Oils that contain ceramides

Curlykale

this week I've been sealing with a mixture of sunflower, wheat germ and chamomile oils (I bought a natural baby oil, so it's already pre-mixed). Very smoothing and softening and I found it to be... antistatic/antihumidity. I mean, it worked better than my beloved olive oil, better than grapeseed, avocado butter, or coconut.

I have also been oil rinsing with walnut oil this month and oh wow my hair feels like silk when I use it. I used to like brazil nut or hemp seed for this purpose but I may prefer walnut oil now. If you see it around and it's not too expensive, try it. It seems like ceramide oils add elasticity and smoothness, I find them different from non ceramide oils, so please try one if you haven't. I can tell my hair increases its elasticity when I use them. It also retains moisture for longer. I'm a believer.

Last edited:

bbdgirl

this week I've been sealing with a mixture of sunflower, wheat germ and chamomile oils (I bought a natural baby oil, so it's already pre-mixed). Very smoothing and softening and I found it to be... antistatic/antihumidity. I mean, it worked better than my beloved olive oil, better than grapeseed, avocado butter, or coconut.

I have also been oil rinsing with walnut oil this month and oh wow my hair feels like silk when I use it. I used to like brazil nut or hemp seed for this purpose but I may prefer walnut oil now. If you see it around and it's not too expensive, try it. It seems like ceramide oils add elasticity and smoothness, I find them different from non ceramide oils, so please try one if you haven't. I can tell my hair increases its elasticity when I use them. It also retains moisture for longer. I'm a believer.
iITA, I have been using hempseed oil for the past few months and my hair is softer, smoother, detangles better and is never brittle. It is worth trying. This is the best that my hair has ever felt

Lucia

So would you ladies using ceramides say that EVCO or EVOO can be replaced by WGO or HSO or should be used with them? Are they better than EVCO EVOO and which way is better use them with EVCO EVOO or alone IYO?

I found this on oils, wheat germ is towards the bottom

The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards - Carrier Oil Comparison

Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum vulgare)
light weight
rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D and most importantly E
nourishing to the skin
also contains phosphorus, zinc, iron, sulphur, potassium, carotene and vegetable lecithin
highly nutritive ingredient in skin care products
soothes and nourishes irritated skin and may be helpful with eczema
believed to promote skin elasticity, nourish skin cells, and prevent moisture loss resulting in smoother, younger looking skin. Mature skin, in particular, will benefit from wheat germ oil
anti-oxidants improve the scalp’s ability to utilize oxygen, leaving the scalp healthy, decreasing thinning
also softens hair
COM 5
shelf life 1 yr; should be refrigerated

Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis sativa)
soothes and heals dry skin
great choice for skin protection
rich in vitamins, such as the natural anti-oxidant vitamin E
light weight; easily penetrates the skin
believed to reduce skin discomfort by soothing and restoring dry or damaged skin and increasing the natural moisture retention capacity
imparts gloss and manageability to hair
brings relief from dry scalp or hair damage by blow-dryer heat, chemical perms, coloring or sunlight
aids in keratin formation (the principal protein of hair and nails)
helps increase volume, comb ability and shine; smoothes down the cuticle of the hair
shelf life 1 yr; should be refrigerated; vulnerable to spoilage

Olive oil contains
Chemical Characteristics | The Olive Oil Source

coconut oil
Coconut Oil, Herb Monograph - Flora Health Herb Encyclopedia

I didn't know wheat germ had all those good natural ingredients B vitamins are good for strengthening hair and promote faster hair growth
and sulfur too.

Last edited:

Curlykale

So would you ladies using ceramides say that EVCO or EVOO can be replaced by WGO or HSO or should be used with them? Are they better than EVCO EVOO and which way is better use them with EVCO EVOO or alone IYO?

I find that when I add olive oil to my leave in and then seal with ceramide rich oils I get much better results. So probably coupling a ceramide rich oil with a moisturizing and penetrating one may be better:
i.e: olive penetrates the strand and wheat germ takes care of the cuticle layer.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I find that when I add olive oil to my leave in and then seal with ceramide rich oils I get much better results. So probably coupling a ceramide rich oil with a moisturizing and penetrating one may be better:
i.e: olive penetrates the strand and wheat germ takes care of the cuticle layer.
I like this idea because I've been sticking with penetrating oils and neglecting my ceramides but using them together is a great way to get the best of both worlds. Cermadies definitely make a difference in my hair.

TeeWhyAre

Just got through reading how ceramides help damaged hair and thought you all may be interested in oils high in ceramides...They help make hair smooth and strong.

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%
from this thread @ longhaircommunity: Ceramides - The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards

manie

I am in ceramides overload right now. I went to Whole Foods last night and I got some wheat germ oil and sunflower oil. I made a 50/50 mixture with WGO and EVOO and top it off with a little of the sunflower oil. I think I will also use some of the sunflower oil in my DC. Thanks for the info ladies.

Lucia

I started with who 2 weeks ago I did a 50/50 mixture with the evoo I already have and my hair felt different right away. My hair length felt stronger so this is a keeper I've been alternating this mix with evco now I hardly loose any hair even shed hair is less. I love wgo.

Lucia

I saw a thread on LHC about ceramics There are percentages of linoleic acid that indicate the oils have % ceramides in them.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1237549

Another post explaining much better

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=12805357&postcount=192

ETA: LIST From LHF post

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

Also, here is a article about ceramides.....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ir.html?cat=69

Last edited: