• I can never say never (indecisive)

Votes: 156 26.9%
  • I will be getting a relaxer soon

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • Definetly no

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

cocosweet

I voted yes. Everytime I think I want to return to relaxing, I remind myself that I was never able to have long healthy and relaxed hair all at the same time.

nikkivale

Afrolinda said:
I voted yes because I can't see myself with thin, relaxed hair anymore.

My feelings exactly. I'm transitioning and can't wait to be fully natural again, this forum has given me a new appreciation of my 4b hair.

adw425

Sometimes I think about getting a relaxer again because now that I know how to properly care for my hair, I believe that I could care for relaxed hair successfully this time. I've always loved straight hair and sometimes visualize how pretty my hair would be with another relaxer because I've gained length, strength and shine. However, because I color my hair (albeit every four months), I know I will most likely never again put relaxer chemicals and color chemicals in my hair. Too, my hair is growing nicely and is at the point where I can achieve mostly straight hair by banding. I don't want to say never, but most likely I will not relax again.

CurliDiva

Each time I tried to "relax" my hair breaks and my scalp gets messed up!

I am NATRUAL for LIFE! My hair will only stays healthy and long in its natural state. :D

lsw29

While I enjoy being natural and have no regrets about doing so I voted for I can never say never. I believe at the end of the day it is just hair and if I do decide to go back to relaxing my hair or even texturizing I will be fine. But for now I will continue on the natural journey since I worked so hard to get here.

Maksi

Relaxers don't work for my fine hair. Plus, I just like the feel and health of natural hair.

Eiano

Well I'm the only one who voted getting a relaxer soon, because well... I'll be getting a relaxer soon.

I liked the amount of growth I got from being a natural but I *miss* combing my hair, letting it get wet in the shower and being able to easily comb it out... I miss roller setting, going to the salon and getting a wash and set for $15 instead of a press and curl, (which ends up takeing about 3 hours) for $50.

It's just not for me....

gradygirl

Well I have been fully relaxed, texlaxed, texurized, and natural(about 2 months only) before. My hair is thick but the strands are fine and it does not respond well to chemicals no matter how I use them. Also, I have a first cousin that went natural because her hair started thinning badly and one of my sisters is contemplating going natural because of thinning. Another sister of mine has beautiful hair but when you look at the top of it you can see her scalp. They are in their late 40's and early 50's and I notice mine is getting a little thinner as well. I think its part hereditary and part of the aging process so all things considered I'm in for life. My cousin since going natural now has a beautiful head of thick locs.

Last edited:

PaperClip

I voted yes.... and after spending an hour or so at the salon w/my best girlfriend while she got a touch-up and I was watching the hairdresser blow out and bump her hair (she did an excellent job), as I was watching her get her hair done, I was like, I really don't miss that grind....

I'm holding out on a flat iron until graduation in spring '08!

remnant

It will be better for my hair to stay natural so I vote Yes but I pray God that i will not make the mistake to relax again!

hopeful

I hope I will be natural for life but I cannot say that I will never get a relaxer again. I recently thought about it but then I remembered how much length I lost because I caved in and relaxed in 2005. A year later I bc'd again because my hair was a mess. If I hadn't relaxed in 2005 I would have so much hair now, for me that is a major regret. I love twists and they look so wimpy on my relaxed hair. I like the thickness and lushness of my natural hair. I do not like how long it takes on wash day but I know it will get easier with length. When someone says I put my hair in 4 braids or 2 braids I just think, I wish! My hair is too short for that, but it getting easier as it gets longer. My relaxed, actually texturized, hair needed more ongoing attention than my natural hair and it shed like crazy, my natural hair hardly sheds at all. I think patience really is key, so I am trying to hold on for the length, I am determined to wait for the length.

blazingthru

Natural for life, I love my natural texture, Of course there or some spots that upset me up in there but for the most part we get along great. I never have bad hair days. Well IMO anyway. I just put water on there add leave in condition and slap a band around it and go. I am so so glad that I found this site, I would never had considered it. I would never ever had known what a clean fresh unpainful scalp felt like again.

ina

I voted yes, I am a natural for life.

May 2006 was the 3rd time in 9 years I did the big chop. I've been back and forth with the relaxers but I truly enjoy my natural hair. Plus, I am excited at the idea to grow it long(brastrap unstretched is my goal):D !!

Peachtree

I absolutely *LUV'D* my relaxed hair...
I had length (kept it between bs & waist length)
I had volume & MAJOR swing
I had manageability
My relaxed world was WONDERFUL!!!!!

Despite all of that, I still WILL NEVER RETURN back to relaxers... why???
cuz I *LUV* my natural hair FAR GREATER!!!
... & besides I can still get EVERYTHING I had with my relaxed hair by simply ironing out my natural hair.

NATURAL HAIR FOREVER!!!!!

tyte curlz

i voted never say never, although i LOVE being natural with all the ladies here on the board sometimes i wish i could try a relaxer just to give a review and then it would all wash out the next day.:lol: the best thing about b33ing relaxer free is that u have the options of either wearing it natural or getting a flat iron or press. After this i still havnt made up my mind but for now i know that chemicals are NOT for me but then again with all the help u ladies provide i may be able to manage..... I am SO confused :confused: :confused:

Millahdoowop

Yes I'm natural for life. There's no way I can go back to relaxers and have healthy hair at the same time. It's not worth it to me. Besides when I reach my ultimate hair goal I want to be able to say that this is all me and I have NO chemicals on my hair.

kookysnkream

i stopped relaxing my hair in, I think 10th grade...I'm going to be 21 this year. I looooove being natural! I honestly think relaxing my hair was the worst thing I ever done in my life.

spiceykitten

Yes! And anytime I think of getting a chemical, I can look at a tiny bald patch that reminds of getting a relaxer.

Chemicals and me is a NO! NO!

Besides, my natural hair is beautiful!! I am in love with it.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Yes, natural for life :D

If I had only known how to care for my hair from the start...I would never have relaxed in the first place. Good for me, I only relaxed my hair twice in my life and then had a TWA for a little while.

I'm so glad my hair is free of chemicals (except for shampoo & conditioner)! :) It feels good inside and out.

Tenejita10473

YES...FOR LIFE!!! I went natural once before and relaxed my hair after a year. but now I know how to better take care of my own natural hair. Plus I can take my hot showers that I absolutley love, with out worrying about my hair getting frizzed :look: lol

And like someelse said before, if I want straight hair to swtich up my style, I always have a wig, weave, hotcomb or flat iron. You are right, we do have the best of both worlds...2 1/2 years+, Im never looking back

Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

I would love to go and stay natural but the humidity in VA just makes my hair tighten up when I step outside. I went natural for a year. I would pick out my hair any try to have a full looking fro then it would just draw up. I did like the ease of natural hair

I just put a relaxer in it right before I found out about LHCF. Now that I have learned a few new tricks to tend to my hair. I am goning to give the natural another try. but I am going to try to do it without cutting out the relaxer
I hate starting over.