Self-Relax or Salon: 2011 Edition

Are you self-relaxed or do you go to a salon?

• Self-Relaxed

Votes: 73 60.8%
  • Salon

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • My Mom does it for me

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My Friend/Other Family Member does it for me

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunnieb

Quick Poll for Relaxed Ladies!

Just curious as to how we are applying our relaxer. Poll will end on December 31st! :yep:

newnyer

Still don't trust myself....salon. lol

(Sorry can't access poll through my phone.)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

MsLi@512

I'm too scared of stylists, I do it myself. A salon will never put another relaxer on this head.

SuchaLady

My mom currently does it but I will be going to the salon for my next relaxer. My hair is getting too thick for her to manage in a reasonable time.

TeeSGee

I currently self-relax, but now that my hair is longer; I'm thinking of going back to my old stylist to relax.

outspokenwallflower

I'm now a self-relaxer. I used to be terrified of the idea, but it really does take practice and now I seethat I was just psyching myself out.

About a year ago, after a setback (not relaxer related) I decided to go to the salon to get my hair relaxed (even though I was successful at self relaxing by this time,i didn't feel like dealing with my hair). Huge mistake- I noticed how much they over processed my hair and how negligent they were. I also like my hair dealt with in a specific way because of ask my LHCF knowledge. That was officially the last time I got a salon relaxer.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

MsDee14

I self-relaxed the last 2 touch-ups, but I think I will go to a salon at the end of the year to fix my underprocessed areas. After doing that, I will continue to self-relax for 2012 crossing my fingers that I finally get it right.

Lynnerie

I self-relax now. Whenever I would go to the salon I noticed they don't rinse long enough for me.

Solitude

I'm currently self-relaxed, but I do think it is best for me to leave chemicals to a (good) professional stylist. I always over or under process my hair.

Duff

I've been self relaxed since I was 18. my mom taught me when it was time to leave for college.

MsLi@512

ITA!:yep:

Best decision I ever made.

When I think of all the years I spent stuck at chin length b/c I put all my trust in stylists # sighs . I thought I was genetically flawed all this time. As soon as I became a diyer, my hair flourished.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
sunnieb it would help if we knew who was relaxed straight and who is texlaxed. i think there may be a corelation:bone straights usual go to the salon and texlaxed usualy do it at home.

lustrous

Napp i'm not bone straight but i'm fairly straight. I'm a self-relaxer. I've never been to the salon before but as an earlier poster mentioned, it would be nice to have someone i wholeheartedly trust to do it for me once in a while.

sunnieb

Napp - That's a good way to look at it. I'll add that option for the next time! :yep:

By the way, I'm a bone-laxed self-relaxer! :grin:

Nat1984

Salon - I know my styling limitations hence I would never trust my self to self-relax, I just know it would go wrong!