Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

JudithO

Washed on Friday in my twists with the left coast lemon, applied a hair oil to my wet hair and retwisted my entire head. Sorry guys that I've been MIA, wedding planning... lol... I'll be lurking around....

JeterCrazed

OK this made the literally LOL

spent the last hour going through this thread and between the posted results and Naptural85's hair I feel I MUST try this product !!!!

so question is on average will one 8oz bottle last through the detox week? my hair is abt Collarbone dense 4b

I want to atleast order enough product for the detox and a couple months.

secondly, since I live in Jamaica and to reduce international shipping costs, I normally ship my hair products to my sister in Fl. Her husband is coming to Jamaica next month so I wont get my product till late October.

In the mean while Im gonna start detoxing my hair by making the bootleg version
1/3 cup bentonite clay
peppermint oil
rosemary oil
2 tsp sweet almond oil
2 tsp walnut oil
1 cup aloe vera juice
I think i will infuse the oils with nettle, chamomile and shavegrass (I have nettle and chamomile, I'll have to look for the shave grass) and I'll also have to look for the linden flower:yep:

I'm glad that gave u a giggle. :lol:
I'm considering using the mud pure. I see people substituting mud for clay, but mud and clay are not necessarily the same. Mud is dirt and water. Dirt is a mixture of clay, silt and sand. Clay doesn't have the macronutrients of sand nor the micronutrients of silt.

Has anyone who's used both felt identical results?

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

SimJam

faithVA hair4today thanks for your input.

I have a cart with a 16oz left coast lemon and 8oz cool mint and wanted to know if this will do for the detox and abt 2 months of washing. from your answers Im thinking this should be sufficient.

If this product knocks my socks off and curls my toes then Im gonna haul like nobodys business

faithVA

Washed on Friday in my twists with the left coast lemon, applied a hair oil to my wet hair and retwisted my entire head. Sorry guys that I've been MIA, wedding planning... lol... I'll be lurking around....

We understand. The wedding is more important than a hair thread. :look: Just playin :lol: Take care of your business girl.

faithVA

@faithVA @hair4today thanks for your input.

I have a cart with a 16oz left coast lemon and 8oz cool mint and wanted to know if this will do for the detox and abt 2 months of washing. from your answers Im thinking this should be sufficient.

If this product knocks my socks off and curls my toes then Im gonna haul like nobodys business

That will hold you and will give you some extra just in case you get carried away :lol:

So of us were soooo heavy handed we ran out of the 16 oz bottle before we finished the detox. So listen to us when we say dilute and don't be heavy handed. After you finish the detox you will really understand how much you need to apply for your hair.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
Just finished day 2 of the detox. I diluted the mud this time and it was much easier to work with. I put it in an applicator bottle and it was smooth sailing from there.

My hair felt amaaaazing rinsing this out in the shower after the third wash. Detangling was a breeze. I can feel the softness returning.

I ordered another two bottles of it because I used way too much yesterday and might not have enough left by Saturday. They should arrive before then.

pookaloo83

I wanna get this, but don't wanna get addicted to it. :lol: I use Giovanni for my shampoo and it's readily available to me when I need it! This? Not so much. But I wanna try it! Damn! Why did I open up this thread! :lol:

faithVA

[USER=23876 said:
pookaloo83[/USER];14310249]I wanna get this, but don't wanna get addicted to it. :lol: I use Giovanni for my shampoo and it's readily available to me when I need it! This? Not so much. But I wanna try it! Damn! Why did I open up this thread! :lol:

Perhaps you should delete this post and pretend like you never came in here. :yep: And we will pretend like we never saw you.

yodie

Thanks for the feedback ladies. Guess I better get back to the store and pick up some lavender. I'm gonna see if they'll order lemon for me.

IslandDiva08

I noticed scalp residue today, even though I apply the mud wash to my scalp without diluting it and I scrub my scalp with my fingers. I'll have to use ACV or something else for my scalp. I've never had a problem getting my scalp clean before using the mud wash.

Which mud-wash are you using? I had the same issue:nono: :nono:with the lavender and had to switch to the sultry spice haven’t had those scalp issues since:yep::yep:....... Try using the ACV rinse first and let it sit on your hair for about 30 mins or so.

The only thing I have notice lately is that I cannot use bobby pins anymore, it seems like whenever those pins touch my scalp it itches like crazy......anyone else notice this:perplexed:perplexed?

I have been using the mud-wash on and off since February 2011.

song_of_serenity

Used it and loved it! After first wash my hair felt like BUTTER, my fingers slid right through as I rinsed!! Got the itchies and went and rinsed more thoroughly and it feels good! :)

Then I decided I could so rock it out but apparently, it's still a bit humid in N.Y because as it airdried...lawd...:/ And this was when it was still very wet (I didn't want to mess it up any more than I did by wringing and toweling off the water)

Keeper! My hair didn't feel the need to do this intense detox so I'll see how it goes and if I'm willing tomorrow.

AMAKA127

faithVA What is the detox? I keep seeing it being posted, but not the actual post where it's being talked about. Is the detoxing one the lemon one? I'm gonna buy this on Wednesday. And why are you guys diluting it? To save product? Or is it too harsh? I have color treated hair. can I use it?

I dilute to save product

JeterCrazed

Y'all got me covered in mud. Lawd...

The pure mud feels like a niacin flush. You've been warned.

Eta: Great. Now my wack patch is softer than the rest of my hair :look:
It's a miracle! :yay: Next time I will only put it on my roots. Didn't do much for my relaxed length, but I may stretch a lil longer if it can soften natural hair like dat!

CocoGlow

I'm glad that gave u a giggle. :lol:
I'm considering using the mud pure. I see people substituting mud for clay, but mud and clay are not necessarily the same. Mud is dirt and water. Dirt is a mixture of clay, silt and sand. Clay doesn't have the macronutrients of sand nor the micronutrients of silt.

Has anyone who's used both felt identical results?

@JeterCrazed

Actually the Terressentials Mud Wash IS clay not mud from dirt....they just call it mud

The ingredients are simply: Aloe Vera Juice, Bentonite Clay, Herbal Extracts (all versions contain Linden Flower, Nettle, Chamomile, Shavegrass) & Essentials Oils (these vary depending on the scent -Fragrance-Free has no Essential Oils)

They seemed to have come up with a nice recipe and a great way to blend to prevent the lumps you may get in a homemade version but I do think that one could possibly replicate it at home after several experiments since the ingredients are so simple :yep:

Curlykale

hmmm interesting.... could it be that the secret to the concoction is the aloe juice? has anyone tried to mix aloe juice and clay?

faithVA

[USER=52529 said:
Curlykale[/USER];14317567]hmmm interesting.... could it be that the secret to the concoction is the aloe juice? has anyone tried to mix aloe juice and clay?

You can check in some earlier posts. And there are other threads that talk about clay recipes.

Curlykale

faithVA I am reading and thinking "what a great thread". I am learning a lot about what mistakes I have done in the past with clay. Thanks so much.

faithVA

@faithVA I am reading and thinking "what a great thread". I am learning a lot about what mistakes I have done in the past with clay. Thanks so much.

Well I can't take credit for much. AMAKA127 actually started the thread. So definite thank you to her. I just enjoy the product enough that I just hang out in here. :yep:

But glad you learned a lot. Please share what you learn so others coming behind us can pick up some great tips too.

LadyMacgyver

hmmm interesting.... could it be that the secret to the concoction is the aloe juice? has anyone tried to mix aloe juice and clay?

I mixed some Aloe Vera Juice and Rhaussoul Clay Sunday because I used the mud wash Saturday but the product I used was too style my hair was too greasy so instead of using my mud again I used the Rhaussoul Clay.. I washed with Shea Moisture and then used the Rhaussoul Clay mix.. My curls still popped everything turned out great after that I wasn't so heavy handed on the products..

Curlykale

Ops, thanks @AMAKA127 -definitely-
@LadyMacgyver sounds good to me, aloe seems to be important! The 3 times I have used clay, I have used either with water or coconut milk. And all 3 times I got so excited that I started doing protein treatments afterwards. Well, I had 3 setbacks. The ph was too high with the water, the coconut milk is maybe too much for my protein sensitive hair if used pure right while I am detoxing, and if detoxed hair seems to absorb more stuff like you all are experiencing, then a hard core never tried before egg avocado protein treatment on protein sensitive hair right afterwards is not the wisest thing I guess.
I also didn't dilute it properly, and I didn't use oils or butters with it or afterwards. Usually my hair looked amazing for some hours and then it got crazy. I was kinda scared by how electric my hair was after just one wash, but I had no idea that static was a phase of detoxing. And lifting my cuticles with that high ph wasn't a nice look either. Hope my mistakes prevent someone else's setbacks lol!

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

@JeterCrazed

Actually the Terressentials Mud Wash IS clay not mud from dirt....they just call it mud

The ingredients are simply: Aloe Vera Juice, Bentonite Clay, Herbal Extracts (all versions contain Linden Flower, Nettle, Chamomile, Shavegrass) & Essentials Oils (these vary depending on the scent -Fragrance-Free has no Essential Oils)

They seemed to have come up with a nice recipe and a great way to blend to prevent the lumps you may get in a homemade version but I do think that one could possibly replicate it at home after several experiments since the ingredients are so simple :yep:

Ohhhh..... Gotchya :yup:
In that case, I'm indulging in a different beauty regimen. I'm using actual black mud harvested from the Dead Sea in the West Bank.

I highly recommend it for natural heads and new growth. Made my natural hair so supple. It's packed with so many minerals, you can feel the warming sensation from the salts.

I will try the Terressentials recipe another time. I have half the ingredients home! Thanks so much!

hair4today

So you all know by now that I'm a real big fan of the Terresentials wash. I have been using for 2 months and my hair just :love: it. My normal routine is to do a light protein DC ( Komaza, KBB, SSI etc), steam for 30 mins time permitting, rinse, mud wash, rinse, apply leave-in and seal...easy peasy done in under 1 hour. Results are always soft, moisturized hair. Works like a charm everytime. Last night I was gonna do my normal routine, then my sister called and so we get to talking and 3 hrs later it was too late to wash my hair so thought let's throw a little AOGPB on dry hair and baggy with it overnight, then get up early and mud. Now I've never been a big fan of AO conditioners especially HSR, they do nothing for me but they're known to work well on dry hair so I thought this should work. So next morning, I rinse out the GPB and my hair feels coated and strange so I think no problem, the mud will get it out, its never failed me yet. Well no - epic fail. For the first time since using the mud wash, I didn't get soft moist hair, instead my hair feels coated and grimy and my curls didn't pop like they normally do. So what to do. Well I had to get to work so I threw on the leave in (hair felt better but not still not like how it normally feels), twisted it up, pinned the twists and stuck a flower on the side which looked kinda good. So now I'm at work thinking what to do when I get home. I know first on the list is to toss all AO conditioners in my stash (lol) cause obviously they don't work for me and GPB does not mix well with the mud wash. Not sure if I should try to do another mud wash or clarify with a shampoo. What to do..what to do? My fellow mudders I appreciate your thoughts on all this. TIA.

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

So you all know by now that I'm a real big fan of the Terresentials wash. I have been using for 2 months and my hair just :love: it. My normal routine is to do a light protein DC ( Komaza, KBB, SSI etc), steam for 30 mins time permitting, rinse, mud wash, rinse, apply leave-in and seal...easy peasy done in under 1 hour. Results are always soft, moisturized hair. Works like a charm everytime. Last night I ess gonna do my normal routine, then my sister called and so we get to talking and 3 hrs later it was too late to wash my hair so thought let's throw a little AOGPB on dry hair and baggy with it overnight, then get up early and mud. Now I've never been a big fan of AO conditioners especially HSR, they do nothing for me but they're known to work well on dry hair so I thought this should work. So next morning, I rinse out the GPB and my hair feels coated and strange so I think no problem, the mud will get it out, its never failed me yet. Well no - epic fail. For the first time since using the mud wash, I didn't get soft moist hair, instead my hair feels coated and grimy and my curls didn't pop like they normally do. So what to do. Well I had to get to work so I threw on the leave in (hair felt better but not still not likehow it normally feels), twisted it up, pinned the twists and stuck a flower on the side which looked kinda good. So now I'm at work thinking what to do when I get home. I know first on the list is to toss all AO conditioners in my stash (lol) cause obviously they don't work for me and GPB does not mix well with the mud wash. Not sure if I should try to do another mud wash or clarify with a shampoo. What to do..what to do? My fellow mudders I appreciate your thoughts on all this.

Try an acv rinse when you get home. Dilute well

faithVA

[USER=149416 said:
hair4today[/USER];14318737]So you all know by now that I'm a real big fan of the Terresentials wash. I have been using for 2 months and my hair just :love: it. My normal routine is to do a light protein DC ( Komaza, KBB, SSI etc), steam for 30 mins time permitting, rinse, mud wash, rinse, apply leave-in and seal...easy peasy done in under 1 hour. Results are always soft, moisturized hair. Works like a charm everytime. Last night I was gonna do my normal routine, then my sister called and so we get to talking and 3 hrs later it was too late to wash my hair so thought let's throw a little AOGPB on dry hair and baggy with it overnight, then get up early and mud. Now I've never not a big fan of AO conditioners especially HSR, they do nothing for me but they're known to work well on dry hair so I thought this should work. So next morning, I rinse out the GPB and my hair feels coated and strange so I think no problem, the mud will get it out, its never failed me yet. Well no - epic fail. For the first time since using the mud wash, I didn't get soft moist hair, instead my hair feels coated and grimy and my curls didn't pop like they normally do. So what to do. Well I had to get to work so I threw on the leave in (hair felt better but not still not likehow it normally feels), twisted it up, pinned the twists and stuck a flower on the side which looked kinda good. So now I'm at work thinking what to do when I get home. I know first on the list is to toss all AO conditioners in my stash (lol) cause obviously they don't work for me and GPB does not mix well with the mud wash. Not sure if I should try to do another mud wash or clarify with a shampoo. What to do..what to do? My fellow mudders I appreciate your thoughts on all this.

I'm not sure if most people have ever noticed but you can't put AOHSR in a container and let it sit for 30 minutes and just rinse it out of the container. Nope won't happen. I have to put some soap, shampoo or something and then scrub that stuff off. Not hating on AO but um what is in it that I have to scrub :lol:

I don't think for most people using clarifying shampoos after using mud for a while works well.

Rinse your hair and scalp thoroughly to remove the product as much as you can. Then use a diluted ACV rinse and scrub your scalp and rinse your hair. Don't let it sit long. I know some people do but I wouldn't. You just want to use it to clean. Then used a diluted mix of mud wash and scrub your scalp and cleanse your hair.

If you really feel you need to use the clarifying shampoo then dilute it thoroughly and add AVG and some oil to balance it out. Otherwise it could strip your hair more than you want. And it takes a while to rebalance it.

I plan on using up the rest of my AOHSR. Someone put in another thread that you have to use it directly as the directions state, not for extended periods or with any heat. So I'm going to try that. If that doesn't work I am going to try diluting it heavily with water and AVG to see if I can at least finish the bottle. Won't be buying AOHSR again though. Too heavy.

hair4romheaven

So you all know by now that I'm a real big fan of the Terresentials wash. I have been using for 2 months and my hair just :love: it. My normal routine is to do a light protein DC ( Komaza, KBB, SSI etc), steam for 30 mins time permitting, rinse, mud wash, rinse, apply leave-in and seal...easy peasy done in under 1 hour. Results are always soft, moisturized hair. Works like a charm everytime. Last night I was gonna do my normal routine, then my sister called and so we get to talking and 3 hrs later it was too late to wash my hair so thought let's throw a little AOGPB on dry hair and baggy with it overnight, then get up early and mud. Now I've never been a big fan of AO conditioners especially HSR, they do nothing for me but they're known to work well on dry hair so I thought this should work. So next morning, I rinse out the GPB and my hair feels coated and strange so I think no problem, the mud will get it out, its never failed me yet. Well no - epic fail. For the first time since using the mud wash, I didn't get soft moist hair, instead my hair feels coated and grimy and my curls didn't pop like they normally do. So what to do. Well I had to get to work so I threw on the leave in (hair felt better but not still not like how it normally feels), twisted it up, pinned the twists and stuck a flower on the side which looked kinda good. So now I'm at work thinking what to do when I get home. I know first on the list is to toss all AO conditioners in my stash (lol) cause obviously they don't work for me and GPB does not mix well with the mud wash. Not sure if I should try to do another mud wash or clarify with a shampoo. What to do..what to do? My fellow mudders I appreciate your thoughts on all this. TIA.

hair4today I just did my mud wash and am now steaming with AOGPB first time doing it this way. I'll let you know how it turns out. While sitting here I was wondering what will happen if I did AOGPB first. Glad I read your post. Before you throw them out try it on wet hair.

hair4today

Je Ne Sais Quoi, faithVA, hair4romheaven - Ladies thanks for your advice. I'm going to try the diluted ACV route first to see if this work in getting rid of the residue . Hopefully my hair goes back to normal pronto.

faithVA, LOL at "I'm not sure if most people have ever noticed but you can't put AOHSR in a container and let it sit for 30 minutes and just rinse it out of the container. Nope won't happen. I have to put some soap, shampoo or something and then scrub that stuff off. Not hating on AO but um what is in it that I have to scrub"

Now that you mention it, I too am wondering what the heck they have in these AO conditioners, they're all so darn thick. I guess with me having low porosity hair, its hard for such a thick product to penetrate lo-po strands which may explain why the AO GPB and HSR doesn't work for me. Hmmm got me thinking maybe they'll work better with steaming and on wet hair like hair4romheaven suggested. I hold on tossing...for now :yep: