Hits & Misses April 2014

nmartin20

I'm feeling meh about the BASK Yam DC. I wish it had more slip. I'm not noticing any spectacular moisturizing qualities. I plan to use it exclusively for the next several washes, will use it up and see how I feel about it. Still prefer my beloved babassu dc from brown butter beauty. I won't repurchase that BASK DC.

If you have their coca bark conditioner mix the two. This has provided great results for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
nmartin20

I noticed a lot of folks mixing the Cacao Bark with YAM. Interesting.:scratchch

I don't have the Cacao Bark one though.:ohwell:

I didn't have a problem this 1st go round with YAM (under Steamer). Imma try it again next week.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Babygrowth

I have Affirm Fiberguard Mild Lye.

The only reason I switched from MBB is that when I went to the Beauty School to have them relax me, they were using Affirm Fiberguard Mild Lye.

So, I just stuck with that.

But when I was using MBB, I liked it.:yep:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hits
Inphenom hair mist and APB hair cremes. I used the mist prior to blowdrying and used just a few dabs of APB hair creme. 2 days later and hair doesn't feel like a dried out mess. I haven't moisturized since then either which is a win because my hair always feels dry.

Miss

I'm still on the fence with this one but BlueRozeBeauty Strawberry Hibiscus deep conditioner. I used it after a protein treatment, during application my hair felt great but once it was rinsed out my hair didn't have that same feeling. I did use some oil with it so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it's performance. I have pretty much used more than half of it already since my new growth is thick as all get out.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Beany

Miss: Ynobe pumpkin silk leave in.
I don't like the smell. It doesn't absorb well, it leave chunks of product in my hair, like it wasn't mixed properly at all. Definitely not repurchasing. I have about 1 oz left in this 4 oz bottle. May use the last little bit as a R/O or something.

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: Ynobe pumpkin silk leave in.
I don't like the smell. It doesn't absorb well, it leave chunks of product in my hair, like it wasn't mixed properly at all. Definitely not repurchasing. I have about 1 oz left in this 4 oz bottle. May use the last little bit as a R/O or something.

This was horrible for me. It didn't even smell like pumpkin. It smelled like drain cleaner. I threw it away before it could touch my head. She ended up giving me a refund.

Lissa0821

Hit:
Aphogee 2 step protein treatment.......What took me so long to get on this band wagon.

Olive Eco styler gel...............It is awesome for my twistouts and braidouts.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH @IronButterfly

I'm so glad I didn't get this one. I wanted it because of the Pumpkin.:perplexed

Not sure if I woulda' 'thought' to Request a Refund *good move*

A Hibiscus Leave-In and x2 16oz of the Amala Nettle DC'ers is all I have left of this Line.

ETA: Happy Nappy Honey Hair's Caramel Brule (or whatever it's called) wasn't whipped properly either and was full of 'chunks'

Joigirl

@NaturallyATLPCH @IronButterfly I'm so glad I didn't get this one. I wanted it because of the Pumpkin.:perplexed Not sure if I woulda' 'thought' to Request a Refund *good move* A Hibiscus Leave-In and x2 16oz of the Amala Nettle DC'ers is all I have left of this Line. ETA: Happy Nappy Honey Hair's Caramel Brule (or whatever it's called) wasn't whipped properly either and was full of 'chunks'
I've got both the Pumpkin and the Hibiscus from Ynobe and the NHN Caramel Brûlée in my stash. Sigh, I'm going to stick with very reputable brands from now on. I wasted a few hundred dollars on a bunch of craptastic products over the past year. Other than APB, none of them have been worth it. The Ynobe DC was not bad for my hair. I got the protein-less version. I didn't like the smell though, but it provided a good amount of moisture.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've got both the Pumpkin and the Hibiscus from Ynobe and the NHN Caramel Brûlée in my stash. Sigh, I'm going to stick with very reputable brands from now on. I wasted a few hundred dollars on a bunch of craptastic products over the past year. Other than APB, none of them have been worth it. The Ynobe DC was not bad for my hair. I got the protein-less version. I didn't like the smell though, but it provided a good amount of moisture.

Joigirl

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Continued Hit
Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Spray - it's always picking up the slack when other sprays let me down (I need to stop cheating on it and go ahead and commit) PLUS I just realized it's a good detangler *yay for dual purpose!*

veesweets

Hit:
Curly Kinks Twist Whip - Medium hold just like the description said. No crunch or limp hair but styles last all day. Didn't get any of the flaking I read about on some reviews even if I applied it to dry hair or reapplied throughout the week. Biggest negative is that even though its supposed to be a "moisturizing cream styler" I dont find it to be very moisturizing at all. I have to be sure to moisturize underneath or my hair gets too dry throughout the day.
I might have finally found my staple styler :yay:

Beamodel

Consistent HIT:
APB Leave in Sprays
APB creams (Ayurvedic & reg)
APB Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion
HH Carrot Cake Frosting
HV Sitrinillah

Revisited HIT:
Steaming in my DC's
Bask YAM

nymane

Mega Hit:

Creative Professional Handmade Seamless Combs (especially the rattail comb C55P)

These aren't as sturdy has the Hercules & Hairsense seamless combs BUT I've never experienced such friction-free gliding, detangling sessions.

I still love my Hercules and Hairsense combs but Creative Professional combs are far more gentle to my strands (especially on wet hair while roller setting).

ctosha

Hit: Curly Kinks Twist Whip - Medium hold just like the description said. No crunch or limp hair but styles last all day. Didn't get any of the flaking I read about on some reviews even if I applied it to dry hair or reapplied throughout the week. Biggest negative is that even though its supposed to be a "moisturizing cream styler" I dont find it to be very moisturizing at all. I have to be sure to moisturize underneath or my hair gets too dry throughout the day. I might have finally found my staple styler :yay:
veesweets I use their satin roots leave in underneath and a bit of jbco to help with the moisture issue but I get some nice twist out using this , sometimes ill use their coil gel as well, they are good stuff

nmartin20

Hit: Shescentit's Juicy Berry Buttercream, Banana Brûlée Conditioner, Okra Conditioner, Papaya Curly Soufflé. I used these items this weekend OMGoodness!! Great line!! My hair feels awesome!!

Continued hit: Hairveda's Cream Rinse-- my curls were popping everywhere. Repurchase

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Cream and Coco Moonflower Milkshake Aloe Conditioner, moisturized the hair closest to my scalp in these kinky twists. Scalp feels good.

TeeBee

HITS!!
//making my own deep conditioner
\\Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle as a leave in
//Camille Rose Moisture Milk
\\Mop Top Curly Custard
//Castor oil for sealing
\\just about everything about my wash day today
//having my hair dry in just EIGHT hrs. I was able to take my braids down just now!