14 Month Hair Progress ***LONG and PIC HEAVY***

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I joined LHCF in late 2008 and you ladies have all been an inspiration and a great help in me figuring out how to take care of my hair, and develop a regimen. My ultimate goal is BSL and I hope to accomplish this by December 2010.

A little more about me:
Hair Type: Thick, dense, mostly 4b
Relaxed or Natural: Relaxed (usually about every 10-12 weeks)

October 2008
I started out between SL and APL. My hair actually doesn't look bad in this pic, but the reality was it was dry, breaking, and shedding. At this time I was shampooing weekly, not DCing or moisturizing or anything, and relaxing and trimming every 6 weeks religiously.

December 2009
My current regimen has done wonders for my hair in times of health. Shedding and breakage have decreased drastically, and I am finally starting to see growth and progress.

I shampoo weekly with Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo, and clarify every 4-6 weeks with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.

My freshly washed hair before applying DC...

I then DC with my own special conditioner mixture, and MAN-O-MAN! Talk about major slip, moisture and strength. The recipe is as follows (all measurements are approximate)

1/2-cup Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
1/3-cup Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
1-tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
1/2-tbsp Pure Silk Amino Acids

I then DC with heat for 30-45 minutes, rinse, apply Roux Porosity Control for 30-45 seconds, rinse, towel dry and proceed with adding leave-ins and detangling.

For leave-ins I use (in order of usage):
Chi Keratin Mist
Jane Carter's Solution Hair Nourishing Cream
Chi Silk infusion

My hair after adding leave-ins and detangling...

I sit under my drier for 30-45 minutes, apply a little more Chi Silk Infusion then blowdry my hair.

Blowdried hair...

I flat iron my hair with my Chi Ceramic Flat iron using Redkin Smoothdown Heat Glide...

Finished product...

Comparison...

I am grazing APL! My first goal has been realized, and I'm ready for BSL.

Improvements/Changes for 2010
- I am going to get serious about my vitamin regimen. I plan on taking a multivitamin daily, and 2000 mcg of Biotin daily.

That's about it. I love the regimen I'm currently doing, and am a huge believer in keeping it simple.

Thank you all so much for your support, and I look forward to BSL in 2010!

pri

Girl...your hair is beautiful!!! Great progress!!! I love the health and thickness of it!! Thanks for sharing!! Great job!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Your hair looks pretty amazing, in the first pix, but after viewing the after pix I can definately see the difference in the health of your hair and length. Congratz on your progress. Love thick healthy hair.

djanae

ummm....I officially <3 your hair! Its so thick and your ends are on point!

I'm sure it would look fab at EL, NL, SL, and anywhere above or below the mark! lol
With that said, congrats on your progress!! I can't WAIT to make APL, so I can imagine your excitement!

virgo_chinwe

Your hair looks amazing!!! I am so going to borrow your condish! Where do you get the pure silk amino acids? And do you think your conidsh would be good for natural hair?

Neek-a-Nator

Your hair looks amazing!!! I am so going to borrow your condish! Where do you get the pure silk amino acids? And do you think your conidsh would be good for natural hair?
I totally second that. Your hair looks thick and healthy, iut's gorgeous. How did you come up with your conditioner combination??? I'm so stealing that recipe, thanks.

SelfStyled

Oh, one more thing where can I purchase the silk elements megasilk moisturizing conditioner???? TIA

Neek you can get it at Sally's

Mai Tai- your hair is plain and simple GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing your pics, your progress has been fantastic. I can't even imagine where you will be next year. Proof Positive that heat can flourish with direct heat. Thanks for your DC recipe too- I have all the ingredients except for the SAA, I might have to try it out.

Neek-a-Nator

Neek you can get it at Sally's

Mai Tai- your hair is plan and simple GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing your pics, your progress has been fantastic. I can't even imagine where you will be next year. Proof Positive that heat can flourish with direct heat. Thanks for your DC recipe too- I have all the ingredients except for the SAA, I might have to try it out.
Thanks self styled, can I also get the Kpakat Sally or do I ave to go to trade secrets or ulta??? We since I'm here, where can I get the SAA, lol. TIA

miami74

Your hair is absolutely beautiful! Keep up the wonderful work! Question, where do u purchase the silk amino acid from? HHG!

morehairplease

Your hair is drop dead GORGEOUS sweetie! I am going to have to try that Redken smoothdown heat glide for my upcoming blowdry/flatiron session.