Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

yodie

Hi ladies. I have a few questions. Hopefully somone can answer.
Has anyone tried the lemon and the lavender? If so, which do you think is more moisturizing? Do you favor one over the other?

I'm a fine, natural, 4b, with very dry hair and slight damage in some areas. The bottle says it shouldn't be used on damaged hair. Can anyone provde feedback on that?

My hair feels like cotton and never has any weight to it when wet. Has the mud helped anyone with this?

Thanks.

faithVA

Has anyone tried the lemon and the lavender? If so, which do you think is more moisturizing? Do you favor one over the other?

I'm a fine, natural, 4b, with very dry hair and slight damage in some areas. The bottle says it shouldn't be used on damaged hair. Can anyone provde feedback on that?

My hair feels like cotton and never has any weight to it when wet. Has the mud helped anyone with this?

Hey yodie, I've only used the lemon but tashboog started with the lavender and then tried the lemon.

I'm a fine, natural 4b, medium density. I hair previously was very dry and my crown was damaged and my ends were damaged with the color. Terressentials throughs a lot of warnings out there because they want people to use the product per instructions. So if you start off using the product as directed I don't think you will have a problem even if you think your hair is damaged.

As I advised someone else if you are considering the detox you an always buy 8 oz of the lavendar and 8 oz of the lemon and see which you prefer. And then combine them to balance them out. Or you can start with the lavender.

I have a feeling but can't prove it, that the lemon is really great for detoxing but once you use it for a while the lavender is sufficient because your hair starts to change.

yodie

Thanks, FaithVA. A store nearby sells the lavender. No lemon. Decided not to buy it because of the damaged hair warning. I'd rather not pay shipping charges if I can help it. Is your hair still dry? Other changes?

Ladies that use the lavender, any feedback?
Do you think the lemon is primarily for detox and the lavender for maintenance?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My hair feels amazing. I mudded, herbal essence totally twisted condtioner, fig wen leave in, shea moisture coconut and hibiscus smoothie, sealed with olive oil. Hair in 10 twists that i'm going to wrap into bantu's before i hit the sheets. Will unravel in the am and wear a twist out through Wednesday.

JeterCrazed

Just bought some 100% pure Dead Sea mud. Gonna try it on Tuesday. It is a *insert widely boycotted brand namr here* product and I don't like what they're doing to the Palestinians, so I hope I hate it so I wont have to buy it again *fingers crossed*

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

AMAKA127

Thanks, FaithVA. A store nearby sells the lavender. No lemon. Decided not to buy it because of the damaged hair warning. I'd rather not pay shipping charges if I can help it. Is your hair still dry? Other changes?

I did the detox with lavender and my hair is fine .... its just something you have to try because what works for my hair may not work for anyone elses

but I will say thing, I clarified this weekend with the Shea moisture african black soup shampoo and I was questioning why I did that ... I love TE so much that other shampoo's just aren't right for my hair anymore

yodie

My hair feels amazing. I mudded, herbal essence totally twisted condtioner, fig wen leave in, shea moisture coconut and hibiscus smoothie, sealed with olive oil. Hair in 10 twists that i'm going to wrap into bantu's before i hit the sheets. Will unravel in the am and wear a twist out through Wednesday.

It's my dream to have hair simplicity like this. It might take me 16 months or so, but I'll get there.

So many good reports about this stuff. Gotta try it now for sure.

hair4today

yodie, my hair is 4b, fine, cottony and low porosity (with apparently 4a patch in the kitchen area - had no clue until starting with the TE wash). Anyhow, my hair was very dry prior to using the mud shampoo. I've only used the lavender and for me its extremely moisturizing. Post wash my hair is moisturized and my curls pop. I really think the lemon or lavender should work well for you.

faithVA

[USER=17046 said:
yodie[/USER];14302963]Thanks, FaithVA. A store nearby sells the lavender. No lemon. Decided not to buy it because of the damaged hair warning. I'd rather not pay shipping charges if I can help it. Is your hair still dry? Other changes?

If you can get the lavender local give it a try. I think you can have good results with either. I do plan on trying the lavender but I have lemon left so just going to coast with that.

My hair is far less dry than I use to be. If you read any of my blog you know that my hair was dry, my scalp was damaged and I had a impossible time retaining moisture. I did all of the porosity stuff, etc. etc.

I can honestly say if I chose to I could use the mud wash, apply a leave-in, seal my ends with shea butter and call it a day. I wouldn't need to do anything else.

I am currently DCing because for some strange reason I decided to start a steaming challenge :sad: and I have DCs in my stash.

But it has totally changed what I have to do to retain moisture. I still moisturize it during the week as I feel I need it. But not the 2x a day I was doing before.

pookaloo83

faithVA What is the detox? I keep seeing it being posted, but not the actual post where it's being talked about. Is the detoxing one the lemon one? I'm gonna buy this on Wednesday. And why are you guys diluting it? To save product? Or is it too harsh? I have color treated hair. can I use it?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

All if them are a part of the "detox" a lot of us enjoy the lcl qhich is why its talked about the most. Some dilute to save product, I dont. I havent found it harsh, just need to condition afterwards. Yes, it can be used on colored hair.
faithVA What is the detox? I keep seeing it being posted, but not the actual post where it's being talked about. Is the detoxing one the lemon one? I'm gonna buy this on Wednesday. And why are you guys diluting it? To save product? Or is it too harsh? I have color treated hair. can I use it?

faithVA

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=23876" said:
pookaloo83[/URL];14304741]@faithVA What is the detox? I keep seeing it being posted, but not the actual post where it's being talked about. Is the detoxing one the lemon one? I'm gonna buy this on Wednesday. And why are you guys diluting it? To save product? Or is it too harsh? I have color treated hair. can I use it?

The detox is a process. You can use any of the washes to detox. The process recommended by Terressentials is to wash the hair 7 straight days, doing 3 back to back washes on days 1 and 2, doing 2 back to back washes on days 3 and 4 and doing 1 wash on day 5, 6, 7.

The point of the detox is to remove layers of synthetics that have attached to the hair... therefore the multiple washes to remove layers.

Some ladies have tried the accelerated process of doing fewer washes but extending the length.

I dilute mostly because my hair is dense enough that its too much to apply the product to my hair in its regular state. It goes on easier to me if it is diluted. And it does save product. Don't see any need to use more than I have to. I've never used it undiluted so I don't know if it is harsh when used straight.

I know some who don't dilute have had an issue rinsing. So I use less product, easier to apply, easy to rinse, cleans effectively and don't need to condition afterwards.

You can use it with color treated hair.

Last edited:

Missigirl

Thanks.

yodie I bought both the lavender and the lemon. I decided to detox with the lavender and I love it. I don't know how the lemon feels yet so I can't say if it is better or worse. My hair is either 4a or 4b not really sure. I am just using a touch on my damp hair and putting it in twist the same way Naptural85 does without the vinegar. I started out diluting with water the first 2 days then I decided to use it straight. After I completely rinse my hair I am using Giovanni direct leave in re-twisting and sealing with coconut oil and allowing it to dry. I hope this helps. I will deep condition after my last detox.

faithVA

Dang! That detox sounds tedious! :lol:

I didn't think it was that bad but some people did. I think it depends on how much you struggle with your hair on a daily basis.

For me it was worth the investment. I gave a week of my time to cut my weekly wash regimen from a planned event to something I can do in an hour.

Missigirl

I agree with faithVA I am one of those once a week washers but I have enjoyed washing my hair everyday. It is not that bad at all and it will reduce my weekly washing and my product usage.

faithVA

[USER=35151 said:
Missigirl[/USER];14305999]I agree with @[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=292332"]faithVA[/URL] I am one of those once a week washers but I have enjoyed washing my hair everyday. It is not that bad at all and it will reduce my weekly washing and my product usage.

It also decrease my product usage. And products that weren't working well before work much better now. In the past year I have tried all types of leave-ins and none of them did anything. I also couldn't use shea butter on my hair before because it was greasy. But now I can apply a leave-in and it does what its supposed to do. And I can apply oils and butters and they absorb into my hair instead of just sitting there.

I would have never washed my hair midweek before :nono: I would have been up to 1 am and then I still would have had to doctor it the next day. Now I know I can do it midweek and it not be a problem.

I'm just happy with it. And I have gone through a lot of products.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I cant stop molesting my hair :look:

Going forward I will try to mud just once a week and cw 1-2 times a week because mudding does get a little pricey. But to have that conditioner just melt into my hair, there is just no other feeling.

faithVA

[USER=13177 said:
Je Ne Sais Quoi[/USER];14306379]I cant stop molesting my hair :look:

Going forward I will try to mud just once a week and cw 1-2 times a week because mudding does get a little pricey. But to have that conditioner just melt into my hair, there is just no other feeling.

:lol: It sounds like you are just having too much fun over there. All over some mudwash and conditioner huh? :lol:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My hair today. Sorry, I have on no make up :(

hairsothick

Black and Magical
Got my wash and started the detox last night. I ordered the Left Coast Lemonbecause I didn't think I'd like how the Lavender Garden smelled.

I didn't dilute it, but I will going forward to make it last. I'm heavy handed. :look:

I rinsed with ACV before I started because I just took out my box braids and had beeswax and other gunk on my roots. The ACV loosened it up, but the mud made it disappear. I know I would have been washing forever wih regular shampoo.

I washed it normally the first two times in about ten big twists and then let it sit for around 30 minutes after the third application. I did not apply any product afterwards.

I woke up this morning and my twists were completely dry, but they had a whitish film on top of them. I'm just going to assume that is old product rising to the surface or maybe I didn't rinse enough. Either way, I'm not alarmed.

I will continue on with day 2 of the detox tonight after I leave the gym.

No pics right now because my aunt is holding my camera hostage.

faithVA

[USER=10329 said:
hairsothick[/USER];14306825]Got my wash and started the detox last night. I ordered the Left Coast Lemonbecause I didn't think I'd like how the Lavender Garden smelled.

I didn't dilute it, but I will going forward to make it last. I'm heavy handed. :look:

I rinsed with ACV before I started because I just took out my box braids and had beeswax and other gunk on my roots. The ACV loosened it up, but the mud made it disappear. I know I would have been washing forever wih regular shampoo.

I washed it normally the first two times in about ten big twists and then let it sit for around 30 minutes after the third application. I did not apply any product afterwards.

I woke up this morning and my twists were completely dry, but they had a whitish film on top of them. I'm just going to assume that is old product rising to the surface or maybe I didn't rinse enough. Either way, I'm not alarmed.

I will continue on with day 2 of the detox tonight after I leave the gym.

No pics right now because my aunt is holding my camera hostage.

oooh I forgot I was waiting for your hair :lol:

I think depending on the hair, not diluting makes it hard to rinse out.

We need Auntie to release the imprisoned camera. :yep: Good luck with your detox.

SimJam

Just bought some 100% pure Dead Sea mud. Gonna try it on Tuesday. It is a *insert widely boycotted brand namr here* product and I don't like what they're doing to the Palestinians, so I hope I hate it so I wont have to buy it again *fingers crossed*

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

OK this made the literally LOL

spent the last hour going through this thread and between the posted results and Naptural85's hair I feel I MUST try this product !!!!

so question is on average will one 8oz bottle last through the detox week? my hair is abt Collarbone dense 4b

I want to atleast order enough product for the detox and a couple months.

secondly, since I live in Jamaica and to reduce international shipping costs, I normally ship my hair products to my sister in Fl. Her husband is coming to Jamaica next month so I wont get my product till late October.

In the mean while Im gonna start detoxing my hair by making the bootleg version
1/3 cup bentonite clay
peppermint oil
rosemary oil
2 tsp sweet almond oil

2 tsp walnut oil
1 cup aloe vera juice

I think i will infuse the oils with nettle, chamomile and shavegrass (I have nettle and chamomile, I'll have to look for the shave grass) and I'll also have to look for the linden flower:yep:

hair4today

SimJam, I don't think an 8 oz would cover detox plus 2 months of regular washing. Depending on how often you get your US care packages, I would recommend 1 or 2 16 oz bottles...maybe 1 each of the lemon and lavender and that way you'll know which flavor works best for your hair.

Last edited:

qchelle

I'll be done with my detox by tomorrow night :grin: It has done wonders for my hair! I've never gotten curl definition without any added gels/heavy creams before! I'll post pics Wednesday probably. My pics aren't going to do my hair justice though because my camera kind of sucks lol

faithVA

OK this made the literally LOL

spent the last hour going through this thread and between the posted results and Naptural85's hair I feel I MUST try this product !!!!

so question is on average will one 8oz bottle last through the detox week? my hair is abt Collarbone dense 4b

I want to atleast order enough product for the detox and a couple months.

secondly, since I live in Jamaica and to reduce international shipping costs, I normally ship my hair products to my sister in Fl. Her husband is coming to Jamaica next month so I wont get my product till late October.

In the mean while Im gonna start detoxing my hair by making the bootleg version
1/3 cup bentonite clay
peppermint oil
rosemary oil
2 tsp sweet almond oil
2 tsp walnut oil
1 cup aloe vera juice

I think i will infuse the oils with nettle, chamomile and shavegrass (I have nettle and chamomile, I'll have to look for the shave grass) and I'll also have to look for the linden flower:yep:

You can do the detox with 8 oz if you diilute and aren't heavy handed. But if you want to make sure you have enough for a couple of months you may want to go with the 16 oz. That way it might at least last until your family comes to visit again.