2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

Evolving78

Thanks @shortdub78! Are you trying any growth aids to assist or just patiently allowing nature to take it's course? My hair grows faster when I do nothing to it, so I'm in crochet braids.
I am using castor oil in my crown area for some hair loss I experienced. My hair does well when I put it up in braids as well. If I save my product junkie money for a month, I might treat myself to it for Mother's Day. Since I'm transitioning that will give my hair a break for 6-8 weeks. Yeah that sounds like a plan! If I do that until September I will make my goal! That's $180 every two months...smh

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought some Hot 6 oil today. I might prepoo with it later. I have to wash my hair and do a protein dc at some point today.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just oiled my scalp with jbco and I'm doing a full head baggy. I'll wash it out tomorrow morning after I leave the gym.

faithVA

GGsKin

I bought a huge aloe leaf from the Mexican grocery store. I just massaged some aloe gel into my scalp.

I may put the rest of the aloe in the food processor and use it in my deep conditioner.

My mum used to have a massive aloe plant she brought back from Grenada as a young sap, years ago. In all the years we had it, I only used it (and cochineal- also returned from a Grenada trip) on my hair a handful of times. I really loved the results tho. If only I had those plants now (especially with the knowledge I've gained)....mmm mmm mmm... and they are so expensive to buy!

Evolving78

I will post an update the end of or beginning of the month. I have been having good progress in my crown area, but have found another spot in that area. It's the size of a dime or so... I need to go back to the doctor. I gotta wash more often, but it's hard, since I'm transitioning... I asked my SO to cut my hair off and he said no in so many words. I'm hanging in there. I will look into a scalp scrub.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
For the next round of this challenge I plan to switch my growth aid from monistat to something more natural. My options right now are castor oil, coconut oil or ayurvedic oils. Maybe I can make my own little mix... or buy it premixed from amazon. Off to do some browsing

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair today and did a dc with Humecto. I tried to pull a piece down for a lc, but my shrinkage was extra shrinky today. I think my hair has grown at least an inch since the start of the challenge. I will know for sure after my next blowout

bluenvy

Ugh I decided to get an extra week to post a pic. With postpartum shredding my hair looks the same length it was two months ago :nono:
Be back today or tomorrow with end/start pic, I'm getting ready for big fight night ya'll:boxing:

faithVA

I don't know if I got 2 inches but I know when this challenged started I couldn't do much with the back. Yesterday, I was able to put the back into 2 flat twist. It's still a little short and challenging but they look good enough to wear to work.

By the end of the next round I'm hoping for a full banana clip bun in the back :yep:

faithVA

If you are rejoining for round 2, please repost the 1st post so can keep up with who is in the 2nd round. I will create a new list of challengers for round 2.

Challengers
AbsyBlvd
blueenvy
faithVA
HairPleezeGrow
jennifer30
llan
PenneFeather
PlainJane
PrettyMetty
shortdub78
straightlovely