Light moisture for fine hair

FluffyRed

Thanks to you ladies, I have a regimen that leaves my hair in incredible, heavenly condition. I am also stretching my relaxer (one week to start).

I used glycerin-based moisturizers when I was napptural, but they never worked on my relaxed hair, probably due to the lack of protein/moisture balancing, it made my hair hard. But I had this product left over from napptural days...

Soft and beautiful Botanicals Lite creme moisturizer. Water is the first ingredient. Glycerin is second. So any water/glycerin combo should probably do it.

My hair became flyaway on the ends today, while the roots are still in great condition. I just washed and DCed yesterday. I don't want to have to cowash, airdry and flatiron again just to get moisture to my ends. This moisturizer has given my cut its shape and control back.

Loving it!! HTH someone

Anyone else got a recommendation?

Last edited:

Honey01

Hmm, I might have to check that out. I also have fine hair and am very particular about oil/moisturizers I use on my hair. I am also on the search for the perfect cream or lotion mositurizer for hairdressing.

I have tried Vitapointe, Carols Daughter Hair Milk and everything in between. They all weigh my hair down.

gn1g

Hmm, I might have to check that out. I also have fine hair and am very particular about oil/moisturizers I use on my hair. I am also on the search for the perfect cream or lotion mositurizer for hairdressing.

I have tried Vitapointe, Carols Daughter Hair Milk and everything in between. They all weigh my hair down.

ditto, and even GDLI the only thing I like is the NTM leave-in.

AlkalineSteam

could it be the technique i use? i have fine hair and i'm looking for the perfect every other day moisturizer. right now, i'm stuck on mango butter because i like the smell, but i figure there's probably something better out there. i put the mango butter on the finger tips of both hands and lightly pick it through my hair concentrating on my ends. how do you use your moisturizer?

Healthybodynhair

I also have extremely fine/thin hair. I am battling shedding and breakage. Could heavy moisturizers cause shedding and breakage? I've tried protein treatments but that does not stop my breakage. It doesn't feel hard and brittle. My hair actually feels soft but I'm wondering if heavy moisturizers would cause that. I recently purchased Elucence...so I'm gonna give it a try. However, maybe I should give Giovanni Direct a try as a daily moisturizer.

Kari107

could it be the technique i use? i have fine hair and i'm looking for the perfect every other day moisturizer. right now, i'm stuck on mango butter because i like the smell, but i figure there's probably something better out there. i put the mango butter on the finger tips of both hands and lightly pick it through my hair concentrating on my ends. how do you use your moisturizer?

I use a similar technique. I also use mango butter but only when my hair feels really dry because it's a heavy moisturizer. I take a small amount and rub it in my palms and apply it to my ends first. Once my ends are coated I take a tiny amount and rub it in my palms again and rake it through the lenght of my hair.

caramelma

Hollywood Beauty olive oil shine moisturizer is another great moisturizer its not heavy and provides great shine to the hair

lunabelle

I just started using Silken Child. It doesn't weigh my hair down, but it doesn't provide much shine either. I'm thinking I should mix it with something. The smell is divine(marketed for kids). I was a Phyto 7 and 9 fanatic for years but paying $26 for such a small amount got old. Besides I didn't see anything spectacular it was doing for my hair.

*Muffin*

I'm going to start using shea butter as a leave-in conditioner. The reason why I'm doing so is because my hair is on the thicker side and most leave-in's don't cut it for me. But I feel that shea butter will work well for fine hair too because a little goes a long way and I heard that it absorbs easily and doesn't weigh down your hair.

FluffyRed

Lately, I'm liking my spray bottle mix for moisturizing. It's moisture and protein balanced.

Maybe simple is best. Time to use up/get rid of extra products and just stick with what works!

gn1g

I also have extremely fine/thin hair. I am battling shedding and breakage. Could heavy moisturizers cause shedding and breakage? I've tried protein treatments but that does not stop my breakage. It doesn't feel hard and brittle. My hair actually feels soft but I'm wondering if heavy moisturizers would cause that. I recently purchased Elucence...so I'm gonna give it a try. However, maybe I should give Giovanni Direct a try as a daily moisturizer.

Yes, absolutely!