4B Types- How many relaxed? natural?

4b types, what is your status?

• Total voters

Junebug D

Surprising, over 50% of natural heads amongst the 4Bs... Interesting :) Question OP, why didn't you include the 4As in your polls, I am wondering if the results would be similar :)

At the time it appeared from Mwedzi's polls that 4a/4b and 4b had the most difficulty retaining (the biggest percentage at SL); so I was wondering what the breakdown would be for those 2 types and if that made any difference.

And also just for personal reasons. These 2 types are closest to my own, and I am considering relaxing. :yep:

anon123

It looks as if 4b's that use relaxers prefer regular relaxing rather than texlaxing. I use to texlax and it made my hair more difficult to deal with.

Can I ask how it made your hair more difficult? You mean more difficult than relaxing straight, or more difficult than natural hair?

Interesting poll, it's roughly split down the middle, especially if you group relaxed and texlaxed together.

charmtreese

Can I ask how it made your hair more difficult? You mean more difficult than relaxing straight, or more difficult than natural hair?

Interesting poll, it's roughly split down the middle, especially if you group relaxed and texlaxed together.

When my hair was texlaxed it seemed to get tangled more and knot up more on the ends. My hair was also always matting up...Once I finally got it totally relaxed these things rarely accured. Since I have very fine hair detangling matted areas due to underprocessed weak hair caused major breakage.

DivaD04

4b renatural as of today
interesting poll numbers.

i couldn't take the relaxer. my hair is always shredding away while my new growth was thick and healthy. textlax'n doesn't do anything for me as well. no smoothe hair or beautiful curl patterns from out the blue. so i to am back at....sqaure one.

RubyWoo

When my hair was texlaxed it seemed to get tangled more and knot up more on the ends. My hair was also always matting up...Once I finally got it totally relaxed these things rarely accured. Since I have very fine hair detangling matted areas due to underprocessed weak hair caused major breakage.

I wanted say I had a similar experience. When I was relaxed and right before I BC'd, I had about 2 inches of texlaxed hair and the remaining ends were bone straight. The texlaxed sections were either matted or very tangled if I didn't detangle properly. It didn't bother me too much but it was not what I would expect.

After I bc'd, I no longer had such problems. I have about 4 inches of natural hair now and I haven't had problems w/matting or knotting and my hair is much easier to deal with. Then again, I style my hair much differently now than when I was relaxed/texlaxed so that may have been a factor.

Last edited:

beana

4a/b relaxed... i have fine, yet dense hair which makes texlaxing a no no. I plan on going natural within the next few years though

AnotherLevel

I'm 4b natural. I'm pretty sure it's 4b but my hair automatically "coils" all over. The coils are very small (just a bit thicker than the little ink tube inside an ink pen), but they are definitely coils. I am still not sure exactly what the difference is between 4a and 4b???

DivaD04

I'm 4b natural. I'm pretty sure it's 4b but my hair automatically "coils" all over. The coils are very small (just a bit thicker than the little ink tube inside an ink pen), but they are definitely coils. I am still not sure exactly what the difference is between 4a and 4b???

4a has a curl pattern and 4b doesn't.

4b, it zigs and zags from left to right, up and down, it hit's every corner and doesn't stop until it tangles with another strand of hair or 2.

vnaps

4b texlaxed and loving it......wish i had cut all my relaxed hair at the start instead of gradually doing it....it doesnt seem as if i have made much progress....BUT I HAVE!!!!:yep: