MUD HAIR WASH: anyone ever washed their hair w/ this??

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

anyone ever used THIS????

YouTube - Certified Organic Shampoo Alternative <--- MUD REVIEW

Terressentials Organic Hair Care
Frequently Asked Questions About Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash

"This shampoo is detergent-free, yet effective enough to fit the bill. It has the unique ability to naturally extract impurities like dirt and oil. A few washes are necessary to fully feel the effect of this hair treatment. Plus you may need a little faith that rubbing mud on your scalp will have a good effect. It's worth it, though; after using this shampoo, my hair felt softer than it has since grade school."

SimplyCity magazine​

TERRESSENTIALS Pure Earth Hair Wash
Try it for yourself to find out what everyone is talking about! Our revolutionary Pure Earth Hair Wash does an incredibly beautiful job of cleaning your hair without any chemical detergents, foam boosters, protein thickeners and coating agents, emulsifiers, preservatives or fragrance. Our Pure Earth Hair Wash is simple, pure and effective. Leaves nothing on your hair, so your hair will be clean, full, soft and shiny. Once you've experienced it, you'll never want to use anything else! Works well for thin or fine, normal or wavy hair, and sensitive or irritated scalps. Kids love our "mud," too!

Please click here for more information before ordering!

Lavender Garden Pure Earth Hair Wash
8 oz. $10.75 493-212
Select quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 18 24 Ingredients

Cool Mint Pure Earth Hair Wash
8 oz. $10.75 493-214

Left Coast Lemon Pure Earth Hair Wash
8 oz $10.75 493-216

Sultry Spice Pure Earth Hair Wash
8 oz. $10.75 493-218

Fragrance-free Pure Earth Hair Wash
8 oz $10.75 493-210

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

Sounds just like the clay mask I do using bentonite or rhassoul clay. My next treatment will include bentonite, shikaki, neem, aritha powders mixed with rose water. Can't wait!

Starian

No, but I really want to try this now. I was sold when they said fine hair and sensitive/irritated scalps.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

No, but I really want to try this now. I was sold when they said fine hair and sensitive/irritated scalps.

PLEEEZE let me know how it goes:drunk:.... girl I need about 100 reviews before I try something.... but it's like hmmmmmmmmm, is she reviewing a product that she received? endorsing?

b/c I know exactly what she means about that patch at the top of my head, "my skunk patch" that curls differently.... tangles, drys, draws up.... has a life of it's on!!!
the only part that breaks w/ weaves/braids.... that crown
but, she was uber excited, so possibly an endorsement

Afrolatina

Hi!
I did some light research on Terressentials a few times before...
and the only reasons I stopped myself from getting it is because they mentioned something about it not being for "black natural" hair types (it says something about wavy, kinky and curly hair- they put "The main reason that we put the statement on our package about not recommending it for very curly or kinky hair is that many stores have a "self-serve" approach to their body and hair care products and don't teach customers how to properly use our products. We would rather not have people purchase the product than purchase it, use it without proper guidance and feel dissatisfied." I thought this was jacked up and a little too, uhm, odd? Not everyone that has very curly hair has kinky hair and the excuse they gave was kind of bogus...what would be harder to apply between straight white/latina hair that you COULDN'T apply to black hair without generalizing? Our hair needs moisture like hair of women with other ethnic backgrounds.. It's just supposed to cleanse and detox hair... I understand if your hair is relaxed, maybe it might not jive with the chemicals... but they just across the board said they don't recommend it for our hair even though, as black women, it comes in different textures, etc., Just found it offensive, is all.

Also, they mentioned how you CAN'T use any other products (or, at least, they don't recommend it), oils, creams, etc., outside of their own product line because it could interfere with the "detox" of your hair...the products they push on the website like the moisture cream are massively expensive and really to me is little more than coconut oil and other ingredients..

that all was enough for me...
lol the trial size they claim is usually too small for most people to get an adequate feel for the products so then I kind of felt stupid and figured if I didn't buy the larger size, I wouldn't have enough product to evaluate it first but I felt the 10.75 was probably a little steep for something I didn't know would work or not.

Oh and lastly (I swear lol) they said it may take up to 3 weeks of "stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry" hair until the chemicals have been removed and there's no guarantee that it'll turn around and that I won't end up with dry, brittle, needlessly shedding hair that I have to nurse back to health...

I'd rather just use ACV and let my hair just "breathe" than try to figure out with their 50 million different rules how to apply it to my 3B/3C hair.

I'm not sure if you posted this link, but : Frequently Asked Questions About Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Hi!
and the only reasons I stopped myself from getting it is because they mentioned something about it not being for "black natural" hair types (it says something about wavy, kinky and curly hair- they put "The main reason that we put the statement on our package about not recommending it for very curly or kinky hair is that many stores have a "self-serve" approach to their body and hair care products and don't teach customers how to properly use our products. We would rather not have people purchase the product than purchase it, use it without proper guidance and feel dissatisfied." I thought this was jacked up and a little too, uhm, odd? Not everyone that has very curly hair has kinky hair and the excuse they gave was kind of bogus...what would be harder to apply between straight white/latina hair that you COULDN'T apply to black hair without generalizing? Our hair needs moisture like hair of women with other ethnic backgrounds.. It's just supposed to cleanse and detox hair... I understand if your hair is relaxed, maybe it might not jive with the chemicals... but they just across the board said they don't recommend it for our hair even though, as black women, it comes in different textures, etc., Just found it offensive, is all.

Also, they mentioned how you CAN'T use any other products (or, at least, they don't recommend it), oils, creams, etc., outside of their own product line because it could interfere with the "detox" of your hair...the products they push on the website like the moisture cream are massively expensive and really to me is little more than coconut oil and other ingredients..

lol the trial size they claim is usually too small for most people to get an adequate feel for the products so then I kind of felt stupid and figured if I didn't buy the larger size, I wouldn't have enough product to evaluate it first but I felt the 10.75 was probably a little steep for something I didn't know would work or not.

Oh and lastly (I swear lol) they said it may take up to 3 weeks of "stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry" hair until the chemicals have been removed and there's no guarantee that it'll turn around and that I won't end up with dry, brittle, needlessly shedding hair that I have to nurse back to health...

I'd rather just use ACV and let my hair just "breathe" than try to figure out with their 50 million different rules how to apply it to my 3B/3C hair.

I'm not sure if you posted this link, but : Frequently Asked Questions About Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash

oh--hell-to-the-naaaaw

PerplexingComplex

I use it & it's just a bentonite clay mix. I didn't feel like making my own mixture, so I bought it. It does make my hair feel lighter and not weighed down, which is a good feeling. I use the lemon one and use oils/butters to seal in moisture. When I straighten my hair I use cones, so I was with a sulfate shampoo before I wash with the mud. The mud can get the cones off, I just don't like the icky feeling it gives my hair as it does.

blazingthru

I use it and love it. I threw away all my products. My hair is soft, easy detangle and keeps it curls, I even decided to go completely natural and make my own gel and my own deep conditioner. I am in love with my hair again. I decided to get the bigger bottle because after I was done, I did not need to add anything to my hair. Its a change. I have more static in my hair but they said eventually it will not be a problem and I believe it because after I get out of the shower and let my hair air dries it doesn't look cute, but now without adding anything to it its really cute and I am about to head out the door without adding one thing to it. I love it. I might try the entire line, I am amazed at what this product has done to the skin it rinses off on as well. I have a huge dash of eczema on my face, I been trying to get rid of it for years its not even noticeable now. So yeah to me its worth it. NO more chemicals and crap on my face and body.
Granted its only been a few days and the first day My hair felt weird and the second day it felt weird but nice, it held any style I put it in and was much bigger then usual. The third, I knew I was in love. I have four my days of washing my hair everyday and I actually look forward to it. NO conditioner. None at all or leave in. Just olive oil for now. I'll post in a few more days. its worth the money.

kaykaybobay

I dont use a mud shampoo but I use a mud pre wash hair mask - at least for me it has drastically reduced my curl pattern so I would watch out for muds, clays. I don't mind how it has changed my hair because it is fine and tangles easily so I always dry my hair stretched.

Tiye

Hi!

I use a bentonite clay mud treatment. My hair as kinky as kinky hair comes and it works for me. I started doing mud treatments coz I was interested in the african clay natural relaxer product as sold on e.g. treasured locks but the containers are too small so I improv'd on my own. I combined some of the directions from treasured locks with some of the directions from the jar of clay (you can get it at a health food store). When people make things sound overcomplicated it's because they're not good teachers. You don't need to be a genius or even a hair genius to put mud in your hair. While it would defeat the purpose to do a mud treatment then apply 8 different leave ins/day, you can do your normal moisturizing routine with whatever products you regularly use.

aishasoleil

I used it for a few months and really really liked it on my hair. I was sure it would be a staple forever! The only issue I have is the cost. I have a lot of hair and needed to buy the 16oz bottle so it would last me longer and with shipping it cost around 30 or so bucks. Yeah. My hubby was a bit annoyed! Lol. Also, I decided to do a strictly ayurvedic regimen (which will definitely be cheaper in the long run since I can buy herbs in bulk for really good prices) this year. So... is the Mud Wash good? Sure, I liked it a lot. Not drying at all for my hair yet my hair felt clean. Would I tell someone to run out and buy it? Only if they're willing to spend a "little" money. Honestly, like a lot of these ladies have already said, it's pretty much just benonite clay mixed with aloe and some oils. You could make it yourself at a *much* cheaper price. :)

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
For those that use this product, how does it compare to making your own bentonite or rhassoul clay poos?

Niceyd

I bought the lavender one, and I really like it so far...I tried it on a section of hair (I have braids in right now, and just took one out to test it), and fell in love with the results. I left it in for about 5 min, and massaged it into my scalp in that little section. I rinsed it out and my curls were DEFINED and smooth! I added some Kinky Curly Knot Today to the section and sealed with my Grapeseed/Jojoba/Castor/MSM oil mix concoction and left it alone to dry, to reach my final verdict. My hair was light and soft and felt really good... I can't wait to try it on my whole head!

Still wondering how I'm going to incorporate it into my hair schedule, I'd like to use it twice a week, but that might be a waste of time and product. This stuff is a tad bit expensive...

anon123

Hi!

I went to the link you provided. I don't know if it's changed since you read it, but it doesn't say what you said it does. In fact, for kinky or curly hair, it recommends the following:
. . .
For fine, straight or thin hair: Fragrance-free, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint.
For naturally curly, kinky, frizzy or very thick hair: Left Coast Lemon, Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
For Dry Hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon .
. . .
The hair that they caution it for is hair that is locked or undergoing the process of dreadlocking. They don't say why, just tell you that if you use it, which ones they recommend and to read the instructions. Perhaps it's hard to rinse out of dreadlocks, I don't know.

SimJam

I saw naptural85s vid quite a while ago and said Id try the products but havnt got around to it.

however, looking at the ingredients I'll probably just add some aloe juice along with some nettle, chamomile and marshmallow tea to my next bentonite clay treatment

LadyMacgyver

I use it and love it. I threw away all my products. My hair is soft, easy detangle and keeps it curls, I even decided to go completely natural and make my own gel and my own deep conditioner. I am in love with my hair again. I decided to get the bigger bottle because after I was done, I did not need to add anything to my hair. Its a change. I have more static in my hair but they said eventually it will not be a problem and I believe it because after I get out of the shower and let my hair air dries it doesn't look cute, but now without adding anything to it its really cute and I am about to head out the door without adding one thing to it. I love it. I might try the entire line, I am amazed at what this product has done to the skin it rinses off on as well. I have a huge dash of eczema on my face, I been trying to get rid of it for years its not even noticeable now. So yeah to me its worth it. NO more chemicals and crap on my face and body.
Granted its only been a few days and the first day My hair felt weird and the second day it felt weird but nice, it held any style I put it in and was much bigger then usual. The third, I knew I was in love. I have four my days of washing my hair everyday and I actually look forward to it. NO conditioner. None at all or leave in. Just olive oil for now. I'll post in a few more days. its worth the money.

If there could ever be a day where I can get rid of all my products and just use maybe 2-3 products to get by I would be sold and then I could afford the price.. If I get it I would use up what I got or what until I am completely natural..

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
I went to the link you provided. I don't know if it's changed since you read it, but it doesn't say what you said it does. In fact, for kinky or curly hair, it recommends the following:
. . .
For fine, straight or thin hair: Fragrance-free, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint.
For naturally curly, kinky, frizzy or very thick hair: Left Coast Lemon, Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
For Dry Hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon .
. . .
The hair that they caution it for is hair that is locked or undergoing the process of dreadlocking. They don't say why, just tell you that if you use it, which ones they recommend and to read the instructions. Perhaps it's hard to rinse out of dreadlocks, I don't know.

The company must have read this thread LOL!

brownbean96

I love this product. And I co-sign with the other ladies - there is no need to use conditioner after the mud wash. Which makes it work for me. I was just starting to justify using deep conditioners because the effects didn't seem to last past me rinsing them out of my hair? This wash, defines my curls like I've never seen before and my hair is less tangled - less shedding as well - after 'washing'.

I tried it after seeing naptural85's channel. She has a very simple regimen - one that I've adopted (with my own tweaks) since I'd been looking to start one - that totally works for me. Since I won't be using as many products - I became a serious PJ - I'll actually be spending less money on products which makes the mud wash reasonable.

I'm trying to lead a more healthy organic life overall and be more conscious of what I put into and on my body - food, soaps, makeup, skincare, etc.

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
I've never tried it but have used the clay mixed in Dr bronners for awhile now. U do feel a difference in your hair whether its used as a mask or a wash

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

virtuenow

I explored the idea of using the Terresentials mud wash-- during my no poo research over the past couple of months. I am enjoying co-wash dc's right now; but I still want to try this. Naptural85's video is where I learned about this too :). She made it sound so good.

aquajoyice

Hi!

That's not true. This was taken directly from the website:
Pure Earth Hair Wash is not recommended for chemically-treated hair because its use by people with damaged hair requires some special instruction. In a retail store other than ours, there isn't always someone in a store available to educate customers on the subject. (It is NOT because the mud will strip your color - our mud will not affect the color of your hair, natural or otherwise.) We would rather not have people purchase the product than purchase it and attempt to use it without proper guidance and feel dissatisfied.
I just purchased some online and can't wait to use it :grin: