**2010 Braid Challenge**........sign-up here

MangaManiac

I'm in. My starting picture is my avatar. I'm going to do an update (pictures of my length and braids) in December. WOOT!

Damaged but not out

Im going to get my senegalese twists in tomorrow hopefully. First time in almost 10 yrs im going to attempt extensions for longer than a week. Practice for nex year.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Please add me to the roster! C&G method for me, getting individuals tomorrow. I'm loving my BKT'd hair, but I have serious hands in hair syndrome. I just keep brushing, combing, and running my fingers through it. I gotta put it away before I give myself a setback again!

Last edited:

trinigal27

Please add me to the roster! C&G method for me, getting individuals tomorrow. I'm loving my BKT'd hair, but I have serious hands in hair syndrome. I just keep brushing, combing, and running my fingers through it. I gotta put it away before I give myself a setback again!

:wave:Welcome on board! You are in.:yep:

nakialovesshoes

Here's how I will be wearing my hair under a wig until mid January. I'm going to get my Urban Twists in mid January & I'll post a pic of them then. 1st.jpg

cocoaluv

I'm in. This is the only way my transition has seemed to be going well for me. I will put in braids for 6-8 weeks. Take out for a week or two and then get them redone. I am going to keep doing this till I finally feel comfy enough to BC.

trinigal27

I'm in. This is the only way my transition has seemed to be going well for me. I will put in braids for 6-8 weeks. Take out for a week or two and then get them redone. I am going to keep doing this till I finally feel comfy enough to BC.

:wave:Welcome on board! You are in.:yep:

I'm including my starting point pic below. I'm wearing my hair in fat half-braid/half-twists, which I moisten each day with a light homemade conditioning spritz. Right now, I just have it pulled back in a low pony of twists, with a few strategically hanging down to frame my face. I love it. So easy, so simple.

Attachments

• lhcfbraidchallengestart.jpg
    lhcfbraidchallengestart.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 35

Damaged but not out

Anyone had problems taking down the senegalese(rope) twist extensions after 4 weeks. Im seeing that the correct way is to twist the extension hair onto your real hair. After 4 weeks im assuming it might be a little hard to detangle and take down. Any thoughts?

Would it be safer to go with a .5 inch starting plait and continue with braids. Also wouldnt the twists stay in better this way??

Help! im getting this done tomorrow! And as usual im doing my homework the night before.

Miss AJ

My braid hair came in the mail the other day and I'm tempted to put them in now, but the only reason I'm waiting is so I can wear them while I'm in Florida and not have to worry about putting another set in until I get to my next base.

epiphany braids

:hiya:Hello ladies,

I started my regimen a week after my braids!! I am coming across only one concern...MY EDGES :wallbash:

I have been applying the MN and I am so afraid that the braids that are in the front is twisting and may matte. Any one have any recommendations on how I can protect my edges?
See pic:

trinigal27

:hiya:Hello ladies,

I started my regimen a week after my braids!! I am coming across only one concern...MY EDGES :wallbash:

I have been applying the MN and I am so afraid that the braids that are in the front is twisting and may matte. Any one have any recommendations on how I can protect my edges?
See pic:

I do hope that one of the ladies here would be able to help you out. Happy Growing.

Fhrizzball

Can I join in? I'm going to be doing two strand twists as well will that be allowed? Well here's my length/starting pics. These are box braids without extensions. Hopefully they'll look nice for at least 2 weeks. I just cut my recently so I'm trying to get back to my avatar at least. Just with healthier ends.

Attachments

• HNI_0079.JPG
    HNI_0079.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 27
  • HNI_0082.JPG
    HNI_0082.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 19

MyAngelEyez~C~U

starter length, minus about an inch:

Braids done yesterday:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I always loved the color of your hair Angel did you those braids yourself?

Thank you! Henna/indigo are the bizness!

I wish I could braid like this! No, I have the next best thing...a teen in my neighborhood braids, and she only charges $50 for these. I will have her as my braider during this challenge, although I plan to pay her more, since she did such an excellent job.

PaleoChick

I am glad I joined the challenge.
I am getting my hair braided next Tuesday night.
I will get braids done every three weeks. In fact, I need to set up standing appointments with the braider for the year.
I will do a shampoo and deep conditioner treatment before each re-braid.
The wig will be for any braid respites I have.
I will keep my scalp moisturized with aloe vera juice.
I will apply Afroveda Shikakai growth elixir or use Yonnea's Hair GPS.
All year long. Need to start taking spirulina and chlorella again with applesauce.
Doing hot yoga for fitness, and some spin cycling. Going tomorrow night in fact.
That is all.

Last edited:

Loves Harmony

I would love to join in....

Ive bc my hair in July down to maybe 2 inch. I dont have any recent picture right now because i forgot to take some before i got my micros but her my bc picture

Attachments

• bc2-vi.jpg
    bc2-vi.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I can't wait until this challenge officially start, I'm excited. My goal is to hit bra strap and with wishful thinking, midback by the end of 2010 by doing braids.

hair4romheaven

I would like to join. The last pic I took of my hair is my avi. which was in Aug. I take my weave out in Nov and will take another pic then. I plan on getting braids in nov not sure what styles. I want cornrows but something that still looks sexy but professional LOL any ideas?

nakialovesshoes

I can't wait until this challenge officially start, I'm excited. My goal is to hit bra strap and with wishful thinking, midback by the end of 2010 by doing braids.

I'm with you Firstborn. Even though I've decided not to join any more length challenges, I'm really hoping to be MBL by the end of 2010. I'm skimming BSB now. I have my 20th h.s. class reunion in October of 2010 & I'm at odds about what to do with my hair.

Yeah, I know it's a long way off...:look:

trinigal27

Hey thanks for the thread, can you add me pls :)

Can I join in? I'm going to be doing two strand twists as well will that be allowed? Well here's my length/starting pics. These are box braids without extensions. Hopefully they'll look nice for at least 2 weeks. I just cut my recently so I'm trying to get back to my avatar at least. Just with healthier ends.

Is it too late to join? I am currently braided under a wig. The plan was to stop on 5/1/2010, but I will stay in it until 1/3/2011.
I re-braid every week after shampoo and deep condition in braids. I then apply njoi creations' scalp grease with sulfur and moisturize with shea butter leave in condish (although looking at afroveda cocolatte mask-any suggestions?). When I get home, the wig comes off.

I would love to join in....

Ive bc my hair in July down to maybe 2 inch. I dont have any recent picture right now because i forgot to take some before i got my micros but her my bc picture

I would like to join. The last pic I took of my hair is my avi. which was in Aug. I take my weave out in Nov and will take another pic then. I plan on getting braids in nov not sure what styles. I want cornrows but something that still looks sexy but professional LOL any ideas?

:wave:Welcome on board ladies.........your names have been added.

IrrationalThoughts

Is it too late to join? I have been meaning to put in some yarn braids. I have all the stuff, I am just too lazy. I even have an empty closet with hair that I soaked in vinegar hanging in it, just waiting for me to stop being lazy.