Excercise and Hair Care Support Thread

Butterfly08

I co-wash 3 - 4x a week and maintain a wet set for about 3 days.
Cwing helps ease the itchy scalpitis. :grin: I just started working out again so it's great not having to worry so much about ruining my hair style.

Liege4421

I work out twice a day (I compete) and I suggest braids. They work so well because you don't have to worry about sweating out a flatiron job, and it's really easy to put your hair up after the workout. It is my staple style...although this year, because I'm in Belgium, I'm trying cornrows instead of micros.

SelfStyled

Do you'all think that a ponytail rollerset 2X a week is too much manipulation? I tried this for the first time tonight and I really liked it.

MummysGirl

*subscribing* too.

I work out Mon-Fri, and once in a while on Saturdays. I really sweat on my scalp, my hair is more than damp when I'm done. I think I finally have it figured out now:

1. I cowash 3ce a week.
2. DC on 2 of the above mentioned days days
3. Moisturise morning (after workout) and evening. I have a pure shea butter mix and also a moisturising spritz.
I work out in the mornings...

After working out, I let my hair down from the bun and put on my shower cap, when I'm done showering I apply my shea butter moisturiser to my hair and finger comb. Get dressed and then hold my hair back with an alice or head band and leave down to airdry. About an hour later, when I get to work, I pin my hair up. My hair is doing really well with this. I have decided to make a moisturising spritz to take to the gym as well so I can spray on my hair before applying the shea butter.

On days I don't workout, I'm able to do my curly hairdos (I wish I could do them everyday) - most especially braidouts.

I'm glad I found this thread because I was actually thinking of starting one.

shtow

Well I read my post from last year and that works. Now I just put my hair in a ponytail. The hair that’s out from the ponytail Ill makes a big roll and secure with 2 bobby pins. It looks like there is a big invisible roller. After working out, I take out the ponytail when my hair dries (my hairline gets the most wet) and when I take the pony out my hair has bounce from the invisible roller. That’s it. No fighting, no blow drying, just a simple tucked under pony. I also do not wear a scarf when I work out because my hair gets too wet from being covered and it just jacks up my hair even more.