Long hair ladies, can I live vicariously through you?

PureSilver

Nice thread EM! I hope one day my hair can cover the cleavage in my breasts too lol but the real reason I want longer hair is for all the haters that really don't think my hair will grow..they look at me all crazy when I talk about deep conditioning and protective styling. But when I'm MBL they are gonna want all my secrets! The thing I look forward too the most is having shoulder length spiral curls or APL curly rollersets :love2:

Im so with you on this one. I can't wait, i can't wait!!

PureSilver

Girl please I'm not helping emancipate nobody once I get long hair I:lachen:'ve been trying for the past 3yrs to pass on information that I've learned from this site and all they do is laugh:ohwell:. So don't start asking once you see my hair blowing in the wind.:rolleyes:

too darn funny:lachen::lachen::lachen:

PureSilver

eGirl please I'm not helping emancipate nobody once I get long hair :lachen:I've been trying for the past 3yrs to pass on information that I've learned from this site and all they do is laugh:ohwell:. So don't start asking once you see my hair blowing in the wind.:rolleyes:

Too darn funny, laughed so hard i cried. You speak truth whn u say u've been telling them and they just won't listen or can't be bothered. My Little sister has curlier hair than i do and i can't wait till my hair reaches SL/APL then she be really asking me for tips or i might just see my products finishing way faster than they normally do.

JFK

Just keeping this thread alive. Thanks for the pic LadyP! It really re-energized me in my hair journey.

NaturalBeauty, you are too much. You need to be a comedic writer of some sort LOL. I love reading your posts.

caribeandiva

Human being
Just keeping this thread alive. Thanks for the pic LadyP! It really re-energized me in my hair journey.

NaturalBeauty, you are too much. You need to be a comedic writer of some sort LOL. I love reading your posts.
I second that! NaturalBeauty, your posts are hilarious. Post more stories please!!

PureSilver

I remember being at the salon last week to get a relaxer. It was a Saturday, and due to my stylist over-booking her clients as usual, it was pretty packed. My hair was 22 wks post and I looked like I had a lion mane, lol! It was a big tangled mess.

A couple of them commented on how much hair I had, but most of them kept looking with that disgusted look on their faces. Once my hair was texlaxed and detangled I could feel the stares as I sat in my stylist's chair.

On this particular Saturday, the ladies heard me mention to another that I was running late for my aunt's funeral (my stylist's fault). At this point, I needed a dryer but all were occupied. I'd like to mention that two were occupied by short haired (thin NL) ladies who'd been under the dryer FOREVER. My stylists said, "Ya'll should be done." So I'm standing there hoping that someone would just move to a regular seat. One poked her head out and said, "You can have this one for a fee!" Another chick replied, "Girl, you crazy!" Then they high fived each other :rolleyes:.

I ended up eventually having to get under a dryer that was practically useless. My intentions were to get it flatironed and dusted. I ended up going to the funeral with a damp head. To my surprise, I ended up getting plenty of compliments on my big, beautiful, healthy head of hair.

Meanwhile, they got a lil' temporary satisfaction at my expense. I must admit that my satisfaction was realizing that the "joke" was on them...sitting there with about 36 strands of overprocessed, uneven, severely damaged, brittle hair:lachen:

PRICELESS!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Janet'

I flat ironed this week for a length check. Though my hair anorexia has me feeling like I have a TWA, I can see from the reactions I get (esp from men :grin: ) that my hair is pretty long and special. Nothing beats seeing a man get stars in his eyes :dizzy: :love: when the wind blows through your hair!

Now THAT'S some LONG HAIR :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Love the expression, too!!!

PureSilver

I'm so inspired with all these wonderful stories, can't wait to get my new phone with camera so i can take pics all the time. I'd love to inspire some1 someday and yes have that swaggin hair like some of you ladies on here do. Oh i'm too looking forward to the glares and stank eye stares from those crazy green eyed women.....smh, LP, DLEWIS, SUMMER, JANET(loving those highlights), too many to name but all the long haired Divas here thumbs up cause you've given me much hope.

luvbighair

OK, I'll share lol...(FYI: my hair is not "LHCF long")

So, this is my first semester at a majority-white school and I'm usually PS'ing. For the first part of the semester, I was in a weave. And when I took that out, I'm twisted and bunned on a regular basis. Like, my ends haven't seen the world for a few months.

Well, I'm BSL natural and my hair is pretty thick (i slack on my LHCF pics, so just take my word for it lol), so I decided to blow-dry my hair for change.

I blowdried it and put it in two french braids. [sidenote: although I'm a 4B natural, my hair responds well to heat, so it gets relatively straight w/lots of body doing this <----just the way I like it :D] Later on that day, I went to watch the boxing fight with some of my white guy friends. Before I left, I undid the braids, so I was left with realllllly pretty soft waves that fell nicely w/ body at APL.

When I walked into the apartment, 8 eyes were looking at me LOL. It was so funny because they've NEVER seen my hair out so they probably didn't know I had so much of it. I was acting like it was a regular day lol, like "what are yall looking at?" They're like, "your hair...." (eyes fixed). One of them said, "its like, volum...voluminous" lol. I'm like oh yea, I have alot of hair. "You never wear it out." Nope. "It's niiiiice." lol, thx guys.

Right before that, I went somewhere with 3 of my black guy friends. I walked in (real regular of course lol) and they're like

Black guy friends: "You have alotta hair"
Me: (nonchalant reply) uh huh.
Black guy friends: why don't you wear it out more??!
Me: cuz I'm trying to grow it out and it's realy cold, so I dont want my hair to break off.
Black guy friends: oh...can I touch it?
Me: um, sure.
Black guy friends: feels niiiice.
Me: thanks.

HHG Ladies :)

Last edited:

HairTemptress

this thread is giving me LIFE

bumpidy bump bump

i need to read more im gonna have stories for you ladies after Christmas when i relax after a 4mo stretch....i think im MBL yall...yea!!!..lol.

kinkylove

:Ya'll know what? Here's what I want to do one day (I'm between NL and SL currently, aiming for APL or longer):

1. Be (with girlfriends of course) in a store trying on a coat/shirt/jacket and be wearing my hair down and have to dramatically flip my hair from underneath the coat/shirt/jacket. I want my friends, salesgirls, errybody watchin'!!

2. Have people ask, "Is that all your hair?" on the regular

3. Go to the beauty shop and have a roller set on the *gasp* big gray rollers

4. Get long enough to have to shampoo & condition in sections

5. Make big, beautiful, moisturized, neat and professional buns to wear to work and accessorize w/ cute hair goodies

6. And of course, I've got plenty of X- rated fantasies but I can't get started on that in public:blush:

*sigh* A girl can dream...GR8 THREAD:yep:

LOVE IT!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

exoticmommie

exoticmommie, your hair is gawgus!
share stories! no holding out O..P.

Thanks again! :kiss:

I guess I have a story to share, it's not about long hair though, (since I am right at APL, I won't claim it till I am past it) it's more so about healthy hair. When I went home for the holidays. Everyone kept asking me if that is my real hair, or if it was all of my hair. And then asked about my hair care practices, and then when I would tell that I still relaxed every 3 months. Their mouth would drop. They said it was so full and healthy. They would then ask what I used and how long I left it on for. (MizaniBB mild and 20 minutes) One of my aunts who is natural just stared at me for a minute in shock. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad though. LOL!

My father in law, was on of the many folks who is asked me if that was my real hair. And I was like yes, and he said yeah, cause you paid for it right? And then laughed. I looked at him like this :sad:, and said no it's all my hair. And he was like I was just joking.

Really now? :ohwell: I told my mom and she said he wasn't joking, until he saw your face. LOL.

Janet, how come you aren't sharing stories, or did I miss something. :spank:

NaturalBeauty<3

. I looked at him like this :sad:, and said no it's all my hair. And he was like I was just joking.

Really now? :ohwell: I told my mom and she said he wasn't joking, until he saw your face. LOL.

Janet, how come you aren't sharing stories, or did I miss something. :spank:

lmbo! hey doesn't it feel amazing to reach a goal? lol reading the first post of this thread, you salivated for apl..I love it!

n janet is being ridiculous with her hair anorexia! lol.

Last edited:

exoticmommie

lmbo! hey doesn't it feel amazing to reach a goal? lol reading the first post of this thread, you salivated for apl..I love it!

n janet is being ridiculous with her hair anorexia! lol.

Yes it does!! But it's kinda like you don't believe it. That's why I can't believe it till it is past it.

And Janet needs to get it together, and come back with some stories so we can salivate. :drool:

LOL.

Janet'

Yes it does!! But it's kinda like you don't believe it. That's why I can't believe it till it is past it.

And Janet needs to get it together, and come back with some stories so we can salivate. :drool:LOL.

Girl...I'm telling you, I can't really share too much because everyone around me adds to my hairnorexia:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

Seriously, as I commented in a previous thread, my friends and family, those that I would think would notice my growth look at my hair (when it's straightened) and I'm so excited about the growth and they say to me, "'Girl, it's pretty, but it's always been long"- This- coming from my mom and she knows good and well that I haven't had hair down to my brastrap since I was in early high school (over 15 years ago)...I was full SL for ages...I don't get it...

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone sometimes because they make me feel like I'm going crazy...So, ladies...no stories till I reach WL...Sorry!!!:nono::nono::nono: I just don't think that my hair is long...I know...But I'm LOVING ya'lls stories though!!!

exoticmommie

Girl...I'm telling you, I can't really share too much because everyone around me adds to my hairnorexia:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

Seriously, as I commented in a previous thread, my friends and family, those that I would think would notice my growth look at my hair (when it's straightened) and I'm so excited about the growth and they say to me, "'Girl, it's pretty, but it's always been long"- This- coming from my mom and she knows good and well that I haven't had hair down to my brastrap since I was in early high school (over 15 years ago)...I was full SL for ages...I don't get it...

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone sometimes because they make me feel like I'm going crazy...So, ladies...no stories till I reach WL...Sorry!!!:nono::nono::nono: I just don't think that my hair is long...I know...But I'm LOVING ya'lls stories though!!!

That is weird. To me it comes off as if instead of trying to acknowledge your progress and and congratulate you. They are trying to basically, diminish it. It's a good way to say it's pretty, and then KIM.

Well I am hoping you get to WL soon! So you can finally come and share stories. I am mad though you won't share at least one. :wallbash:

What will you do when you hit WL and you have new stories to tell, to where you forget the old ones. You should share them all! :yep:

Janet'

That is weird. To me it comes off as if instead of trying to acknowledge your progress and and congratulate you. They are trying to basically, diminish it. It's a good way to say it's pretty, and then KIM.

Well I am hoping you get to WL soon! So you can finally come and share stories. I am mad though you won't share at least one. :wallbash:

What will you do when you hit WL and you have new stories to tell, to where you forget the old ones. You should share them all! :yep:

Don't worry!!! I will remember them all and I won't mind sharing!!!!LOL!:yep::yep:

brg240

:lol: lol Janet my fam is like that too. They finally acknowledge my long hair recently (well who knows since i trimmed though) but before I was like look i'm waist length and they were like umm that's not waist length (hl =wl to them) you've always had long hair so, why are you so excited? My fams perspection is very different from others.

oh I've missed church gor a couple of months and someone was asking my mom about me she said 'where is the little girl (i am 22)with the long pretty hair' :rofl: abd last time I was at church I had someone tell me 'next time i see you'll be sitting on all that hair.'

Oh and a couple of weeks ago I had my hand resting on my hip and i flipped it up and I could grab my hair without moving it.

Last edited:

D.Lisha

Omg this is my same scenario! When I reach WL, its gonna b on and poppin!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

LushLox

My hair is only at APL so not long by any means. But I get a lot of people, black, white, asian telling me how healthy my hair is. I get a lot of:-

"Your hair is so shiny, how do you do that" and
"Your hair looks so soft and healthy" and
"Your hair looks like it's weave" :look:

I was talking to this guy who just assumed my hair was weave. My roots were straigtened and just a few loose curls at the ends. When I revealed that my hair is mine he said. "wow that's very impressive considering all I ever see on black women are weaves. At least that's one thing you're not paying tax for." I laughed. :lol:

nakialovesshoes

Mine isn't the typical type story for this thread. My granny that I lived with until I was 5 & is sooo special to me was so upset the 1st time I cut my hair when I was a teenager. She has had a permanent bald spot since before I was born b/c of her nerves & has always worn a wig.

She's old school & thinks that women should never cut their hair. The last time I was at my mom's I flat ironed my hair in the same room she was in watching t.v. I kept catching her staring at me. I was like grandma, what's wrong? She was like, "your hair sure is pretty and long. I don't think it was that long even when you were little. You're not gonna cut it are you?"

It made me feel good that grandma got some enjoyment from my hair & her compliment meant the world to me.

beans4reezy

So funny, when I first started growing my hair- all I would hear from my cousins were jokes about how I am doing all this nonsense to my hair and I was still bald. Well, the other day- I was at church and my hair was fully straightened. I'm only APL now, but one of my cousins pulled me aside, calling me Repunzel, and asked me what I was doing to make my hair grow so long. After I wrote down a reggie for her, she said she and my other cousin were joking about my hair. I was bracing myself for the negativity when she said, "we were saying that your hair is so long now- next week when we see you at church, your hair will be down to your waist."

I went from being the butt of all jokes because I had no hair, to being the butt of jokes because I have long hair. I can dig it!