-Sticky/tacky feeling has gone
-I get a better clean washing over the sink
-Applicator bottle works great for application
-Haven't applied any product afterwards
-Hair still ashy looking

Detox Day 3:
-Skipped two days in between detoxes, too tired
-Left mud on overnight by accident
-Applied directly to wet twists, didn't unravel just squished it in, way easier :yep:
-Hair feels fluffier, a bit softer, and has lost its ashiness :rolleyes:
-Removing shed hair is easier
-Tempted to end detox, but I will wash tomorrow (too tired)

I'll know if it really works when I go back to moisturizing. I'm going to start with just AVG and EVCO or EVOO or I'll try Oyin Hair Dew or Qhemet CTDG. My hair DOES NOT hold moisture so we'll see.

.:Eden:.Lady we must be hair soul mates or something. I am on day 3 after skipping 2 days. I left mine overnight out of sheer laziness. And I, too, decided to place mine in an applicator bottle & use 1 oz of water & 1 oz of mud. The applicator bottle method is sooo much better/easier.

I am officially done with the lemon. I used the mint for the 1st time & saw an immediate difference. Plus I love the tingly scalp and I actually find it soothing once I put on my heat cap. As soon as I put the mud in a few minutes ago, my curls were popping.

Since I just BCed & have been using cone filled products, I will complete the detox. I'm sooo loving the mint. I have a bottle of lavender. I'm going to try it next. If it doesn't work I may be looking to trade with anyone that has the mint & would rather the lavender.

Question? Does anyone know if Tresemme Natural conditioner contains plastic and the like? That's my staple leave in and I would be tempted to take the TE plunge if the Tresemme Naturals line was passable as a nearly natural product.

I know it's supposed to be cone free. Here are the ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance (parfum), lauroyl lysine, caprylyl glycol, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aspartic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, citric acid, alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice

Maybe you could do the detox sans any products and just start back using the Tresemme after the detox.

greight

I think I'll be purchasing this on Monday!

Question... did anyone try clarifying their hair first prior to the detox? Would it help in terms of speeding up the process? My game plan would be to clarify on a Friday evening, then Saturday morning do the detox.

sugarwater

I got mine yesterday!! i ordered the two oz in each flavor. I started with the sultry spice, which i like a lot! did two washes with it. one for two hours, the other overnight. going to do two with lemon today.

I'm not sure i need then though. my hair was uber soft after the first wash.

I can imagine myself ordering of each was and changing it up every week.:grin:

.:Eden:.

nakialovesshoes
Yesss, we are in the same boat. This detox is time consuming, and I too am running out of product. I want to try the Lavender, not that I don't like the Lemon. I'm just not a lemon smelling person. I need to purchase the 16oz ASAP.

I seriously don't know how I'm going to use less than 1oz of product each week once I start my regular washes, because the little amount Naptural85 uses I don't think will get my hair clean :perplexed

sikora

Question... did anyone try clarifying their hair first prior to the detox? Would it help in terms of speeding up the process? My game plan would be to clarify on a Friday evening, then Saturday morning do the detox.

I don't think that's necessary because the clarifying shampoo would be yet another layer of product that the detox process will have to rid your hair of.

LadyMacgyver

@nakialovesshoes
Yesss, we are in the same boat. This detox is time consuming, and I too am running out of product. I want to try the Lavender, not that I don't like the Lemon. I'm just not a lemon smelling person. I need to purchase the 16oz ASAP.

I seriously don't know how I'm going to use less than 1oz of product each week once I start my regular washes, because the little amount Naptural85 uses I don't think will get my hair clean :perplexed

It won't be hard I think if you are using mostly natural products you won't need to use the much TE anyway.. I washed for the 1st time after the detox last week and I diluted mine and then used a squirt on my hand rub that together and used it throughout my hair and that was fine for my hair..

hair4today

I got mine yesterday!! i ordered the two oz in each flavor. I started with the sultry spice, which i like a lot! did two washes with it. one for two hours, the other overnight. going to do two with lemon today.

I'm not sure i need then though. my hair was uber soft after the first wash.

I can imagine myself ordering of each was and changing it up every week.:grin:
Sounds like your hair has already detoxed just by doing the two extended washes. If so then just switch to your regular wash schedule whatever that is and save yourself some time and money. You'll have to go by what you think your hair needs. What's nice about the mud wash is that it allows each of us to customize usage based on the individual needs of our hair. Have fun with the different flavours. I've been using lavender but want to try cool mint next...nakialovesshoes description of how it feels on the scalp and hair sounds positively delish.

Last edited:

nakialovesshoes

nakialovesshoes

.:Eden:. I have a TWA & am using 1 oz for each wash. I wonder how much I'll have to use when I really have some hair. I agree with you. I'm heavy handed with products & could never believe that a small amount could get a full head of hair clean.

I loved the lemon scent. It was always lingering even after I rinsed & it was such a fresh scent. However, I'm sitting with the lavender on & a heat cap & the lavender is soothing as well but I miss the sensation from the mint.

I think that I still have build up because my hair still isn't soft after the mud is rinsed. So the detox continues...

virtuenow

This is my same question. Why not suggest clarify or chelating shampoo (which remove minerals and deposits, they dont leave anything behind). Or do they just want you to spend alot of money using up the whole $30 bottle on a detox so you have to buy a second bottle. It sounds like a company running game on unsuspecting people (sorry, just being truthful).

LadyMacgyver

This is my same question. Why not suggest clarify or chelating shampoo (which remove minerals and deposits, they dont leave anything behind). Or do they just want you to spend alot of money using up the whole $30 bottle on a detox so you have to buy a second bottle. It sounds like a company running game on unsuspecting people (sorry, just being truthful).

I clarified b4 and my hair never felt like it does now. I could never detangle either when I clarified alone.. I would always have to use more product to even help detangle my hair. So not sure but I just felt a big difference from using the detox than clarifying my hair..

Wanderland

I use <0.5 oz each wash. I dilute it 3:1 though. If I feel I need more after using the diluted solution, I will use it straight out the bottle but tiny bit (half the size of a dime), on the section that needs more. Also doing ACV helps stretch it A LOT.

Oh yeah, here a YT video about making your wash last. It's actually a recipe to make your own but the poster says she really likes the scents. Sorry if its already been posted.

faithVA

[USER=114771 said:
nagawa[/USER];14202555]I think I'll be purchasing this on Monday!

If you have regular shampoo I think that would be ok. If you have really had a lot of success with clarifying then go ahead. I wouldn't recommend clarifying for most people because it tends to be harsh on the hair and take a lot of the moisture with it. But you know your hair.

If you don't have a lot of heavy products on your hair, I don't think clarifying or shampooing is necessary.

faithVA

[USER=10150 said:
virtuenow[/USER];14203593]This is my same question. Why not suggest clarify or chelating shampoo (which remove minerals and deposits, they dont leave anything behind). Or do they just want you to spend alot of money using up the whole $30 bottle on a detox so you have to buy a second bottle. It sounds like a company running game on unsuspecting people (sorry, just being truthful).

Well they are selling organic and certified organic products. It would go against their philosophy to recommend using synthetic products and then sell you a product to remove synthetic products. They do say that you can clarify with a diluted ACV mix.

And you don't have to use the whole bottle on the detox. We just tend to be so heavy handed and over use. Its just part of the learning process. I had my mom dilute hers and she got through the whole process with 75% of the wash left.

LadyMacgyver

I noticed that my Lemon is not as thick as the lavendar.. When I put the lemon in my hands and rub it together it slipped out of my hand while the lavendar just stayed together more.. Has anyone else noticed this if you used both products.. When I used the lavendar I had to beat my bottle to death to get the product out when it was closer to the bottom.. I think for now I am a lemon fan but I might just try the others ones as well this one lady on you tube did a review of all different kinds.

faithVA

I noticed that my Lemon is not as thick as the lavendar.. When I put the lemon in my hands and rub it together it slipped out of my hand while the lavendar just stayed together more.. Has anyone else noticed this if you used both products.. When I used the lavendar I had to beat my bottle to death to get the product out when it was closer to the bottom.. I think for now I am a lemon fan but I might just try the others ones as well this one lady on you tube did a review of all different kinds.

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I did notice when I went to dilute my lemon today that it seemed thin. I will probably get the samples on the next purchase to see how they compare for me. Since I am learning how to not be as heavy handed, I don't think I will need to purchase another bottle before the end of the year.

CocoGlow

Well they are selling organic and certified organic products. It would go against their philosophy to recommend using synthetic products and then sell you a product to remove synthetic products. They do say that you can clarify with a diluted ACV mix.

And you don't have to use the whole bottle on the detox. We just tend to be so heavy handed and over use. Its just part of the learning process. I had my mom dilute hers and she got through the whole process with 75% of the wash left.

faithVA

WOW that's awesome ....

How much did your mom dilute for her to be able to go through the whole detox (about 13 washes in total) and still have 75% of her bottle left?

Was this an 8oz or 16oz bottle?

faithVA

WOW that's awesome ....

How much did your mom dilute for her to be able to go through the whole detox (about 13 washes in total) and still have 75% of her bottle left?

Was this an 8oz or 16oz bottle?

She has the 16 oz. And she took 2 oz and diluted 1 oz mud wash to 1 to 2 oz water but she used that for 2 washes. Her hair is also SL but her hair is less dense than mine so she can probably do her hair with 1oz on a regular wash where I need 2 oz. But obviously she isn't as heavy handed as I am either.

Today I did 2 oz of mud wash to 3 oz of water and that got me through 1 wash.

nakialovesshoes

Ihave completed 5 days of the detox. So far I'm in love with the mint. I will use up the lavender but I'm sold on the mint. I can feel a difference with the rinse-out results & I like the results from the mint better.

Do you guys think it will hinder my results if I use homemade flax seed gel on my hair after I rinse & a little organic rose hip seed oil to seal? I did it yesterday & today. The flax seed gives me really neat, defined curls.

faithVA

Ihave completed 5 days of the detox. So far I'm in love with the mint. I will use up the lavender but I'm sold on the mint. I can feel a difference with the rinse-out results & I like the results from the mint better.

Do you guys think it will hinder my results if I use homemade flax seed gel on my hair after I rinse & a little organic rose hip seed oil to seal? I did it yesterday & today. The flax seed gives me really neat, defined curls.

You shouldn't have any problems. Things like flax seed gel and oils rinse out of your hair easily. You should be fine.

faithVA

Trying to answer a question about greasy hair really has me appreciating how far my hair has come in the past month and how little product I have to apply to my hair now.

After my wash regimen and henna yesterday I applied a leave in, a butter to seal and a gel to hold my twists. And today no chasing moisture down. My hair is moisturized and I can run my hand down my twists and not a speck of stickness of greasiness.

Two months ago I would have applied a lot more on wash day and my twists and scalp would be dry right now and I would be rushing home to remoisturize. I am feeling very happy with my hair and my regimen right now. :yep:

nakialovesshoes

@faithVAThat's what I'm looking forward to after all of this - simplicity. I'm going to try & get away with no leave-in initially. I'm hoping that I can just spray my hair w/AV & glycerin, style with the flax seed gel & seal w/ a homemade shea butter mix.

I think I'll keep the rose hip seed oil for an occasional prepoo. I also have some white camellia oil that I need to pick up from my mailbox. Think I'll probably use that in between co-washes as a light daily treatment.

I'm going to up my stash of AO conditioners to find out what my hair likes.

Oh & I'm going to add a monthly/bi-monthly henna/indigo to my routine.

hair4today

Trying to answer a question about greasy hair really has me appreciating how far my hair has come in the past month and how little product I have to apply to my hair now.

After my wash regimen and henna yesterday I applied a leave in, a butter to seal and a gel to hold my twists. And today no chasing moisture down. My hair is moisturized and I can run my hand down my twists and not a speck of stickness of greasiness.

Two months ago I would have applied a lot more on wash day and my twists and scalp would be dry right now and I would be rushing home to remoisturize. I am feeling very happy with my hair and my regimen right now. :yep:
faithVA I remember when you started the 'Build Your Regimen' thread where you and the other posters tried to figure out what worked best for your hair. I didn't post but I learned at lot from that thread. Thinking how nice it must be for you that you've finally have your regiment nailed. Congrats on getting to this stage of your healthy hair journey.

faithVA

@faithVA I remember when you started the 'Build Your Regimen' thread where you and the other posters tried to figure out what worked best for your hair. I didn't post but I learned at lot from that thread. Thinking how nice it must be for you that you've finally have your regiment nailed. Congrats on getting to this stage of your healthy hair journey.

Thanks hair4today. I had so much stuff and I was so confused. My hair was starting to recover but I was mad guessing. It does feel good to know what works for me and to have repeatable results. I feel really confident that I will see a lot of progress in the next 6 months. :yahoo:

The only issue with getting your regimen right is then you get advanced hih disease :lol:

JC Jane

I did a second wash on Saturday so I will do the third wash day. My hair feels like straw and there has been some breakage. My hair is in a loose bun so that there is no agitation to the hair. I'll keep up with the detox and see how things go but if after the 5th wash there is no improvement I will not continue. My hair may not be strong enough to withstand the process.

faithVA

[USER=185806 said:
JC Jane[/USER];14222949]I did a second wash on Saturday so I will do the third wash day. My hair feels like straw and there has been some breakage. My hair is in a loose bun so that there is no agitation to the hair. I'll keep up with the detox and see how things go but if after the 5th wash there is no improvement I will not continue. My hair may not be strong enough to withstand the process.

How are you using it? Are you doing the 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 or are you doing 1 wash and leaving it on an extended period of time?

Are you diluting it 50/50 with water?

What are you putting on after you wash?

DesignerCurls

faithVA I am so glad to hear that you have simplified your regimen! Also thanks for post that you did a henna treatment. Because I am doing on today and was wondering if it would make my hair dry. I do plan to use a homemade deep conditioner afterwards though (I guess out of habit and I enjoy making my own hair stuff).

Since I have been using the clay wash, I found out that the other conditioners I have been using is what was cause my youngest daughter's allergies. So I am thankful to find that out! Both of my daughters' hair as well as mines is so much soft and detangling is alot easier especially for my oldest daugther (who has thick & dense 4a/b MBL hair)!

I can honestly say that doing the detox session has been different than using the clay as a monthly treatment! The monthly clay treatments left my hair well defined and silky but not soft and moist or easy to detangle. So I would suggest doing the detox even if you use your own clay mix. This has total simplified my regimen as well...I can wear a no product puff and take it out and rock a nice fluffy fro! And I don't get as nearly as much shedding as I use to get.

theNaturalWonders

i second this...the mud has really transformed my hair. i cant believe i was a skeptic before!! this past sat was my henna day and my results are amazing. henna always made my hair feel just ok but this time i could feel how my strands were strong and had thicken up. my hair even looked longer probably because the henna eliminated all frizz. i did a braid out for sunday and no lie ladies i am on 3 day hair with crazy definition. this NEVER happens to me. the color is now oxidizing to a pretty auburn. henna would do nothing to my hair color wise. i will buy the travel size cool mint to see if i like it but i am sticking with lavender and lemon.:yep:

faithVA

[USER=196278 said:
DesignerCurls[/USER];14223765]@faithVA I am so glad to hear that you have simplified your regimen! Also thanks for post that you did a henna treatment. Because I am doing on today and was wondering if it would make my hair dry. I do plan to use a homemade deep conditioner afterwards though (I guess out of habit and I enjoy making my own hair stuff).

Since I have been using the clay wash, I found out that the other conditioners I have been using is what was cause my youngest daughter's allergies. So I am thankful to find that out! Both of my daughters' hair as well as mines is so much soft and detangling is alot easier especially for my oldest daugther (who has thick & dense 4a/b MBL hair)!

I can honestly say that doing the detox session has been different than using the clay as a monthly treatment! The monthly clay treatments left my hair well defined and silky but not soft and moist or easy to detangle. So I would suggest doing the detox even if you use your own clay mix. This has total simplified my regimen as well...I can wear a no product puff and take it out and rock a nice fluffy fro! And I don't get as nearly as much shedding as I use to get.

Hope your henna treatment works out well. I use Morroco Method henna so I'm guess I'm not a true henna head. It includes conditioning items in it so I don't have to worry so much about it hardening my hair. But conditioning it afterwards and adding some oil to your conditioner should certainly help.

Glad you found out about the conditioners and the allergies. Even small things can seem so harmless sometimes. :ohwell:

And I agree with you about the difference between the detox and using it as a shampoo. It's hard to explain or believe until you actually do it. I guess I was fortunate enough to have my hair in bad enough shape where the extra was necessary. :lol: