2014 Deep Condition Challenge

Pennefeather

Aphogee 2 step - first time. After balance moisturizer, spent ten minutes under dryer w fenugreek/rosemary oil mix, then layered Darcy pumpkin Conditioner (another first), w honey on top for additional twenty under dryer.

My hair didn't feel as soft as I was hoping, since there had been so many good reviews of the pumpkin conditioner. Maybe using the Aphogee didn't allow my hair to get as moisturized. I did use additional leave in and my shea mix afterwards.

IronButterfly

What's in your caramel mix?

Pennefeather

I used the following as a guideline, but I didn't follow the directions exact. The original directions said to simmer until the cornstarch thickened and to use a blender for mixing, but I didn't have the energy for all of that. I stirred everything by hand. And I used baby food bananas. And I think I subbed Argan oil for the WGO. hth

Honey – 6 tablespoons
Olive Oil – 6 tablespoons
Bananas – 2-3 overripe and very soft (or sub baby food)
Molasses (Treacle) – 3 tablespoons
Water – 4-6 tablespoons
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Cornstarch – 1-2 tablespoons depending on how thick you want the mixture to be
Wheat germ oil – 1 teaspoon – This can be substituted for any other natural
ceramide containing oil of your choice
-

randi415

I've had henna in my hair since last night. I'm going to rinse and DC w/ DB as soon as I get out this bed.

Lilmama1011

Going to be deep conditioning with silk elements moisturizing conditioner today in the pack mixed with sweet almond oil and honey

xu93texas

I DC on dry hair with Redken Extreme Strength builder and then shampoo, rinse, and followed up with SSI Banana Brûlée for 20 minutes.

Lilmama1011

Going to be deep conditioning with silk elements moisturizing conditioner today in the pack mixed with sweet almond oil and honey

change of plans will do my hair tomorrow, it's very rare im lazy with my hair though, i will be up all night doing it. i wanted to see if i could flat twist 1/4 of my hair in the front but that will take a least a hour to just do a few

theRaven

I did a henna treatment Saturday night and deep conditioned with the last of my Silk Dreams Dream Moisture the next morning for 20 minutes. Now my hair is in mini twists for the week. My hair feels pretty good.