Ladies who work out 3 or more days a week: How do you NOT manipulate your hair?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies on a little or no manipulation regimen who also work out:

How on God's lovely green earth do you maintain your hair and NOT manipulate it?

I workout at least 4 days a week and find it exceedingly difficult NOT to brush, rinse or comb my hair. I'm doing better now, only combing my hair on wash days, which is every Sunday. But, it's definitely a challenge.

Do any of you who are successful have tips for no manipulation hairstyles, excluding braids?

Thanks! :blowkiss:

Nonie

I was going to say braids or twists but you said to exclude braids. :look: That really is my secret so don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

Bun Mistress

when my hair is straight I use Pinkskates idea. I put my hair in a bun and afterward, I shake my hair out aply a liquid leave in to a cotton ball (if my scalp is really sweaty) and blot the sweat off my scalp. Then I re un my hair or pin curl (depends if I'm going to go to bed of not) and apply a dab of oil around my egdes and scraf set while in the shower. Take of scarf and done. I barely comb once a week only on wash day. I finger comb every other day when straight.

The the summer I wear twist outs and retwist at night washing every 4 days.

NikkiGirl

I usually work out four days a week. I co-wash on gym days and detangle under running water. I then apply leave-in when I get out of the shower and seal and then let it airdry some and then damp bun. But I really don't think this is no manip, Sorry.

Last edited:
Im newly natural, I just work out, let it dry and re-style.
I usually wear a puff so I apply some gel (with my fingers)
Do my "baby hairs" with a tooth brush,
Put my scarf on my hair to lay the front down and KIM.
LOL

femmemuscle

i wear an afro weave. this way, i can rinse, or co-wash about 2-3 times a week. i keep the edges out, and they get rinsed about every other day. then gel after rinsing.

with it's 4b texture to almost match my own hair, i don't have to worry about manipulating or using heat after sweating.