Cowashing and bunning the key to wsl hair!

Are you ladies detangling with a comb every time you co-wash?
How often do you comb?

I used to detangle my hair once a week but I quickly found that that was a big mistake because my hair was always so tangled and detangling sessions lasted wayyyyy too long. Now I detangle twice a week - Sundays and Wednesdays.

What a big difference this has made. I use AO GPB conditioner on damp/wet hair for detangling because this really makes my hair super soft and easy to detangle while in the shower.

Last edited:
I detangle daily after I put in my leave in to get my hair in a bun. Then I don't touch it again until that night when I M&S

I attempted to adopt this practice myself, but I lose sooo much hair when co-washing ( with the detangling ) because I also stretch my relaxers...I have fine, weak hair so I am thinking that I should hold off on the stretching and co-washing until my hair is strong again...but I certainly agree that these methods will retain length!:yep:

I have very fine, thin weak hair as well. I wanted to try to method, but my bun looks anorexic just like my ponytails. I used a phony pony, but those even seem to cause damage. I guess I'll never master this method.:nono:

Here is my method. I can only do it in the summer because during the winter I have to wear thick, heavy hats that mess up my buns.

I co-wash every other day, detangle in the shower with my fingers and roll up the shed hair into a ball. After rinsing, I t-shirt dry, then add more conditioner and some oil to leave in. I use spin pins or elastic to secure the bun and I'm set for the day.

I am chugaluging with my cowash and bun regimen.

I'm cowashing 3-5x a week and wear a bun or wash and go, layering product on top of conditioner for a sopping wet bun.

I'm glad this was bumped. I'm bunning/braiding/twisting this year, and I had been wet bunning truly wet hair and it led to irritation. I've decided to change my method and bun damp hair throughout the summer. I've been bunning the past three days with success. No itchiness, no burning.

I'm still cowashing and bunning about three times a week. I don't really do anything to my hair in between cowashes except re-pin my bun or style it differently on the weekends. I have to start incorporating more protein though I had moisture overload last week and used aphogee two step this weekend.

How are things going for everyone in this thread? I'm cowashing and bunning this summer. If you haven't yet john the bunning challenge. I really think it works.

I'm thinking about joining since I sweat so much at the gym - my scalp is angry with me if I don't wash at least twice a week. I will see how my web bunning technique will work. I am pretty much style challenged with wet hair.

Back