My Hair Is Drenched in Moisture!

Ediese

Thanks for posting this. I've tried so many different moisturizers, and none of them seem to work for my hair. I'll definitely be trying this.

Lady Esquire

subscribed. took notes. will go shopping for the prods sometime in near future. will post with results in a few weeks. thanks op. sounds promising.

cocopuff06

I can't wait to try this! This might be a dumb question, but does it actually dry clear or do you have some residue from it?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I whipped up a batch with 4oz of Avocado Butter, 4oz of Olive Butter, curl activator gel (used for the gycerine), rosewater, and aloe vera gel. It was gritty so I put the mix in my double boiler and let it simmer on low for 20 minutes. When it cooled the grittiness was gone.

As far as results go my hair isn't dry, but it is a little stiff. This blend is still better than my moisturizers alone because I have definition, and better than gels/stylers because my hair isn't dried out.

I'll try it with shea butter next time.

successful216

Thank you so much for posting this OP! My hair loves this stuff. It is better than any so called moisturizer I ever bought even in this harsh winter weather.

Last edited:

lwilliams1922

anyone still using this?
I just saw the thread. I have everything but rosewater.
should I try it without??

I just made a batch of MzTeaCake's The SUPER Moisturizer for Type 4b/4a Hair. She is really on to something! For instructions click --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDiYyMnwXc

Here what I used:

Raw Shea Butter
Rose Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Vera Gel
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (she used Coconut & Papaya Lotion)

And I threw in 3g of MSM for good measure!

Sorry ladies but the eyeball method was used so I can't tell you the exact amount of anything (other then the MSM).

I have never brought anything that moistured my hair like this! It is really drenched which is a very good thing b/c I use MT and really need a powerful moisturizer to combat all that protein.

Try it! You will not be sorry!

sonia1965

Thank you so much for posting this OP! My hair loves this stuff. It is better than any so called moisturizer I ever brought even in this harsh winter weather.

I use it too, it's a definate keeper for me, and my hair loves the stuff :yep:

lwilliams22 - I have rosewater in mine, but I'm not sure what difference it would make without it, as I believe rosewater has moistursing properties. I'd try it anyways!

Perhaps some of the ladies can chime in here for you?

lwilliams1922

Ok I made a mix of what I had on hand:

Raw Shea Butter -about 2 oz
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish -about 2 oz
aloe vera gel (food grade) -about 1 oz
Vegetable Glycerin -about a tsp
honey -about a tsp
castor oil - about a TBS

This just sat on top my my dry hair (natural 4a) and it was a greasy mess.

Not wanting to waste it I pulled it out again when co washed the other day.
I applied it to soaking wet detangled hair. I applied it in 5 sections, did 5 braids, wrapped and left over night.

My hair LOVES it!

I think I found out something important about my hair: --> moisturize and seal when it's wet works soooo much better.

I think i will just co wash and apply this every 3 days, doing a DC once a week. I might nix the honey and glycerine next time provided I can find the rose water.

here is a photo I just took

http://public.fotki.com/Lwilliams/trying-to-figure-ou/testing-the-waters-/dryimg6268.html

thanks OP

Last edited:

sonia1965

I'm glad it worked for you this way. I also find it works best on wet hair before I seal. If I do need to add to dry hair I warm it until it is a bit runny, and apply, it won't just sit on my hair then!

lwilliams1922

when you wash do you get all of this out?

I usually like to co wash but i can still feel my hair is coated. Is this a bad thing or good? My hair felt smooth with it but I didnt know if it would keep my DC from penetrating.

I used a clarifying poo but my hair felt stripped.
:(

myronnie

Wow this thread is weird because I just made a new hair lotion yesterday. But the thing is..you NEED an emulsifier(emulsifying wax for example) if you are going to mix water and oils(shea butter etc). That's why she's having to mix the coconut and papaya lotion with the mixture. Also you need a preservative, not just honey in the mixture when you are using water in your creme. These could include grapeseed extract or Vitamin E T-50.

loulou82

LWilliams discovered that too. My hair needs to be slightly damp for moisturizers and leave ins to work. So at night I have a water bottle and give it a few spritzes and then I can use my creamy or butter based moisturizers.

mj11051

I just made this, I'm gonna co wash tonite and put in wet and braid my hair. I'll post results tomorrow. Thanks

changedlife

I like this moisturizer. I am still learning how to make it better because last time I added oils and it became a little to oily, but otherwise it's good.

sonia1965

when you wash do you get all of this out?

I usually like to co wash but i can still feel my hair is coated. Is this a bad thing or good? My hair felt smooth with it but I didnt know if it would keep my DC from penetrating.

I used a clarifying poo but my hair felt stripped.
:(

Mine does wash out without a problem. I'm also natural and keep my hair in twists under a wig, and I co-wash or DC every other day, I've not encountered a 'coated' feeling after I wash. I will usually co-wash or Dc on dry hair and this still works well for me.

I should also say that I did not put honey in mine - never had any at the time i made my last batch! Not sure if that would make any difference??

HTH

Aggie

I am definitely going to give this a try. I don't have raw honey but I do have honeyquat. I need to purchase some rose water but I want to know if I can use a WEN conditioner because I don't have the Nubian Heritage lotion? Anyone???

Anna9764

I just made a batch of MzTeaCake's The SUPER Moisturizer for Type 4b/4a Hair. She is really on to something! For instructions click --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDiYyMnwXc

Here what I used:

Raw Shea Butter
Rose Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Vera Gel
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (she used Coconut & Papaya Lotion)

And I threw in 3g of MSM for good measure!

Sorry ladies but the eyeball method was used so I can't tell you the exact amount of anything (other then the MSM).

I have never brought anything that moistured my hair like this! It is really drenched which is a very good thing b/c I use MT and really need a powerful moisturizer to combat all that protein.

Try it! You will not be sorry!

This video is truely one of my favorites on Youtube :yep: It looks so rich and creamy :lick: like cake batter. I tried looking for the coconut mango lotion, no such luck and i've never seen Vegetable glycerin, only regular glycercin...That coconut mango sounds devine :yep:. Hair drenched in moisture....that's my kind of moisturizer. Thanks for sharing, I will keep an eye out for the ingredients. Thanks OP and also big UPS to Mz. TeaCake for creating such a yummy moisturizer !!!