I need immediate help! Hair emergency

MissMed07

So long story short, my hair is starting to smell of mildew under my weave. My hood dryer broke a few weeks ago and I thought it would be ok to air dry. Obviously not. I will be buying a new good dryer tomorrow. Any tips on how to get the smell out? It's faint but I hate it and don't want it to get worse. I was planning on leaving my weave in for two more weeks.

JudithO

If taking the weave out it not an option... maybe shampoo, condition, and braid the weave hair in different individual braids so air can get into the scalp?

CurlyMoo

I would suggest taking the weave out immediately. Wash your hair and wash your weave. Did you put the weave in while your hair was still wet?

Evolving78

take the weave out. you have a fungus. you need to wash your hair and remove buildup. give yourself an ACV rinse. next time, make sure you dry your hair all the way through.

LilMissRed

I agree OP... u should def take the weave out immediately and do a thorough wash/rinse w/acv to make sure u get all of the mildew out of ur hair and off of ur scalp

MissMed07

i was afriad you guys would say take it out. my sister is going to cut it out tonight and I am having it done professionally tomorrow.

after I remove the weave tonight I am gonna wash and deep condition. Never done an apple cider vinegar wash, but heard its effective. what is the cider to water ratio?

Adaoba2012

When I do an ACV rinse I do one capful to 4 cups of water and that seems to work for me...my hair always feels great afterwards :yep:

virtuenow

MissMed07 what did you put in your hair? I mean, did you wash it or put braid spray in it? How long have you had these extensions in? What is your hair regimen while in extensions? How often do you wash? I'm curious to know the answers in order to help myself and others in the future who may do installs.

MsLauren

TAKE IT OUT!!!
that mildew could lead to an infection!
I seen it happen before and to be on the safe side i would just remove it completely.