**2010 Braid Challenge**........sign-up here

I want in!:yep: I plan on doing a length check sometime this month and I will post some pics. But, I will be self braiding under a full lace wig for this and most of my challenges, while washing and deep conditioning on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I need practice with braiding the front of my hair, so I figure by taking them down each week to rebraid will give me enough time to perfect this craft.:rolleyes: I am natural and am only trying to use natural hair products on my hair journey, so I will be using JBCO, coconut, Jojoba and other oils on my hair while braiding it up.
This should be a fun challenge, I can't wait.:spinning:

count me in!!

I want in!:yep: I plan on doing a length check sometime this month and I will post some pics. But, I will be self braiding under a full lace wig for this and most of my challenges, while washing and deep conditioning on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I need practice with braiding the front of my hair, so I figure by taking them down each week to rebraid will give me enough time to perfect this craft.:rolleyes: I am natural and am only trying to use natural hair products on my hair journey, so I will be using JBCO, coconut, Jojoba and other oils on my hair while braiding it up.
This should be a fun challenge, I can't wait.:spinning:

:hiya:Welcome to the challenge ladies........you have been added.

I'd like to join, please.

I'm really mad at myself for needing to join this challenge. 2009 was supposed to be my LAST year in braids...my hair has been growing marvelously, and would've been mostly APL by January. But a major haircut in September set me back big-time, so I'm going to stay braided until I reach APL.

I'm a braid veteran (they're really my favorite style), but my goal for this challenge will be to teach myself how to braid my own hair. That extra $250 a month in my pocket would be nice.

I'd like to join, please.

I'm really mad at myself for needing to join this challenge. 2009 was supposed to be my LAST year in braids...my hair has been growing marvelously, and would've been mostly APL by January. But a major haircut in September set me back big-time, so I'm going to stay braided until I reach APL.

I'm a braid veteran (they're really my favorite style), but my goal for this challenge will be to teach myself how to braid my own hair. That extra $250 a month in my pocket would be nice.

:welcome:Happy to have you on board mstar

sign me up!
can't wait :]]

Attachments

• length check four.jpg
    length check four.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14
  • braids two.jpg
    braids two.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I currently wear my braids (no extensions) for 3 weeks before taking them out and wearing my hair loose for a week..

Here's my hair today (I've had them in for almost 2 weeks):

Count me in. I have my hair in cornrolls under a wig. I plan to take them out in December. So I'll be measuring and taking a pic at that time.:yep:

I wanna join!:look: I'm a truck driver :driver: and I'm also transitioning (almost 7 months post :grin:). Braids are the most convenient protective style for me and I plan to stay in braids for all of 2010. I'm rocking Senegalese Twists right now, I will try to post a pic soon.

Count me in. I have my hair in cornrolls under a wig. I plan to take them out in December. So I'll be measuring and taking a pic at that time.:yep:

I wanna join!:look: I'm a truck driver :driver: and I'm also transitioning (almost 7 months post :grin:). Braids are the most convenient protective style for me and I plan to stay in braids for all of 2010. I'm rocking Senegalese Twists right now, I will try to post a pic soon.

:welcome:Welcome to the challenge ladies........you have been added

I would like to be added to this challenge though I have to admit I started about a month and a half ago (six weeks to be exact) I will be redoing my braids in another two weeks so I will post my braided style then. My starting length is APL. I'm hoping that by Dec 2010 I'll be somewhere between BSL and MBL for my graduation.

I would like to be added to this challenge though I have to admit I started about a month and a half ago (six weeks to be exact) I will be redoing my braids in another two weeks so I will post my braided style then. My starting length is APL. I'm hoping that by Dec 2010 I'll be somewhere between BSL and MBL for my graduation.

:welcome:Happy to have you on board naturalepiphany..........

I am so happy that I have started this challange early:grin:

I do not like these tiny braids and it is :wallbash: frustrating to me that I can not see what is going on with my hair. I will continue to do braids but not small individuals :nono:
I am going to do a couple of 1/2 wigs, cornrows and MAYBE some weaves :look:

I will be taking these micro's out the day after gobble gobble day. This is trail and error.

Add me in too please. I wear my hair in braids quite often and I wear my hair braided under my wigs intermittently so this challenge is perfect for me.

ADD ME ASWELL PLEASE. I wont be using heat on my hair for the whole of 2010 (well thats wat i am determined to do), so i will have my hair in braidings 95% of the time. On my breaks, i will bantu knot my hair!

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!! :)

I'm transitioning and plan to be in braids for most of 2010. I just got my braids in yesterday and will be keeping them in till the end of January. Pics attached.

Attachments

• DSC01079.jpg
    DSC01079.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01080.jpg
    DSC01080.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 27
I just put my braids in, I plan to have these at least until New Years.

I plan to moisturize daily with a water based leave in mixed with carrot oil. This time I'm using protein gel on my ends to tame frizz and hopefully strengthen them. I'm washing about 1x a week with body wash (not shampoo) and conditioning. I sometimes use sulfur 8 or a MT mix for growth, if used, I wash the next day.

Last edited:
ADD ME ASWELL PLEASE. I wont be using heat on my hair for the whole of 2010 (well thats wat i am determined to do), so i will have my hair in braidings 95% of the time. On my breaks, i will bantu knot my hair!

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!! :)

I'm transitioning and plan to be in braids for most of 2010. I just got my braids in yesterday and will be keeping them in till the end of January. Pics attached.

:welcome:Welcome to the challenge ladies.....

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really love this!

I plan to try out cornrows in the front 1/3rd of my hair and box braids at the back in a couple of weeks.
How I wear it out:
IMG_3383-vi.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really love this!

I plan to try out cornrows in the front 1/3rd of my hair and box braids at the back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!!! Cornrows are easier for me b/c I still have some relaxed ends in the front and the braids tend to unravel. If they get tatty it'll be easier to redo the front.

Just want to update you guys. I had got my hair done in braids. I onky kept it in for a wk. due to it was entirely to tight and the pump it up spritz she sprayed on my hair made it itch. My head was soooo sore. I am nursing my scalp back to health as well as moisturizing my hair. I plan on getting a sew in and I will update with pics once I get it. I will make sure it is not too tight.

Just want to update you guys. I had got my hair done in braids. I onky kept it in for a wk. due to it was entirely to tight and the pump it up spritz she sprayed on my hair made it itch. My head was soooo sore. I am nursing my scalp back to health as well as moisturizing my hair. I plan on getting a sew in and I will update with pics once I get it. I will make sure it is not too tight.

I know this is unpopular when wearing braids but I always jump in the shower and wash my newly braided hair the morning after getting them done. The reason why I wash them the next day is because I usually get them done during the evening/night and don't want to go to bed with wet hair. This helps to relieve tightness if any.

Back