My Hair Is Drenched in Moisture!

Amethyst85

This sounds good! Im still looking for a super moisturising leave-in and I have everything apart from the rose water but thats easy to get hold of.

adw425

Okay...This is what I used: raw shea butter that was already softened with camellia and sweet almond oil, St. Ives aloe and chamomile lotion, food grade aloe vera gel, Trader Joes aloe vera gel (the skincare kind that has preservatives in it), Right On curl activator (glycerin is the first ingredient -- or second); Nubian Heritage coconut and papaya hair butter, liquid MSM, soy lecithin and rosewater, honeyquat, SAA and wheat protein. I just eyeballed everything.

I whipped in an Qhemet biologics jar which is six ounces I think. I used the most of the shea butter, rosewater was the next ingredient I added the most of as I wanted it light and Right on came after that. Everything else was a drip, drop, squirt or splash. It looks like pudding and it felt tacky on my fingers so I was convinced it would not work. I co-washed with Giovanni Triple Treat conditoner and that clarifies very well. I sprayed on my spray leave-in and let that stay in for about 15 minutes and then rinsed that out.

I applied this concoction and this morning, my curls are defined and elongated (I do not care about that because I bun, but my hair was so pretty. It imitated a 3a-b head of hair perfectly). I have been having alot of trouble retaining moisture the last three weeks, and as moisturized as my hair feels this morning, I do not think that will dry out today at all. There are no tangles, no tackiness and no oiliness or greasiness AT ALL! My hair does not feel coated or heavy. It is very light and fluffy, but not poufy.

However, the best thing is how soft my hair is. My hair has never been this soft before -- never, ever, ever. Don't get me wrong, I have tried many products and techniques that have given my hair amazing softness, but this is the softest it has ever been. I was getting ready to spend $40 on some Curls souffle and Curls pudding yesterday morning and I saw this thread and said let me try this first since I have all the ingredients. It worked like a charm.

This stuff is a keeper for me and the thing is is that my hair really does not care for glycerin. Also, because I wanted it light, I used alot of rosewater and I am crediting the rosewater for the incredible softness I have now.

MonaRae

Oh I am so glad this worked for you. And the best part about it is it last for days. Last night when I was doing my hair I did not need to re-apply b/c my hair was still very moist so I just applied MT. I'm thinking of appling the moisturizer every 2 - 3 days b/c the effects last.

This moisturizer is a PJ's dream. :giggle:

adw425

Thank you Monarae for posting this yesterday. My hair is very moist, soft, shiny and NOT oily or greasy. It is silky too. I have taken it out of my bun twice already to just to feel on it. You saved me some money and I certainly did not need another product or two when I have a cabinet full, but my current products just were not working anymore, so...

AtlantaJJ

Subscribing...I need to step up my topical growth aid use again...I fell off the wagon.

Last edited:

ajacks

I definitely want to try it, but I'm soooooo lazy when it comes to mixing my own products.

adw425

Ladies this really works...This is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I have a gallon of liquid leave-in and several bottles of creamy leave-in that I have to find another way to use up or give away because I don't need it anymore. For the last five days all I do is CO wash and spray in my liquid leave-in and let it stay in awhile and then rinse (as I have to use the stuff up somehow). I spray my hair with rosewater and distilled water that I have in a spray bottle and use this as a moisturizer and sealer. I call this my miracle moisturizer. Overnight my hair absorbs all the moisturizer and is super soft the next day and stays moisturized all day. My hair used to progressively dry out as the day wears on and no more. My hair is not the least bit greasy, oily, tacky the next day. It seems to loosen the texture AND give great curl definition. It is also a great detangler. I can't say enough about this stuff.

Hairsofab

:perplexedThis may seem like a dumb question. But wouldn't that concoction weigh down your hair or make it sticky? Idk.

shelli4018

I have everything except rose water. I'll definitely put this on before bunning this week and see how it goes. Looks promising.

adw425

I used alot of rosewater in my concoction and added liquid soy lecithin as an emulsifier. My hair is very susceptible to being weighed down and tackiness/stickiness (and my hair really does not care for glycerin) but this stuff does neither. I am just going to repeat what I have already posted:

1. absorbs completely overnight
2. no stickiness or tackiness at all
3. hair stays moisturized all day long; does not dry out over the course of the day
4. hair is light and fluffy with nice body, but not poufiness
5. softest hair I have ever had
6. hair is really 3c-4a, but this stuff makes it look like it is 3a-b
7. loosens texture at the root, but also gives great curl definition at the ends
8. not the least bit oily or greasy the next day, which has sometimes been a problem for me with other moisturizers and sealers
9. Friday I wore my hair out in a curly ponytail for the first time ever (without flat-ironing) and my hair did not dry out from being out. As stated, my hair usually dries out over the course of the day in my bun and dries out even quicker when not braided, twisted or in a bun. It did not dry out at all Friday in it curly ponytail. The only problem was that I kept feeling on my hair at at how moisturized, pretty-curly and soft it was, which is a big no no.

MonaRae

Thank you Monarae for posting this yesterday. My hair is very moist, soft, shiny and NOT oily or greasy. It is silky too. I have taken it out of my bun twice already to just to feel on it. You saved me some money and I certainly did not need another product or two when I have a cabinet full, but my current products just were not working anymore, so...

How sweet of you! You are very welcome!

MonaRae

adw465 you are dead on about the hair feeling like a different texture. My hair never felt so moisturized. I’m a 4b and I tell you it feel like 3A! My hair is smooth and feel hydrated to the very tip.

If you have been on this site for a little while and got hit with PJism then this formula is just what you have been looking for. Singled out they don’t work; collectively they are the bomb!

CurlyMoo

I just made a batch of MzTeaCake's The SUPER Moisturizer for Type 4b/4a Hair. She is really on to something! For instructions click --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDiYyMnwXc

Here what I used:

Raw Shea Butter
Rose Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Vera Gel
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (she used Coconut & Papaya Lotion)

And I threw in 3g of MSM for good measure!

Sorry ladies but the eyeball method was used so I can't tell you the exact amount of anything (other then the MSM).

I have never brought anything that moistured my hair like this! It is really drenched which is a very good thing b/c I use MT and really need a powerful moisturizer to combat all that protein.

Try it! You will not be sorry!

What does MSM do?

MonaRae

I didn't use honey only because I didn't have any in the house.
MSM is sulfer and aids in growth.

VinDieselsWifey

this stuff sounds really good. i have a question about the rosewater.

i have rose petal powder. can i infuse that in some water and make rosewater?

adw425

adw465 you are dead on about the hair feeling like a different texture. My hair never felt so moisturized. I’m a 4b and I tell you it feel like 3A! My hair is smooth and feel hydrated to the very tip.

If you have been on this site for a little while and got hit with PJism then this formula is just what you have been looking for. Singled out they don’t work; collectively they are the bomb!

Completely agree...This combination is very synergistic...

Did anyone use honey in their mixture?

I squirted in some honeyquat. Also, I know that MSM softens and some say that it loosens the texture.

*Frisky*

I mixed me up a batch of this last night and applied it and it works really well. I havent lost any hair since I put it on. My hair is up in a clip with some hair hanging out and I just came from outside and the wind was blowing and it is cold and my hair still feels soft and moisturized. It holds curls pretty well too. Thanks for posting MonaRae.

Last edited:

Naturelle

This is sounds good!

Since trying to claim horse hair status (Mega-Tek it's just you and me baby) I'm trying to up my dc's and moisture. I'm gonna try next dc night...tomorrow maybe?