Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

hair4romheaven

What I have noticed since my two day detox:
1) I moisturized the day after my second day wash and its 4 days after my wash and my hair is still moist. I usually have to moist & seal daily.
2) I have my hair in two strand twist and the ends are more defined in the areas that didn't curl at all.
3) I have a problem scalp and it feels moist and tingly when I massage my scalp. My scalp just feels fresh and clean although I use oil to massage.

I have been looking for a natural product for my hair since I have scalp issues and this works perfectly for me. I had no need to DC. DC will be more of an option rather than a need. This product is a staple for me. I will just deal with the smell. LOL

Ok so I've just finished my first 8oz bottle. I love this product. My twist lasted longer and my twist outs are more defined. My scalp feels better and my hair is so moist. I plan on wigging it for a month or so. So I will be using the mud wash 1x a month. During this time I will use the trail size bottle to see which flavor I prefer. ;-) Through out the month I plan on cowashing with a natural conditioner like AOWC or another and using KCKT as a leave in. When I start to wear my hair out again in the spring I will use the mud wash weekly and I can def. say this is my staple.

ETA: I used it diluted this time since it was the last of the bottle (I got 4 uses out of 8oz) and must say I believe I can wash MY hair while in braids with it during the month I wig it if i dilute it enough. Still just a thought.

Last edited:

faithVA

Ok so I've just finished my first 8oz bottle. I love this product. My twist lasted longer and my twist outs are more defined. My scalp feels better and my hair is so moist. I plan on wigging it for a month or so. So I will be using the mud wash 1x a month. During this time I will use the trail size bottle to see which flavor I prefer. ;-) Through out the month I plan on cowashing with a natural conditioner like AOWC or another and using KCKT as a leave in. When I start to wear my hair out again in the spring I will use the mud wash weekly and I can def. say this is my staple.

ETA: I used it diluted this time since it was the last of the bottle (I got 4 uses out of 8oz) and must say I believe I can wash MY hair while in braids with it during the month I wig it if i dilute it enough. Still just a thought.

Thanks for the update hair4ormheaven. I had wondered if it could be used with braids. Would be good for future reference. Please keep us updated on your review of the samples. I would like to know how you feel they compare.

I will probably buy 1 lemon and 1 lavender and then then the samples.

McQuay30

I hadn't thought to do that, add the undiluted to my scalp. I will do that next time. My scalp feels better all around as well. Its still brittle though but I am hoping it changes over time. I am hoping the hair that grows in is softer than its predecessor. :yep: Thanks for the tip @McQuay30

Your Welcome, I apply it straight on my nape also. Hopefully since this area is "slow" the straight mud wash will aide it quicker for recovery. What was the problem that Napural85 was having with her crown?

nakialovesshoes

I apply the mid wash straight on the crown area but diluted elsewhere, my crown no longer itch nor is it brittle feeling anymore and all aroung feels better, i use the wash once to twice a week depending on how I feel, the ease of it all blows my mind away. I brought some of Tiivan hair oil and added bhringja oil "I believe is the correct spelling" to it, I will see how this works for growth in this area.
McQuay30

I was doing the same thing. I have a 4z dry-as-the-desert patch right dead in the center of my head. It's still dry but not as rough as before, I think. Like faithVA, I'm hoping that this area will improve with time.

UMMMMMM?????? therefore the product will work better and maybe faster results???

I'm hoping that's the case. MY TWA is soooo limiting. I feel like one of those bald babies with a head band on & there's barely any hair.

Your Welcome, I apply it straight on my nape also. Hopefully since this area is "slow" the straight mud wash will aide it quicker for recovery. What was the problem that Napural85 was having with her crown?

I think Naptural85 had a dry patch in her crown, as well.

qchelle

I just ordered this stuff a minute ago. I hope it comes soon!! And I hope it works for me because I'm still looking for staple products. My hair is extremely porous.

faithVA

In the video where she is showing her updating wash regimen with the ACV followed by the Terressentials she mentions that she used to have a problem area in her crown that was brittle, had issues with growing, different texture and shrinkage (something like that). After using the mudwash for a few months she no longer has that problem.

I think quite a few people have this problem. I think when issues start occurring in the scalp, this is one of the first signs and problem areas. Unfortunately I don't think anyone ever tells us its a warning sign, we just think we have kinky hair here. IMO

youwillrise

My hair is definitely holding onto moisture muuuuch better. I honestly didnt think id reap any bennies from this stuff, but theres a big difference. before i could moisturize & seal all i wanted and itd do no good...now my hair is actually moist AFTER it has dried. i didnt even do 7 days of detox

deborah11

I like the product but it leaves a film on my hair. Anyone else havaing this probleM? Any suggestions. I have not done the 7 day detox. I only washed 2x's lst week but I a going to try to do a great deal of the detox this upcoming weekend, 3 on Friday and Saturday and 2 on Sunday. See what happens after that. I definately don't like the film on hair but I like the softness of the hair.

faithVA

I like the product but it leaves a film on my hair. Anyone else havaing this probleM? Any suggestions. I have not done the 7 day detox. I only washed 2x's lst week but I a going to try to do a great deal of the detox this upcoming weekend, 3 on Friday and Saturday and 2 on Sunday. See what happens after that. I definately don't like the film on hair but I like the softness of the hair.

I've heard of one other person mention it but I didn't have enough details to understand. Are you rinsing your hair prior to application? Are you diluting the mud? What products if any did you have on your hair prior to the wash?

It shouldn't leave a film. However, the mud does remove layers of synthetics so its possible the film is a result of a layer being removed. If you do the 3 days, you will have an idea of whether the layers are being removed or not. The washes will start to feel different as you go.

deborah11

I've heard of one other person mention it but I didn't have enough details to understand. Are you rinsing your hair prior to application? Are you diluting the mud? What products if any did you have on your hair prior to the wash?

It shouldn't leave a film. However, the mud does remove layers of synthetics so its possible the film is a result of a layer being removed. If you do the 3 days, you will have an idea of whether the layers are being removed or not. The washes will start to feel different as you go.

No, I was not rinsing just putting it on dry hair. Maybe that's the problem. Will see if that help. I did dilute the mud with water. I am using mostly natural products but I think that i am going to texturize my hair soon so I may not have the same effect as naturals. I have not texlazed since December 2009 but I put a BKT in hair in November of 2010(with diasterous results.) Been babying the hair since last year with protective styles and very litle manipulation. I am very conscious of the products that I use and for last 2 years have mostly used natural products. Thanks for your imput.

McQuay30

In the video where she is showing her updating wash regimen with the ACV followed by the Terressentials she mentions that she used to have a problem area in her crown that was brittle, had issues with growing, different texture and shrinkage (something like that). After using the mudwash for a few months she no longer has that problem.

I think quite a few people have this problem. I think when issues start occurring in the scalp, this is one of the first signs and problem areas. Unfortunately I don't think anyone ever tells us its a warning sign, we just think we have kinky hair here. IMO

You may be right it seems ALOT of people have a problem with the crown but we or me personally feels like I am the only one in the world with the problem. I must admit the crown is better already since using the mud. No more tight feeling like I want to cut a patch in my head and sit it on the side somewhere:lol:

ajoke

I'm planning on getting this as I have a family member returning from the US soon. Which one would you ladies recommend for me- 4a, fine strands, medium density? TIA.

faithVA

I'm planning on getting this as I have a family member returning from the US soon. Which one would you ladies recommend for me- 4a, fine strands, medium density? TIA.

I've only used the West Coast Lemon. Some ladies like the lavender. I think those are the top 2. You can always get the 8 oz bottle of the lemon and the lavender to see which you like and mix them together if you like 1 more than the other.

Ashawn Arraine

Is there anyone transitioning and using this? Though I am sure it's not recomended, especitially dealing with two textures and chemecally treated ends. :nono:

McQuay30

Is there anyone transitioning and using this? Though I am sure it's not recomended, especitially dealing with two textures and chemecally treated ends. :nono:

I am it works fine my new growth is detangled and soft my relaxed hair is okay sometimes a littel dry but I put a all natural oil or conditioner on it and then it is fine.

hair4today

What's the difference between this wash and mixing up some ben clay, with water and olive oil? Has anyone used both? Is there a noticeable difference in performance or is it ease of use?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cotton-and-Curls-a-Natural-Hair-Journey/191472587590680
A few posters in this thread have reported comparable results with their own version of the Terressentials wash so check for their recipes if you prefer a do-it-yourself approach. Although most appear to get better results when mixing the clay with AVJ rather than water. Good luck with whatever version you decide on.

nakialovesshoes

Ashawn ArraineI was transitioning from a curly perm & once I started using the mud, my natural hair started popping & I decided to BC. Not saying this will happen to you but consider yourself forewarned. :look:

ajoke I'm a 4a (4b crown) with fine strands & medium to thick density. I've tried the lemon, lavender & mint. I would use either of the 3. But, honestly I got the best wash out results from the mint & the lavender. I loved the scalp sensation from the mint and my hair felt the best after rinsing it. I'm partial to the lemon only b/c even after I rinsed, my hair was still smelling like lemon & I loved how the scent lingered.

Ashawn Arraine

@Ashawn ArraineI was transitioning from a curly perm & once I started using the mud, my natural hair started popping & I decided to BC. Not saying this will happen to you but consider yourself forewarned. :look:

@ajoke I'm a 4a (4b crown) with fine strands & medium to thick density. I've tried the lemon, lavender & mint. I would use either of the 3. But, honestly I got the best wash out results from the mint & the lavender. I loved the scalp sensation from the mint and my hair felt the best after rinsing it. I'm partial to the lemon only b/c even after I rinsed, my hair was still smelling like lemon & I loved how the scent lingered.

:lol: ... Warning noted. Thanks.

Chromia

I'm in the middle of the detox and I see an improvement in my hair. I did a twistout and I just have coconut oil in my hair as a leave-in. My hair is starting to look and feel like it did before I accidentally dried it out with some other products I was using.