hair emergency -- please help.. ihave to go out toay

Inches411

hair emergency -- please help.. i have to go out today

okay i been up since 7 in the morning doing my hair.. i tried to do a mild protein followed by a deep moisturizing conditioner.. and i cant comb through my tangles and i see too much hair in the tub... so i decided to chelate/clarifying then deep conditionign agian.. i rinsed out and my hair is a tangled mess... and now im stuck my hair is hard and i dunno what to do iimma try deep conditioning again.. im so sad....

please someone help me.. thanks

update now im under the dryer with another deep conditioner trying to see if this works.. I do my hair often and even when im many weeks post i can get my comb to glide through my hair..i dont understand....

Last edited:

HoneyDew

What conditioners did you use. I can't see a mild protein doing that because of the protein itself. Was this a new conditioner for you? What about the moisturizing one, what did you use.

HoneyDew

Re: hair emergency -- please help.. i have to go out today

update now im under the dryer with another deep conditioner trying to see if this works.. I do my hair often and even when im many weeks post i can get my comb to glide through my hair..i dont understand....

I think we have all be through it.

I had this happen to me once and it is amazing how something like this can bring you down. My problem was mineral build up from my water and no-lye relaxer use. That is when I realized I need to chelate or use products with chelators in them. That day i tried everything and nothing worked until I washed with Kenra Chelating shampoo. It was like a new head of hair.

See I had stopped using that one, not knowing that it was actually helping me, to use Kenra 1st Lather, which has NO chelating ingredients at all. After about 3 weeks using that, on that bad wash day, my hair was hard, dull looking and even kinda brassy looking. But that made me aware that I need to watch my water quality.

You will work this out.

Inches411

What conditioners did you use. I can't see a mild protein doing that because of the protein itself. Was this a new conditioner for you? What about the moisturizing one, what did you use.

i used aphoghee shampoo and then some roux... protein conditioner..( maybe thats not mild..opps... dang) but i did follow up with ors.... when that didnt work i used ao... then i had to use ors shampooo to clarifying... then i used the ors again to deep condition.. then i try to rinse out and it still didnt work.. now im trying to olive oil conditioner i got the bbs store.. and crossing my fingers

Inches411

umm what should i do.. i dont have the kenra chelating.. all i have is ors..and it worked before when i had a similar problem but not today.... i might have to run out the house to the store to find one.. my day all off wack now..

HoneyDew

i used aphoghee shampoo and then some roux... protein conditioner..( maybe thats not mild..opps... dang) but i did follow up with ors.... when that didnt work i used ao... then i had to use ors shampooo to clarifying... then i used the ors again to deep condition.. then i try to rinse out and it still didnt work.. now im trying to olive oil conditioner i got the bbs store.. and crossing my fingers

Which ORS? I think that overall that is a lot of protein - everything you named has loads of protein in it, even the aphogee shampoo.

Which olive oil conditioner? a cholesterol one? That would be nice.

HoneyDew

umm what should i do.. i dont have the kenra chelating.. all i have is ors..and it worked before when i had a similar problem but not today.... i might have to run out the house to the store to find one.. my day all off wack now..

Your problem may not be the same though.

Apparently the ORS is chelating though.

hmmm, this is something else.

Let's see what the Olive Oil conditioner does.

Inches411

Which ORS? I think that overall that is a lot of protein - everything you named has loads of protein in it, even the aphogee shampoo.

Which olive oil conditioner? a cholesterol one? That would be nice.

organic root stimulator conditioner... yes right now im using an olive oil cholesterol... u think this might help....?

Esq.2B

Did you use a moisturizing shampoo after you used the ORS shampoo?

I find that if I don't follow up with a moisturizing poo like CON, after I clarify/chelate, no matter what conditioner I use, my hair stays tangled.

Do you have any cream of nature shampoo on hand?

Inches411

honey dew.. is cholesterol a protein ?... umm im under the dryer now and rubbing my hair over the plastic and its feeling good.. i really hope this works...

Inches411

Did you use a moisturizing shampoo after you used the ORS shampoo?

I find that if I don't follow up with a moisturizing poo like CON, after I clarify/chelate, no matter what conditioner I use, my hair stays tangled.

Do you have any cream of nature shampoo on hand?

YES!!!!!!!!! i used the soft sheen carson one.. the one every talks about.. it help get it a bit soft but not much

nope i dont have creme of nature for some reason i never liked it..

likewtr4chklit

Awww sorry you're going through this hun. But from wha you named you are using protein on top of protein. HSR seems to be the only moisturizing product you used. Maybe you should try satruating your hair with a mixture of HSR and pure olive oil, and then do 30minutes under the dryer.

Inches411

Awww sorry you're going through this hun. But from wha you named you are using protein on top of protein. HSR seems to be the only moisturizing product you used. Maybe you should try satruating your hair with a mixture of HSR and pure olive oil, and then do 30minutes under the dryer.

yea last week i had a simiar problem i used the aphoghee shampoo then the two minute reconstructor... and i had the same problem... hmmm.. i might have to trash the shampoo.. i think that was the culprit.. what do you guys think?

HoneyDew

organic root stimulator conditioner... yes right now im using an olive oil cholesterol... u think this might help....?

Well they have the Mayo one and the Replenishing one - both with protein, but both mild, in my opinion.

No matter though. I think you using something else is moving on towards a solution.

Cholesterol is not a protein, but some of the brands out there do add protein. There are just so many Olive oil conditioners out was just trying to see which on you are using.

Irresistible

The ORS is protein too, plus chelating and clarifying on already dry brittle protein overloaded hair is only going to furthur strip moisture and make all your hair join together in massive tangles

at this point you need a moisturizing conditioner and oils-lots of oil

no more clarifying or protein:nono:

HoneyDew

yea last week i had a simiar problem i used the aphoghee shampoo then the two minute reconstructor... and i had the same problem... hmmm.. i might have to trash the shampoo.. i think that was the culprit.. what do you guys think?

Don't trash it. Just use if after a touch up (if you are relaxed) or when you know you need a bit of protein. Maybe using it all the time is not good for you.

And that ORS shampoo is not stripping. It chelates, but I don't think it is clarifying at all. It is actually pretty moisturizing.

Inches411

Well they have the Mayo one and the Replenishing one - both with protein, but both mild, in my opinion.

No matter though. I think you using something else is moving on towards a solution.

Cholesterol is not a protein, but some of the brands out there do add protein. There are just so many Olive oil conditioners out was just trying to see which on you are using.

no i didnt use the mayo one.. im talking about the yellow one.. the one that comes in the packets.. its the moisturzing one.. not the egg protein one

oh okay... thanks for all your help

likewtr4chklit

I agree that you're having a protein overload. A lot of protein works for some but not all. Keep those on hand for monthy or bi-weekly treatments. Stick to moisturizing poo's and condish's. Are you detangling in the shower with a lot of conditioner?

Inches411

Don't trash it. Just use if after a touch up (if you are relaxed) or when you know you need a bit of protein. Maybe using it all the time is not good for you.

And that ORS shampoo is not stripping. It chelates, but I don't think it is clarifying at all. It is actually pretty moisturizing.

thats the thing honey.. i hardly ever use this product..

HoneyDew

no i didnt use the mayo one.. im talking about the yellow one.. the one that comes in the packets.. its the moisturzing one.. not the egg protein one

oh okay... thanks for all your help

yeah, but those packets are full of collagen protein, I think it is high up on the ingredient list. Yes it is moisturizing for me too, but my hair does love itself some protein. Just be mindful of the fact that those packets do carry a heavy protein load too.

Last edited:

Esq.2B

YES!!!!!!!!! i used the soft sheen carson one.. the one every talks about.. it help get it a bit soft but not much

nope i dont have creme of nature for some reason i never liked it..

The Breakthru poo you mean?

I have Breakthru poo as well, but in hair emergencies I promise there's nothing like clarifying then using the CON (green) poo for getting my hair back to 'normal.'. Is there anyway you can send someone to the BSS for you this morning? For me, it's that serious. :grin:

Inches411

I agree that you're having a protein overload. A lot of protein works for some but not all. Keep those on hand for monthy or bi-weekly treatments. Stick to moisturizing poo's and condish's. Are you detangling in the shower with a lot of conditioner?

Yes I am .. lots do you want to see the pic of the empty bottles i used up today.. smh

Inches411

I have Breakthru poo as well, but in hair emergencies I promise there's nothing like clarifying then using the CON (green) poo for getting my hair back to 'normal.'. Is there anyway you can send someone to the BSS for you this morning? For me, it's that serious. :grin:

yes the breakthru one..

HoneyDew

No, I agree!

I don't like CON, but when I need something for my hair emergencies, imma need someone to go to the store.

or i will throw on a plastic cap and a scarf and get there myself!

Esq.2B

That ORS dries my hair. It's not moisturizing for me. :nono:

Inches411

Thanks ladies.. i didnt realized that the ors had so much protein in it.. and i used it on top of a protein shampooa nd conditioner.. i think that was the problem... okay so im still under the dryer .. my hair is feeilng good. i got this big arse bottle of olive cholesterol from the beauty supply stoore for 9 dollars.. its 5lbs.. i hope it works..

Inches411

what is the green one for.. is that a clafifying shampoo?