ever look back.

TRINITY05

yes, I hope to keep my natural hair. I am loving it. All those years of relaxing my hair, I never knew my hair could feel this good at its natural state. There is no way I am going back to relaxers.

discobiscuits

i'm a natural for life (i hope!). i have no intention on going back. i transitioned 05-07, relaxed (hated it) and now i'm transitioning again & i refuse to relax again. :grin: