Hair Emergency!!!!

Distorted Barbie

Hi ladies....I don't post often, but I am having an emergency. I am 20 weeks post (transitioning after a terrible relaxer at a Dominican salon in Boston * but that's a whole 'nother story) Anyways, I've been cowashing frequently, and just bought a curly wig (Inspired by Ediese's FABULOUS weave)... I cowashed today and My hair has so many knots. I don't wanna cut this HUGE clump out, so I'm trying to figure out what to do...I am currently DCing with Miss Keys 10 in 1. I already tried Johnson and Johnson No More Tangles, but it won't wirk on this spot...

I really don't want to cut it out.I'm not ready to BC and I already got a major haircut into a Cute bob in March and went from almost BSL to just above the shoulder...

Sry for the long post, PLS HELP!!!

Last edited:

msa

Oil, a good comb/fork/pick, and patience.

Keep all the sections you've already detangled braided up so that they don't get knotted again. Then saturate the area with oil, let it sit for awhile, and then go to work. Be patient and gentle.

Do you know how you got the knot in the first place? How did you wear your hair under the wig?

Distorted Barbie

Oil, a good comb/fork/pick, and patience.

Keep all the sections you've already detangled braided up so that they don't get knotted again. Then saturate the area with oil, let it sit for awhile, and then go to work. Be patient and gentle.

Do you know how you got the knot in the first place? How did you wear your hair under the wig?

Thanks...I had my hair in a couple of braids/ plaits... I think i may have gotten the knots from a new conditioner. I used Mane and Tail Deep Mositurizng Conditioner for the first time

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Before rinsing the Miss Key out, gently detangle the knotted section. Take your time and be gentle, pulling the knot apart strand by strand if you have to. If your hair starts drying out, put on more conditioner or spray it water. Keep it wet and slippery. Don't panic.

Lucky's Mom

No panicking!!!! Get aloe vera and oil to gently detangle!!!

and as Tiff and MSA said - braid up the section you have detangled.

Distorted Barbie

I tried everything u ladies said...Thx for the support...Most of the knots came out, but the major one was too resistant. I doused it in all types of conditioner, coconut oil, and even biosilk. It DID NOT budge. I used my jibere comb, the end of a rattail comb, and my denman. The denman seemed to pull my hair out :( I cut the knot. I will definitely be wearing wigs and braids this summer. *On a positive note, at least I am able to see my texture on the part I snipped (Yes, the knot was THAT high up) !!!

Kacie

^ Next time wait until the resistant knots are dry then try to detangle it one strand at time.

ETA: Wash in sections if you're not already doing so. Split the hair straight down the middle and split each side further if you desire. That way in the shower you turn to the left and then right under the water flow.

msa

I tried everything u ladies said...Thx for the support...Most of the knots came out, but the major one was too resistant. I doused it in all types of conditioner, coconut oil, and even biosilk. It DID NOT budge. I used my jibere comb, the end of a rattail comb, and my denman. The denman seemed to pull my hair out :( I cut the knot. I will definitely be wearing wigs and braids this summer. *On a positive note, at least I am able to see my texture on the part I snipped (Yes, the knot was THAT high up) !!!

That sucks that you couldn't get it out. But like you said there's a positive side so that's great.

Make sure you don't let your hair get knotted up anymore!

TonicaG

TonicaG
I agree with the other ladies, patience and something very slippery - try Cowboy Magic, that's a very good detangler on wet or dry hair.