Barley Malt Oil : The ceramide oil that never was...

lilikoi

...well, it actually is reported to contain tons of yummy ceramides but it can't be found ANYWHERE. At least, all my googling has lead me to some interesting research and a few patents but, I've come up empty handed. BTW, barley malt flour and barley extract are not substitutes for the oil.

Has anyone EVER seen this mythical oil for sale? :fairy: Is this the unicorn of the ceramide oils? Whoever has seen the end of the rainbow, would you please lead us to it?

P.S. I am keenly aware that I'm mixing my metaphors. Don't care!:lol:

Aireen

Thanks for the information yet again, lilikoi! :grin:

Now if only we could get our hands on that oil... :look:

lilikoi

You're welcome, Aireen!

I should add that I've actually seen the oil for sale --wholesale (we're talking many gallons) from China...

lettieg27

I think its interesting that you bring this up, my friend says that as a child her mother would pour beer on her hair to make it soft, and one of the main components of beer is barley.

Lita

I think its interesting that you bring this up, my friend says that as a child her mother would pour beer on her hair to make it soft, and one of the main components of beer is barley.

When I use to roller set-I would use beer as a rinse with lite conditioner..It gave great full body...(No beer smell)

Happy Hair Growing!

Aireen

Yes, now that you mention it, my grandmother used to use beer in her hair and my mum said that it gave her hair tons of movement and body. She could put her hands through her hair and it would ripple back into place, her fingers wouldn't get stuck in her hair in the process as well. I know lilikoi that you said you would need the actual oil but I figured I'd add my testimony.

We need to get this oil! :lick: :dance7:

lilikoi

Never heard of using beer on hair... interesting. I use it just for drinking and cooking. Sounds like something to experiment with...

Now, about that oil. See, not a peep, from anyone. I'm starting to obsess!
As Aireen said:

We need to get this oil! :lick: :dance7:

BlaqBella

My mom used beer on her hair in the past (kinda regularly too..she has almost always lightened/bleached her hair).