Best Leave-Ins Of All Time?- 2009 Updates

Britt

I've been using Giovanni Direct for years and I think it's a fantastic leave in :love:
But I've tried Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar and Hair Milk and they are two faboulous leave ins.... the only down side is it's not exactly cheap but they come in such great smells.

MizzBrown

Why is Giovanni Direct so popular? I have YET to try it...Keep saying i will but dont want to be disappointed.

What is in it that makes it so good?

*Muffin*

Thanks Muffin. I have both of those. Never thought about using them this way. Very helpful.:yep:

You're welcome. I mix them together in a bottle sometimes, but most of the time I take about a dime sized amount of the SAS and run in through my damp hair, then I take a dime sized amount of the AO HSR and seal it in with that and an oil. I noticed that if I mix the two together in a bottle they tend to separate.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You're welcome. I mix them together in a bottle sometimes, but most of the time I take about a dime sized amount of the SAS and run in through my damp hair, then I take a dime sized amount of the AO HSR and seal it in with that and an oil. I noticed that if I mix the two together in a bottle they tend to separate.

Thanks Again. I will be trying this.:yep:

Toy

Im relaxed and right now im in love with Sally's version of Paul Mitchell The conditioner and Potion # 9 sally's version.

joib

Thank you ladies.I needed some advice on leave-in conditioners. I wear braids most of the time and use Infusium 23- Hate it! I find it to watery. I would like to use something with more weight. Off to shop.

crumbling_images

I like the following leave-ins:

When wearing braid/twist extensions:

• Afro Detangler*
  • Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner*
  • Oyin Greg Juice/Juices & Berries
  • Karen's Hair Milk (Vanilla Latte Scent)
I add in a few drops of jojoba oil for added umph*

Loose Hair (Natural, Medium Density, Natural Type 4ab)

• Qhemet's Amla Heavy Cream (heavy moisture; use on wet/dry hair)
  • Leanna's Hair Dressing (heavy moisture; on dry hair only)
  • Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (light moisture; on wet/dry hair)
  • Hair Veda's CoCasta Shikakaki Oil or plain ole' Castor Oil (leaves hair soft & curly when used on wet hair and allowed to air dry)

*Muffin*

Why is Giovanni Direct so popular? I have YET to try it...Keep saying i will but dont want to be disappointed.

What is in it that makes it so good?

I tried Giovanni Direct leave-in, and it's pretty good. It has natural ingredients and it makes your feel smooth, but it's too light for me. My hair is fine and when I use Giovanni Direct it feels too feather light. I believe it would work well for people with heavy hair or people who like the feather light feel. But Giovanni's other products are bangin', especially the SAS. I'm kind of an ingredients freak and I wasn't pleased when they added a certain questionable ingredient to the smooth as silk formulation, but that conditioner is awesome. Gives great slip without cones and leaves your hair feeling as smooth as silk, lol. I also love the Tea Tree Triple Treat (so tingly and refreshing) and the Nutrifix Reconstructor (Adds strength to the hair using protein. I use it in preparation for relaxing). Overall their products are worth trying. My favorite all-natural brand, though, is Aubrey Organics.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right now I am loving:

1) AG Fast Food
2) BBD Stretch
3) Alba Botanicals
4) Salerm 21 B5
5) Beauty without Cruelty
6) Dr. Bronners Coconut & Lavender

Britt

I just have to reiterate....

KBB's hair nectar.... that stuff is light and creamy, yet moisturizing and detangling.... :love:

adw425

I have two and they are both mixtures because I use a spray then layer a creamy moisturizer over it.

Creamy -- Surya volume reducer with tucuma butter leave-in mixed with Surya color fixation with buriti oil leave-in

Spray -- Jane Carter Solution revitalizing leave-in mixed with Giovanni Vitapro fusion leave-in

I don't think they make the volume reducer leave-in anymore as I cannot find it anywhere :nono:, so when I use up this last bottle of my Surya mix, I am going to try a new mixture -- Alba Botanica leave-in mixed with Beauty Without Cruely leave-in. I can't seem to not mix a couple things together with great ingredients, but so far, so good....

Last edited:

crumbling_images

In order of importance:

Water based formulas:

• Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
  • Afro Detangler
  • Newly discovered Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk

Butter based formulas:

• Qhemet's Olive & Amla Heavy Cream
  • Leanna's Hair Dressing