Cowashing and bunning the key to wsl hair!

Do you detangle your hair everytime you cowash. I'd like to cowash more often but I just dont like the idea of using a comb in my hair too often.

I wash and condition my hair every other day and barely even use a comb on it. I mostly use my fingers. Fingers get the job done better than you'd think though it may take longer.

I'm full SL btw, if that matters. But my hair is more moisturized with frequent wash and goes.

ok I am going to start today. Will it make a difference of conditioner is protein or moiture?

And this is my bun -- I like the messy look -- do I have to learn how to donut the bun?

I think it's best to use a moisture conditioner. Daily protein might be a bit much. :yep:

ok I am going to start today. Will it make a difference of conditioner is protein or moiture?

And this is my bun -- I like the messy look -- do I have to learn how to donut the bun?

Looooove the messy look! So cute! :yep: I don't think my hairs long enough to do it. Love your color too!

...i only use heat 1 or two times out of a whole month when i want to wear my hair down. . . .

Although I think the bunning and cowashing are contributors, I think this is just as important. Reduction in heat!! The less heat you use the better. I believe if you cowashed and bunned, but still used heat evertime, you would not get the same results. Just my opinion, but my hair has gotten tremendously thicker (even DH noticed) and I have worn buns for years. Never saw this type of improvement though - so I think it is a combination of all three.

-

Although I think the bunning and cowashing are contributors, I think this is just as important. Reduction in heat!! The less heat you use the better. I believe if you cowashed and bunned, but still used heat evertime, you would not get the same results. Just my opinion, but my hair has gotten tremendously thicker (even DH noticed) and I have worn buns for years. Never saw this type of improvement though - so I think it is a combination of all three.
-
ITA!!!! The less heat, the better. I usually use heat about 3 times a year, it'll probably be less than that now because I lurve rollersetting. Hair is softer, more moisturized and bouncier than when flat ironing :yep:

:hiya: I am a newbie:newbie: I was wondering what is a good conditioner to cowash with. I cut my hair in the beginning of this month and I am transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed hair. I noticed that when I cowashed my hair before I cut it, my hair used to tangle alot. I haven't cowashed since then. Do any of you know a cowashing conditioner that also detangles the hair?

is it okay to bun with bobby pins? i don't know where to purchase good hair day pins.
I get my Good Hair Days pins from Sally's. Here's what they look like

images

images

I love your infiniti bun!!! How did you do it?
Thanks girl!!! :grin:

I'm gonna do a picture tutorial in a few days because it would be difficult for me to describe. I'll probably do it Friday or Saturday :)

:hiya: I am a newbie:newbie: I was wondering what is a good conditioner to cowash with. I cut my hair in the beginning of this month and I am transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed hair. I noticed that when I cowashed my hair before I cut it, my hair used to tangle alot. I haven't cowashed since then. Do any of you know a cowashing conditioner that also detangles the hair?

My question as well. I am relaxed.

Last edited:
Welcome noob :)
V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream, Suave Naturals (some good ones in this series are Toasted Vanilla, Tropical Coconut and Ocean Breaze) Aussie Moist, Tresemme Smooth & Silky, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, Suave Humectant... You may have to try a few brands to find out what works for you. Read through the Spring/Summer cowashing challenge for more tips and ideas :yep:

Last edited:
I really like this idea. I have tried it in the past, well the cowashing, hair is not long enough for a bun yet. :lol:

Thanks Tiffers! I tried Suave Humectant......my hair so didn't like it! I recently bought Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. What do you think of that conditioner for cowashing?

Welcome noob :)
V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream, Suave Naturals (some good ones in this series are Toasted Vanilla, Tropical Coconut and Ocean Breaze) Aussie Moist, Tresemme Smooth & Silky, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, Suave Humectant... You may have to try a few brands to find out what works for you. Read through the Spring/Summer cowashing challenge for more tips and ideas :yep:

I also tried Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, but my hair was soft but matted:ohwell:

Thanks Tiffers! I tried Suave Humectant......my hair so didn't like it! I recently bought Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. What do you think of that conditioner for cowashing?
HH is a good co washing conditioner, lots of people use it and love it. Didn't work for me though, dried my hair out somethin fierce

332908901.jpg

I've just started this co-washing thing to see if I can retain and thicken up my hair while I'm transitioning.

Right now I'm using Suave Con (for color treated hair), Suave Humectant and I'm going to pick up some V05 Strawberries and Creme - it's on sale at CVS for 77 cent this week.

Like a previous poster said, I'm going have to up my protein because my hair is colored treated and at times feels mushy and some breakage/shedding seems to be occurring.

I also tried Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, but my hair was soft but matted:ohwell:
Break's Over is my fave, but it's hard to find now because it was discontinued :sad: I've heard good things about Totally Twisted and the new Hydralicious line. Organix also makes great cowashing conditioners. I really like the Shea Butter and Coconut conditioners :yep:

If your hair is tangling bad or matting after a co-wash, try finger detangling before you wash. Also apply conditioner, massage, and rinse in one direction which is back. This is the way your hair naturally hangs.

Break's Over is my fave, but it's hard to find now because it was discontinued :sad: I've heard good things about Totally Twisted and the new Hydralicious line. Organix also makes great cowashing conditioners. I really like the Shea Butter and Coconut conditioners :yep:

Do you know where I can buy Organix conditioners? I may try Totally Twisted and the Hydralicious if Hello Hydration doesn't work out, but I hope it does.

How can I work cowahing bunning and bagging into my daily practice?

Could I cowashing in the morning bun for work.
Come home cowash again and bag until the next morning???

How can I work cowahing bunning and bagging into my daily practice?

Could I cowashing in the morning bun for work.
Come home cowash again and bag until the next morning???

When I cowashed my hair before I cut it, I cowashed in the evenings after work and class.

Last edited:
So for the ladies that cowash and bun daily. You don't mind going to work EVERYDAY with a bun? I am sure you get alot of comments from coworkers etc. Not that it matters :look:

I've bunned most of my adult life. It's easier for me and in my field. I dress my buns up and I get alot of compliments.

Thanks girl!!! :grin:

I'm gonna do a picture tutorial in a few days because it would be difficult for me to describe. I'll probably do it Friday or Saturday :)

oooo! Tiffers you better create a thread when you do! Or I will have to hunt you down for your tutorial lol :grin:

So you ladies actually wet your hair every single day and then bun it and have good results. That's a lot! Well does anyone co-wash then bun the hair and then not touch it say until 3 days later the next co-wash. Seems to me this would be less manipulation allowing you to retain more length.

Over the past couple of months I would CW, bun, leave it alone for a couple of days (until it dried) and repeat the process. Detangling once a week.

I am learning to love my buns. I am in the BUN-FOR-GROWTH challenge, and it has worked wonders for me. However, instead of co-washing 2x's per week, I actually do full wash and DC 2x's per week. One is a complete moisture session, the other is a complete protein session. But no matter what, daily wet-bunning has done wonders for my hair. This is the longest my hair has ever been!! I am about 2 or 3 inches away from APL, and I am confident by my next length check on June 30th, I will be there:yep:

Back