Long hair ladies, can I live vicariously through you?

That's a good idea... but I wonder if they'll take used wigs? Most of mine are very lightly used. If anyone knows a newbie who wants my old wigs... let me know. If they are here I'm tempted to wear them. I need to go cold turkey! :armyhat:

And thank you for the compliment! :blush3:

i know i dun said i want some wigs!!!! :wallbash:

When I swim my hair tickles my armpits. I have to wear a ponytail in the pool. I'm always the only black person swimming because I am not afraid to get my hair wet.
:lachen::lachen: i can see other women poolside givin' you the stank eye!

But if you don't mind, can you tell about the drunk people. Some ladies may also need some tips on that as well.
Ladies and gents, please do not wear your long hair out in front of drunk people. As you know, being drunk makes you see things that are not there. This is a drunk person's perception of a woman with BSL hair:

Crystal-Gayle-Hair.jpg

(Picture is of Crystal Gayle)

Ladies and gents, please do not wear your long hair out in front of drunk people. As you know, being drunk makes you see things that are not there. This is a drunk person's perception of a woman with BSL hair:

Crystal-Gayle-Hair.jpg

OT:
Not many women look good with hair that long but she definitely does!

Crystal-Gayle-Hair.jpg

So they try to grab it like a small child?

How do you handle the people who follow you around "investigating"?

Hey caribeandiva-- your hair is getting longer! I just say hello to people that keep staring. It's hard for me because I am extremely shy. I tell people my regimen (wash 1x week, no bone straight relaxing, oiling hair) and they sometimes look at me like "Never mind, I'll just buy my hair."

Oh well... *insert white girl hair toss*

Hey caribeandiva-- your hair is getting longer! I just say hello to people that keep staring. It's hard for me because I am extremely shy. I tell people my regimen (wash 1x week, no bone straight relaxing, oiling hair) and they sometimes look at me like "Never mind, I'll just buy my hair."

Oh well... *insert white girl hair toss*
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

some people are so cynical that they won't believe you no matter what you tell them.

Oh and thanks for the compliment! :blush:

Im not sure how great this story is but my sister is really good friends with this white girl..Shes seen me with setters in my hair, with pincurls, deep conditioning with a shower cap and with a tie head on... so needless to say she seen me and my hair in all kinds of stages...lol.

So we go to the movies on friday and i have my hair in a very messy bun..and i stress messy, my hair is 5-6 mo post relaxer my waves were popping on that day though..lol. So i get in the car and i see her eyeing my bun in the car, and when we were in line to get tickets.

Finally on the walk to the theater she stops and goes "your bun is thick, how long is your hair?"...and i was really shocked like what... she was like " your bun is thick how long is your hair?"... so i show her on my backwith my hands that my hair is like BSL and her eyes bug out and shes like "really?..i dont believe you..lol" i was like ok youll see when i relax my hair for my birthday..

So i guess my bun was popping, i dont know what she was seeing because my bun was scraggelly looking. My hair seems thin because my new growth is so thick.My hair was puffy and wouldnt lay down flat on my head, the 'kitchen' is all curls and wont lay down either, i had a lot of fly aways. I dont know WHAT she saw..lol.

I don't have a story. I was just looking at some old pictures of my hair and I wanted to post the pictures.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

2007 - is this nape length or just bald? LOL

Oct4.jpg

2010 - Me now

DSC09328.JPG

Let me tell ya'll...i read Jozze's post and OMG....she is SO correct!!

Once your hair gets really long....you find out about who your real girl friends are! I had moved out of my house for almost a month to go live with a good friend....i would have moved in with my bff but the other friend had a guest room in her house.

So anyway...i had to stay a week w/ my bff bc the other friend went to N Carolina w/her mom and her dad stayed so.....ye-no:nono: lol...the whole week when i was with my bff....everytime we went somewhere ppl commented on how long it was...how thick it was.....her other bff just fell in love with my hair and was like she wanted hair like mine....and my bff even remarked that my hair was SO annoying!!

I loved how that one day we went swimming and i went underwater and came back up and her uncle....who's old enough to be my bf:grin:...went "WOOOOOOWWWWW....that's all her hair!??" Asking my bff's mom....i had it in a bun bc i didn't want negative reations from anybody bc i knew it would be flowing all over the place:laugh:

I like swimming with my hair loose tho....i felt like a mermaid:D

I don't have a story. I was just looking at some old pictures of my hair and I wanted to post the pictures.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

2007 - is this nape length or just bald? LOL

Oct4.jpg

2010 - Me now

DSC09328.JPG

So much can happen in just three short years! Your progress is nothing short of amazing. Seeing your pics fill me with soooo much hope:yep:.

my brother had me cracking up the other day. it was hella windy outside and i was still wearing my roller set out. and i was telling him something and in the middle of my sentence my brother interrupts and says something about my hair looking like pocahontas. i got an immediate visual and fell out

pocahontas-39.jpg

So much can happen in just three short years! Your progress is nothing short of amazing. Seeing your pics fill me with soooo much hope:yep:.

ITA her hair is amazing. :drool:

my brother had me cracking up the other day. it was hella windy outside and i was still wearing my roller set out. and i was telling him something and in the middle of my sentence my brother interrupts and says something about my hair looking like pocahontas. i got an immediate visual and fell out

pocahontas-39.jpg

You know you got it going on, when others call you Pocahontas.

Im not sure how great this story is but my sister is really good friends with this white girl..Shes seen me with setters in my hair, with pincurls, deep conditioning with a shower cap and with a tie head on... so needless to say she seen me and my hair in all kinds of stages...lol.

So we go to the movies on friday and i have my hair in a very messy bun..and i stress messy, my hair is 5-6 mo post relaxer my waves were popping on that day though..lol. So i get in the car and i see her eyeing my bun in the car, and when we were in line to get tickets.

Finally on the walk to the theater she stops and goes "your bun is thick, how long is your hair?"...and i was really shocked like what... she was like " your bun is thick how long is your hair?"... so i show her on my backwith my hands that my hair is like BSL and her eyes bug out and shes like "really?..i dont believe you..lol" i was like ok youll see when i relax my hair for my birthday..

So i guess my bun was popping, i dont know what she was seeing because my bun was scraggelly looking. My hair seems thin because my new growth is so thick.My hair was puffy and wouldnt lay down flat on my head, the 'kitchen' is all curls and wont lay down either, i had a lot of fly aways. I dont know WHAT she saw..lol.

I don't know why that kinda bugged me even though it seems it was all in fun.

Just make sure you show all that hair off next time you see her. :grin:

First let me just say, I can't WAIT until I can talk about feeling like a MERMAID or be compared to POCAHONTAS! WHAT?!! Oh, I have work ta do. :lick:

BostonMARIA, your growth and hair are off the chain. of course, it looks like your hair was pretty when it was short too tho. :yep:

Still no cool stories at add (they are coming though, give it time)...Just wanted Lady P to know she and her new baby look absolutely beautiful in that siggy photo! I hope I am glowing just half as much when I deliver :)

:rofl: LMAO at being called Pocahontas!!! :gorgeous:

Still no cool stories at add (they are coming though, give it time)...Just wanted Lady P to know she and her new baby look absolutely beautiful in that siggy photo! I hope I am glowing just half as much when I deliver :)

I was gonna say the same thing.

Lady P you look beautiful. Gosh,after I had my baby I was looking a hot swollen, mess. :lachen::lachen:

I looked good with every pregnancy until the day I had the baby, it's like I had no swelling until my water broke. :nono:

@exoticmommie: yea it was all in good fun, shes cool people. She didnt mean it maliciously. When i straighten my hair for my birthday i will be soing a hair flip around her..lol.

aww look at the boo boo! Lady p, how the heck did you manage to look all glowy after having the baby? hair lookin all detangled:lachen: i looked an absolute mess!

aww look at the boo boo! Lady p, how the heck did you manage to look all glowy after having the baby? hair lookin all detangled:lachen: i looked an absolute mess!

I know, right?! Lady P, you look beautiful!!! And this pic of you and baby is so sweet. Congratulations and good job, mama.

so i just came from walking dogs. i walked the older one 1st who happens to be a chow mixed.

we walked past the pool at my complex and there were a whole heap of kids out side and they all come running up to the gate yelling about the "puppy" (who by the way is an 11 y/o 50lb jerk face lol far from a puppy) when the smallest one of them all screams

"ma'am, is that a lion?" lol
i say "no she's a dog" and he goes
"MOM!!! THE PUPPY LOOKS LIKE THE LION KING!!!"
then he looks up at me with his big blue eyes at my wng and screams "YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE THE LION KING TOO!!!"

i fell out laughing as i see the kids mom's face go from a grin (about my dog being a lion) to this mortified face and she runs up, covers his mouth and starts to apologies like i've never seen before.

i just laugh and say "dont worry, i work hard on my mane and for it to be compared to the lion king is a compliment" she smiled with a confused look in her eye and said thank you and walked away, and you can tell that kid was getting "the talk" through her teeth lmao... good day, good day!

I'm vacationing in Los Angeles right now. My DD and I were in the hotel pool and I let my hair down while I was swimming. A happy moment was when I was swimming and I could feel my hair down my back. For the first time I felt my long hair tickle my arms and somehow get near my armpits :lachen: Which made it hard to swim since it distracted me. I had to put my hair in a ponytail cuz it was freaking me out.

Back