Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

naijamerican

I am so excited to read all these good things, since mine comes today! :yay: :yay: I'm really pleased with how quickly it shipped (then again, I live in MD where it's based, so it make sense :yep:).

hair4today

For those of you who are wondering, the mud shampoo straight out of the bottle tested at a pH level of 7 which is a neutral pH similar to water. Not sure what properties of the product are contributing to the loosening effect that some are experiencing but the pH test confirms that the mud wash doesn't have the ability to permanently alter the curl pattern of hair. Relaxers that can do this have a pH of about 11 to 12.

Last edited:

AMAKA127

Has anyone notices a straightened effect? My kitchen is no longer a kitchen... my coils are gone almost like a relaxer in some areas... My hair was and is very easy to detangle, I didn't lose alot of hair and the hair is softer.

my hair isn't straightened by the product but it def detangles a lot easier tho

AMAKA127

I completed my 7 day detox sunday and my hair went through every single stage that has been mentioned in this post. The first 3 days, I applied diluted mud wash to my hair and slept with it over night with a shower cap. In the morning I washed it out and detangled in the shower and applied no product. The first couple of days my hair felt stiff and dry but I knew it was due to the layers of product. Day 4-7, I washed my hair once in the morning and and once at night and sprayed my hair down with water in the morning.

Yesterday was the first time washing my hair since sunday and again, I diluted about 3 tablespoons of mud in a spray bottle with water. I also added a couple of drops of peppermint, lavender, and rosemary oil to it and my hair feels GREAT! I twisted my hair last night with Shea Moistures curl enhancing smoothie and my hair feels awesome!

I always had an issue with the crown of my head .... GONE and I can honestly say it must have been due to this product.

As far as people having issues with shedding, I experienced this as well but I think it was the fact that I was not thoroughly rinsing out the mud from my hair. Just make sure that all the mud is rinsed out and that issue should subside. Also try diluting the product, I think the product is very potent by nature so diluting it would not lessen its effect.

JudithO

I'm amazed at how fast this thread is exploding... I really hope most of us get great results especially 4b's cos it's a love-hate relationship with our (I'll speak for myself... my) hair texture so nailing down a regimen is such a blessing... :)

LadyMacgyver

I finished my detox and I am still happy with my outcome and Using Qhemet AOHC as my moisturizer my hair is no longer dry with a bunch of products added on and still dry.. At 1st I was like this stuff is not helping with my moisture but I wasn't using something heavy enough.. The Shea moisture restortative conditioner wasn't enough I needed something thick and the AOHC did it.. I still have some pura body cupuca butter coming so I can't wait to see what that does but for right now AOHC is a winner.. Here is some styles from yesterday's hair.. I had to work in the office yesterday and one of my co-workers called me Raggedy Anne because of my curls I didn't get it and still don't.. :look:

I used Chicoro gel to sick those edges down.. I have fine edges in certain areas that flaxseed is not strong enough to hold down.. The gel left a little bit of residue on my hair but I am looking into a way to tweek the recipe a little

Attachments

• Twist Out Style (2).JPG
    Twist Out Style (2).JPG
    453.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Twist Out Style (3).JPG
    Twist Out Style (3).JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Twist Out Style (4).JPG
    Twist Out Style (4).JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Twist Out Style (5).JPG
    Twist Out Style (5).JPG
    468.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

hair4today

@ LadyMacgyver:wow:eek:h my god, your hair looks amazingly healthy and shiny. That's what I call mega watt :bling: Excuse me as I :drool:.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
My order of Left Coast Lemon was delivered yesterday and after just two uses, I have to say I'm impressed! I applied the LCL full strength to my dry, un-detangled hair in four sections, covered with a plastic cap for 45 minutes then rinsed it out in the shower. While rinsing, my hair felt silky and I was able to easily detangle with my fingers but the real test for me is how my hair feels after it dries.

I didn't have my Jilbere shower comb available at the moment but after I got out of the shower and dressed, I gently detangled with my shower comb and was amazed by how easily it glided through my hair and how little hair I had in the comb. I twisted my hair in for sections, covered my hair with a satin bonnet and let it air-dry overnight. In the morning, it still felt soft and moist, even with no product applied.

Today, after my 3 mile hill run, I again applied the LCL and covered with a plastic cap for 45 minutes. Again, mucho detangling and softness. Today, I misted (is this a word?) with AVJ, veggie glycerin and distilled water and sealed with a little Palm Butter. I noticed the mist made my hair even softer and juicier, like after my best DC! My hair is covered with a satin cap and hat for the rest of the day.

I think I will continue to use this method to apply the LCL to my hair for the next 7 days. Overall, I must say this product is amazing and will find a prime spot in my regimen! I love the smell and the way it feels on my scalp. The only drawback is the cost and the fact I can't by it on the ground. But other then this, it's MOS DEFINITELY a keeper!

lsw29

OK LADIESSS!!! I found the mud wash in a store here in ATLANTA for $15.00. She also has many other natural products I always wanted to try but refused to pay shipping. Store name Sage Naturalcuticals.
So I purchased the lemon and will start my detox tonight!!! **DOES HAPPY DANCE** ;-)

Thaks for this info. I am so excited that I can purchase this product on the ground!

nakialovesshoes

Okay because of the mud wash, I BCed last night. Well 3/4 of the way. I still have another 1/4 to go but I left my scissors on my truck so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I started detoxing & it occurred to me - why I am I wasting time/product/money on these chemical ends if I'm not planning on keeping them. And the next thing I know I was cutting.

So I have a TWA and have been hiding it from DH but I'm looking forward to my new journey.

hair4today

Okay because of the mud wash, I BCed last night. Well 3/4 of the way. I still have another 1/4 to go but I left my scissors on my truck so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I started detoxing & it occurred to me - why I am I wasting time/product/money on these chemical ends if I'm not planning on keeping them. And the next thing I know I was cutting.

So I have a TWA and have been hiding it from DH but I'm looking forward to my new journey.
Wow that's wonderful news congrats. I admire your decisiveness. Hopefully your hubbie is supportive. How did your hair feel after the mud wash? Would love to see pics of your hair post BC.

nakialovesshoes

Once I finish cutting, I will be posting pics. I don't really have much to compare to since I wasn't all natural prior to the detox. I will say that my curls are popping. My son asked me did I have a "kit" in my hair last night when I was cutting.

Oh, I cut with the clay in my hair. It was easier to distinguish the two textures since my jheri curl is so close to my natural curl pattern. I'm heavy handed & have gone through a big bottle already. I have a medium bottle of lavender & mint arriving tomorrow. I love how the lemon smells but I want to see if I'll get different results from the different flavors.

faithVA

Wow, I hope your DH loves it or you love it. But I think it is a great way to start off your fully natural journey with such a fresh start.

JC Jane

After following this thread for a few days I took the plunge and purchased the Terreessentials Clay Wash - Left Coast Lemon Formula on Monday. It arrived yesterday and today was day one of my hair detox.

A little background about myself. I am relaxed AND bleached with a color on top of that. APL, nearly BSL. My last relaxer was about 7 weeks ago. Normally I wash and DC my hair with Silicon Mix weekly then get it roller set by a friend.

So, I mixed about two and a half tablespoons of the clay wash with 4 oz. of water for each of the three washes I did back to back tonight. First, I saturated my hair with the solution and rubbed it onto my scalp. I let this sit on my hair for about 45 minutes.

Next, I washed that out and followed up with the other two washes.

After completing all three consecutive washes my hair felt gummy and looked angry, as if it were disturbed and agitated. I’ve gone through detoxes in the past so I kind of expected my hair to react a little like how the rest of my body does when it detoxes from something. I will say that I half expected it to feel the way hair feels after you’ve used a harsh clarifying shampoo but it didn’t.

As it dried, it softened up to where my hair felt like I had used a regular shampoo with a regular rinse out conditioner. HOWEVER, the difference between the traditional wash and this one for me is that I NEVER go without a leave in. EVER. Or a traditional conditioner for that matter (rinse or deep). My hair didn’t feel super moist but it did feel like I had some sort of water based leave in on it.

I began detangling a bit with my fingers but my hair clung together a bit so I left it alone and let it air dry until it was about 50% dry. Then I went back to test it with my fingers. I lost a few short bits of hair so I left it alone again until it was 75% dry.

At 75% dry detangling became so darn easy. I mean I lost less than maybe 25 hairs? And when I threw the hairs in the toilet, they just sat there! They didn’t sink like they normally do!

At 90% my hair was just hanging there on my head. Not in a flat ironed way but not it the way that my hair normally hangs when air dried. Usually, when air dried, my hair gets super frizzy, even with the best of leave ins.

I kept examining my hair quizzically because this experience was so strange. Finally I sectioned the hair into 4 and put them in bantu knots and tied it with a scarf.

My hair isn’t shiny, but I figure this is just the beginning of the detox and there must be gunk still embedded in the hair shafts. I don’t really like the scent of wash and the hair also isn’t as soft as I would like, especially the new growth but I really cant beat the fact that I lost so few hairs on this wash day. Tomorrow is another day and I can’t wait to see how my hair will feel in the morning. Not sure when I will be doing the second series of washes.

Tchanelle

Just ordered the Left Coast Lemon and the Cool Mint. I want to detox my hair before I get a sew-in so... we'll see how this goes

naijamerican

I just wanted to chime in with my two cents, too, since I tried the product when it came yesterday.

I think I did a modified detox. I actually use products that are at least 90% organic so I didn't necessarily feel that I needed a full-fledged detox. However, I have to say that I was extremely impressed with how easy it was to detangle my hair. It felt like I had conditioner in my hair, that's how easy it was to comb through it. :yep: It felt moisturized and healthy afterwards. I know that I need a trim (I'm waiting for the Fall equinox; usually I don't do stuff like that but I want to see if it works :look:) and that my ends are bad. Even so, this is the first time in all my natural days that I've been able to detangle my hair without conditioner in it or even oil in it.

I purchased the 16 oz. lavender. I will probably try the other scents. I'm going to continue using this and I'm even contemplating using it diluted when I get braids put in later on this fall. I'm impressed with how my hair and scalp feel. The scalp is particularly important to me.

JC Jane

Small update: Today my hair was not as moist and soft as I would have liked but I did achieve a decent air dried bantu knot out which is extremely rare (black diamond rare!)

I am debating on wether to use a mixture of AVG, water, ACV and oil for some shine and moisture but I think I may just stick it out and continue with the true detox process.

faithVA

After following this thread for a few days I took the plunge and purchased the Terreessentials Clay Wash - Left Coast Lemon Formula on Monday. It arrived yesterday and today was day one of my hair detox.

A little background about myself. I am relaxed AND bleached with a color on top of that. APL, nearly BSL. My last relaxer was about 7 weeks ago. Normally I wash and DC my hair with Silicon Mix weekly then get it roller set by a friend.

So, I mixed about two and a half tablespoons of the clay wash with 4 oz. of water for each of the three washes I did back to back tonight. First, I saturated my hair with the solution and rubbed it onto my scalp. I let this sit on my hair for about 45 minutes.

Next, I washed that out and followed up with the other two washes.

After completing all three consecutive washes my hair felt gummy and looked angry, as if it were disturbed and agitated. I’ve gone through detoxes in the past so I kind of expected my hair to react a little like how the rest of my body does when it detoxes from something. I will say that I half expected it to feel the way hair feels after you’ve used a harsh clarifying shampoo but it didn’t.

As it dried, it softened up to where my hair felt like I had used a regular shampoo with a regular rinse out conditioner. HOWEVER, the difference between the traditional wash and this one for me is that I NEVER go without a leave in. EVER. Or a traditional conditioner for that matter (rinse or deep). My hair didn’t feel super moist but it did feel like I had some sort of water based leave in on it.

I began detangling a bit with my fingers but my hair clung together a bit so I left it alone and let it air dry until it was about 50% dry. Then I went back to test it with my fingers. I lost a few short bits of hair so I left it alone again until it was 75% dry.

At 75% dry detangling became so darn easy. I mean I lost less than maybe 25 hairs? And when I threw the hairs in the toilet, they just sat there! They didn’t sink like they normally do!

At 90% my hair was just hanging there on my head. Not in a flat ironed way but not it the way that my hair normally hangs when air dried. Usually, when air dried, my hair gets super frizzy, even with the best of leave ins.

I kept examining my hair quizzically because this experience was so strange. Finally I sectioned the hair into 4 and put them in bantu knots and tied it with a scarf.

My hair isn’t shiny, but I figure this is just the beginning of the detox and there must be gunk still embedded in the hair shafts. I don’t really like the scent of wash and the hair also isn’t as soft as I would like, especially the new growth but I really cant beat the fact that I lost so few hairs on this wash day. Tomorrow is another day and I can’t wait to see how my hair will feel in the morning. Not sure when I will be doing the second series of washes.

Thanks for the update. Was interested in how it worked with relaxed hair. My hair also had that gummy feeling. It lasted until day 4 of the detox and then it went away.

theNaturalWonders

my my has this thread grown:grin:

faithVA have you heard back from them regarding the discount?? (can't read the prior pages at the moment so if you did and mentioned it i am sorry)

faithVA

[USER=324781 said:
theNaturalWonders[/USER];14195873]my my has this thread grown:grin:

@faithVA have you heard back from them regarding the discount?? (can't read the prior pages at the moment so if you did and mentioned it i am sorry)

No I haven't. And I sent them a follow up email on Wednesday. No response so far.

theNaturalWonders

small update: so i didn't have enough time to finish out the week long detox but i honestly believe because i kept the mud in for 2 hours the first day and an hour the next day that it sped up the process...i knew by the 5th day that my hair was okay. i am going to wash today as a regular wash day and just keep doing that until it gets cold enough to stretch it to 2 weeks

sooo i have been rocking a braid out all week and my hair is very much defined...normally my braidouts only last a day but this is my 4th day hair and it still looks good! i can go a few more days but i prefer not too...i am going to either use henna tomorrow or my caramel treatment~i am so excited on how the results will come out now that my hair has been detoxified(sp) i will report back

.:Eden:.

Detox Day 1:
-Used 1oz of mud and mixed with 3oz of water
-Was only able to wash twice
-Scalp has cool sensation, but still have build up (when I scratch w/ nail it's dirty still)
-Hair feels sticky, and is heavy (used dax on my last wash to seal, maybe I should of clarified and then detoxed the following wash week:scratchch)
-Stickiness makes it hard to detangle, unless under running water
-Slight ashiness (seems like I didn't get all the mud off...I think:perplexed)

Not sure how I feel right now, but I'm optimistic. I really feel I should have clarified and then detoxed later. I know I have a few layers of mineral oil and petroleum on my hair. Ugh, I don't want to waste product detoxing so I may sit with it for a while tomorrow.

ETA: FAQ said hair may be sticky, until detox is complete.

Detox Day 2:
-Diluted mix 50:50, only used 1oz
-Sticky/tacky feeling has gone
-I get a better clean washing over the sink
-Applicator bottle works great for application
-Haven't applied any product afterwards
-Hair still ashy looking

Detox Day 3:
-Skipped two days in between detoxes, too tired
-Left mud on overnight by accident
-Applied directly to wet twists, didn't unravel just squished it in, way easier :yep:
-Hair feels fluffier, a bit softer, and has lost its ashiness :rolleyes:
-Removing shed hair is easier
-Tempted to end detox, but I will wash tomorrow (too tired)

I'll know if it really works when I go back to moisturizing. I'm going to start with just AVG and EVCO or EVOO or I'll try Oyin Hair Dew or Qhemet CTDG. My hair DOES NOT hold moisture so we'll see.

Fhrizzball

Question? Does anyone know if Tresemme Natural conditioner contains plastic and the like? That's my staple leave in and I would be tempted to take the TE plunge if the Tresemme Naturals line was passable as a nearly natural product.