For those whom love oils and butters

foxybrownsugar

HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING ONES ALONG WITH THE 5 OR 6 THAT MOST PEOPLE USE:

almond oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, black cumin seed oil, borage seed oil, castor oil, coconut oil, evening primrose seed oil, grapeseed oil, hazelnut oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, kukui nut oil, macadamia nut oil, meadowfoam seed oil, neem seed oil, olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, rosehip seed oil, safflower oil, seabuckthorn oil, sesame seed oil, shea nut oil, soybean nut oil, squalene oil, sunflower oil, tamanu oil, vitamin e oil, wheat germ oil.

HERBAL OILS: arnica flower herbal oil, black walnut herbal oil, calendula herbal oil, comfrey oil herbal oil, gentle herbal oil, plantain herbal oil, poke root herbal oil, rosemary herbal oil, st johns wort herbal oil

I like to mix oils in my conditioner but i know some of you like them on your ends. they can be found here-------->mountainroseherbs.com
They also sell butters cocoa butter, sal butter, mango butter, shea butter, kokum butter (sp?). Most of their oil/butters are certified organic but not all. The prices dont seem outrageous, either.

Cinnabuns

I love grapeseed oil, it's my all time staple. I have yet to try the meadowfoam oil, I've heard nothing but good things about this. I'm gonna check out thtat website.

Thanks for sharing foxybrownsuga.:)

ccd

I love it! Thanks for the info.....I use coconut right now...it feels good not heavy and weighed down....shiny and bouncy

foxybrownsugar

angellazette said:
What is grapeseed oil good for? I remember reading about meadowfoam on the board.
I DID A SEARCH, ITS RICH IN VITAMIN E (A NATURAL SUNSCREEN) AND FATTY ACIDS.GRAPESEED OIL IS KNOWN TO REJUVENATE AND REPLENISH DRY SKIN. IT ALSO WILL PENETRATE DEEPER AND NOURISH THE SKIN AND HAIR. IT IS ONE OF THE LIGHTEST OILS AND ADDS LUSTER TO THE HAIR AND SKIN.

rosie

Love, Love LOVE the Grapeseed oil. When I made my own butters, I mixed shea and cocoa butter with Grapeseed oil. LOVED IT!!!

Imagine when I foind it on the internet already premixed. Am truly loving it.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I will always love my beloved coconut oil and EVOO. And I also must agree that grapeseed oil is the BIZ-OMB!! :woot: I used it once for a hot oil treatment.

foxybrownsugar

rosie said:
Love, Love LOVE the Grapeseed oil. When I made my own butters, I mixed shea and cocoa butter with Grapeseed oil. LOVED IT!!!

that sounds yummy! im going to have to try your receipe girlie. I was looking hard at their shea and mango butters. Ill probably order mine this friday. Im going to order more than one oil.thanx

angellazette

I use wheatgerm oil too because of it's rich content of vitamin E, but it freaking stinks!!! Atleast the brand I have does...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
rosie said:

Rosie: Where did you find the grapeseed oil pre-mixed? Thanks for sharing. :) And God bless you.