**2010 Braid Challenge**........sign-up here

I would love to join too! I am currently in micros but will take them out at the end of this month and take a break until the last week of Dec and get kinky twist.

My last photo is in my avy (but my hair stretched is at my collar bone). I will take a new one before this challenge begins.

My regimen is simple:
Shampoo: One teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 cup of HE HH mixed with 2 cups water. Pour over my head and massage.

Condition: DC only once a month, Deep condition with Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I use regular condition as needed.

Moisture: Oyin whipped pudding mixed with shine and define (which works well if your braids gets fuzzy too) and African Royale braid sheen

This is my basic routine.

I want to join. However I will be braiding my sisterlocks. I got my locks cut a month or two ago and I hate how short hair looks on me...especially short locks!! So, I have been braiding them down and wearing my lacefront wig until they grow back to where I want them to be...My goal is mid back, but I will wear them out again when they are shoulder length...

Is it too late to join? I have been meaning to put in some yarn braids. I have all the stuff, I am just too lazy. I even have an empty closet with hair that I soaked in vinegar hanging in it, just waiting for me to stop being lazy.

I'm in, I will post pics later.

I would love to join too! I am currently in micros but will take them out at the end of this month and take a break until the last week of Dec and get kinky twist.

My last photo is in my avy (but my hair stretched is at my collar bone). I will take a new one before this challenge begins.

My regimen is simple:
Shampoo: One teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 cup of HE HH mixed with 2 cups water. Pour over my head and massage.

Condition: DC only once a month, Deep condition with Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I use regular condition as needed.

Moisture: Oyin whipped pudding mixed with shine and define (which works well if your braids gets fuzzy too) and African Royale braid sheen

This is my basic routine.

I want to join. However I will be braiding my sisterlocks. I got my locks cut a month or two ago and I hate how short hair looks on me...especially short locks!! So, I have been braiding them down and wearing my lacefront wig until they grow back to where I want them to be...My goal is mid back, but I will wear them out again when they are shoulder length...

Sign me up please!!!!

:hiya:Welcome to the challenge ladies........you have been added.

Count me in!!

I'll be reinstalling my yarn twists around the first of the year as part of a personal protective style challenge, so yay for having folks to do it with :yay:

Is it too late to join? I have been meaning to put in some yarn braids. I have all the stuff, I am just too lazy. I even have an empty closet with hair that I soaked in vinegar hanging in it, just waiting for me to stop being lazy.

Story of my life...I've been about halfway done with mine for the past two days as we speak :lol: Hopefully this challenge will serve as some motivation for all of us...

I'm in!! I had some individuals for about two months during the summer and I got some great growth from them. I don't want to lose any of my newly gained length so I think braids would be the best thing for me, also since I'm transitioning I don't want to risk my hair breaking off any more at the line of demarcation.

Count me in!!

I'll be reinstalling my yarn twists around the first of the year as part of a personal protective style challenge, so yay for having folks to do it with :yay:

Story of my life...I've been about halfway done with mine for the past two days as we speak :lol: Hopefully this challenge will serve as some motivation for all of us...

I'm in!! I had some individuals for about two months during the summer and I got some great growth from them. I don't want to lose any of my newly gained length so I think braids would be the best thing for me, also since I'm transitioning I don't want to risk my hair breaking off any more at the line of demarcation.

I'm so in, I got braids already. Check my fotki.

add me!! i wanna transition i've tried twice before but the new growth just makes me look like a HAM !! i can't manage it because i like to wash everyday at least in braids that will be possible. i'll probably get braids put in during christmas!

Please add my name to the list. I will be getting my hair braided this weekend and will leave in for 6-8 weeks. I'm currently 21 weeks post and I plan to keep it braided up all of next year.

I want to join this this thread, I'm currently in braid right now and will take them off at the end of December, so I will post a pick then (if it is okay).

OMG, I want to join.

Starting Length Photo

comic-p.jpg

Last edited:
add me!! i wanna transition i've tried twice before but the new growth just makes me look like a HAM !! i can't manage it because i like to wash everyday at least in braids that will be possible. i'll probably get braids put in during christmas!

Please add my name to the list. I will be getting my hair braided this weekend and will leave in for 6-8 weeks. I'm currently 21 weeks post and I plan to keep it braided up all of next year.

I want to join this this thread, I'm currently in braid right now and will take them off at the end of December, so I will post a pick then (if it is okay).

OMG, I want to join.

I'll add pics this weekend.

I'm in, my starting pic is in my siggy. I'll be getting braids around december-january.

I would like to join as well. I'm currently resting from some braids and a blowout. I'll probably braid again in a week or so. I'll post pics later.

Just posting a change to my regimen. Instead of braiding back to back I'm going to do 2 months with extensions and then two strand twists during my 2 month rest period.

This is going to be my first challenge. I really want to grow my hair. So I am down for the braid challenge. I am currently in braids but I think I can post a pic before.

I want in!

I was already planning to do my own personal C&G challenge in 2010 but I would love to join the 2010 Braid Challenge.

I am currently on week 2 of my break from inividual braids. I will be braiding back up next week and will try to take pics of my current length prior to for my siggy.

Can you add me to the challenge? I plan on alternating between twists and braids. I've been natural for about 10 months and I wan't to retain as much of my growth as possible over the next year.

Count me in. I am currently in braids that I'm not planning on taking down until Mid Dec. I will post starting pics then.

Ohhh sign me up please. This sounds great for my first challenge. I already planned on get box braids in December.

Attachments

• p_01030.jpg
    p_01030.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I would like to join as well. I'm currently resting from some braids and a blowout. I'll probably braid again in a week or so. I'll post pics later.

This is going to be my first challenge. I really want to grow my hair. So I am down for the braid challenge. I am currently in braids but I think I can post a pic before.

I want in!

I was already planning to do my own personal C&G challenge in 2010 but I would love to join the 2010 Braid Challenge.

I am currently on week 2 of my break from inividual braids. I will be braiding back up next week and will try to take pics of my current length prior to for my siggy.

Can you add me to the challenge? I plan on alternating between twists and braids. I've been natural for about 10 months and I wan't to retain as much of my growth as possible over the next year.

Count me in. I am currently in braids that I'm not planning on taking down until Mid Dec. I will post starting pics then.

Ohhh sign me up please. This sounds great for my first challenge. I already planned on get box braids in December.

I know the challenge hasn't officially started but I got box braids a week ago. I have a question...when I get new growth my hair twists, so it kind of looks like my braids are hanging by a string...is this bad?

Back