hair emergency -- please help.. ihave to go out toay

likewtr4chklit

I'm gonna have to cosign with Iris on this one. After you condish and detangle. Leave a little bit of condish in and add some oil and bun it.

Irresistible

its not working oh my god im so sad right now.. its a tangled mess..

what did you do so far?

girl the tangles are not going to just fall out, your going to have to work them out , like I said with plenty of oil and conditioner and leave it in your hair and put it up and leave it in there

Esq.2B

What have you done so far?

Which conditioner did you use?

Your DC should probably say in for a while in order for you to be able to detangle is properly.

Inches411

okay... i try to detangle but u can just see all the hair coming out and hear the breakage.. imma jsut put some leave in and oil and put in it a scarf and put on a hat and leave it... later on ill work on it some more.. thank god its the weekend and i dont have to go to work.

likewtr4chklit

Your hair can't be that tangled. Section off you hair into four to six sections with clips or pony holders. Put oil and condish on each section let it sit, then get section by section with a wide tooth comb work out those tangles.

eta: and be gentle as if you were working with fine lace

Inches411

Your hair can't be that tangled. Section off you hair into four to six sections with clips or pony holders. Put oil and condish on each section let it sit, then get section by section with a wide tooth comb work out those tangles.

eta: and be gentle as if you were working with fine lace

i would do that but i have lost tons of hair and its hard... now if it was a little softer... i would.. so i just put a lot of leave in .. i think since its really bad i have to let it sit... im going out ill be back..

mind you ladies..t his is nothing new to me.. this happen to me before.. and i managed to fix it.. today its just like oh my god.. thats why im really upset cause i usually can figure it out

Last edited:

Irresistible

i would do that but i have lost tons of hair and its hard... now if it was a little softer... i would.. so i just put a lot of leave in .. i think since its really bad i have to let it sit... im going out ill be back..

mind you ladies..t his is nothing new to me.. this happen to me before.. and i managed to fix it.. today its just like oh my god.. thats why im really upset cause i usually can figure it out

I know protein overload can leave your hair a matted mess and you can lose alot of hair. so yeah just leave your leave in on and some oil and work on it as you can

sounds like you have it pretty bad, I feel for you girl, been there, its ugly! but you can do this:yep:

Luxurious12

Cholesterol is a protein. How did the olive oil conditioning go? I can only assume that your probably done by now. However,when you used the clarifying shampoo the second time you needed a moisturizing shampoo. Slap a ultra-hydrating conditioner with your olive oil and stay under the dryer for about 30-45 minutes to soften it and bring the balance back. Too much protein will cause breakage. A balance of the two is essential. Let us know how things turned out. But after you have dried and styled your hair be sure to put a moisturizer on your hair lightly and before you go to bed, i'd suggest using a light oil on your scalp and hair to seal it in. I hope this is helpful.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I agree with the overnight suggestion. When I pushed myself into protein overload. . .I think I was using MegaTek everyday and then used a moderate Protein DC :nono:. . .I did an overnight moisture DC. It was either Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango (which is moisturizing only) and a lil EVOO, or Silk Elements Moisturizing treatment. Either way, when I woke up in the morning and rinsed, my hair was back to normal.

If it's tangled like you say, the overnight thing might be your best bet to fix it and clear it up faster. Lustrasilk mix I just mentioned is now my prepoo. The ONLY reason I prepoo is for detangling benefits.

HoneyDew

Cholesterol is a protein. How did the olive oil conditioning go? I can only assume that your probably done by now. However,when you used the clarifying shampoo the second time you needed a moisturizing shampoo. Slap a ultra-hydrating conditioner with your olive oil and stay under the dryer for about 30-45 minutes to soften it and bring the balance back. Too much protein will cause breakage. A balance of the two is essential. Let us know how things turned out. But after you have dried and styled your hair be sure to put a moisturizer on your hair lightly and before you go to bed, i'd suggest using a light oil on your scalp and hair to seal it in. I hope this is helpful.

:look::look:

How?!

I have always read that it is a type of fat, and the one used in hair care products is derived from lanolin which does come from animals, but it is not a protein itself.

I know some of the cholesterol conditioners have protein in them, but that is about it.

Last edited:

Inches411

i dunno i just got home.. im going back to the beauty supply store or rite aid to pick up some mango lustrasilk or soemthing.. i think imma do the overnight thing

Inches411

okay guys i brought some silicion mix and some lustrasilk alo vera cholesterol.. i realy didnt know wat to buy but i know silicon give major slip and the lustrasilk in the green jar says it detanglies... so let me know if i shoudl use the lustrasilk or not... please than ks