French Perm Stabilizer is a God send!!!

naturalmanenyc

Thanks dlewis!!!!

I am 16 weeks post today and gave up last week when rollersetting since I just could not get the comb through my hair.

I washed tonight with diluted CON (I had used mineral oil and cones) and then cowashed with VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries & cream - which gave some slip but I'm not in love). I did my dc with ORS Replenishing for 30 minutes and rinsed. I had lots of slip on the length but not the roots.

I decided to try French Perm Stabilizer and was shocked at the results. This stuff foams up quickly (almost lather but not thick) and once I rinsed it out my hair felt super silky.

I added my HE LTR and was able to rollerset 16 week post hair with a RATTAIL comb!!!! I had minimal hair in the comb - a rattail comb - once I was finished.:grin:

I'm about to dry under my Pibbs now. I'm excited to see the results.

Edited to add pictures of finished hair
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/french-perm-stabili/

Last edited:

Dogmd

i am looking forward to hearing your results. i saw this product in Sally's and got scared because it had an acidic PH. not too sure if i could use this without relaxing my hair first. :ohwell: glad you had great results.

dlewis

I'm glad this worked for you. I used it yest after not detangling for a couple of days and my hair was like silk.

ajoyfuljoy

My mom's been using this on me since I was a little girl. It's the ONLY condish I use post relaxer. It's a lifetime staple :yep: Glad it worked for ya!

*Frisky*

I used it last night after my touch up and it made my hair feel extra smooth and manageable. Thanks D
:kiss:

naturalmanenyc

Everyone needs to run out and get some French Perm Stabilizer Plus!!! I plan to use this for every wash:yawn: although if I keep getting these results I may break my neck from all the swinging.:grin:

naturalmanenyc

It came out great!! I didn't relax though. I just used it on freshly washed & deep conditioned hair to detangle. I'm transitioning to natural and do not plan to relax anymore.

Although the PH could be an issue, it's a rinse out product and not a leave-in.

i am looking forward to hearing your results. i saw this product in Sally's and got scared because it had an acidic PH. not too sure if i could use this without relaxing my hair first. :ohwell: glad you had great results.

naturalmanenyc

Thanks!!! Have you noticed any ill effects from using French Perm Stabilizer to detangle instead of only after a chemical service?

Unless I see major shedding or breakage though, I doubt I will ever stop using this:grin: My husband did not see my finished hair until this morning and thought I was playing with one of my wigs!!! I guess I have been pinning my hair up VERY often for the last few months.:yep:

I'm glad this worked for you. I used it yest after not detangling for a couple of days and my hair was like silk.

dlewis

Thanks!!! Have you noticed any ill effects from using French Perm Stabilizer to detangle instead of only after a chemical service?

Unless I see major shedding or breakage though, I doubt I will ever stop using this:grin: My husband did not see my finished hair until this morning and thought I was playing with one of my wigs!!! I guess I have been pinning my hair up VERY often for the last few months.:yep:

I don't use it often. I used it yest and I'll prob use it two more times this week and do my hair on Sat.

I have not notice any shedding/ breakage/ etc for using this product.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I need more help with how you lovely ladies are using this products. I've tried it twice but I still have problems with detangling.

Are you applying, then rinsing out?

Are you leaving in, detangling and doing a rollerset, etc?

Are you diluting with water?

Exactly how are you using this product?

Thanks,

SP

sunshinebeautiful

What does FPS do? :look:

Once I looked at the label, I remember that one of my old hairstylists (one of the good ones) used to use it on my hair.

naturalmanenyc

I did my normal wash (diluted CON), then I did a cowash (VO5) & dc (ORS) for 30 minutes with heat.

I wrung out the excess water (not with a towel though). I applied the FPSP all over my hair (saturated it) and rubbed it in, like shampoo. I did not dilute the FPSP.

The FPSP was foamy (somewhat like lather but thinner). I tried to comb my hair a bit with the FPSP in my hair but that did not go well. I then rinsed it out and my hair immediately felt very silky.

I added my leave-in, HE LTR, and I was able to rollerset with a rattail comb with minimal hair loss.

The FPSP solution does something to the new growth, thins it out almost as if I relaxed. But I do still see a bit of wave at my roots (I do not pull as taut as I should) so I know the FPSP did not act as a relaxer.

The effects last well after the rinse out. I just added more water as my hair dried (I do not rollerset very fast) and I had no issues with tangles.

I need more help with how you lovely ladies are using this products. I've tried it twice but I still have problems with detangling.

Are you applying, then rinsing out?

Are you leaving in, detangling and doing a rollerset, etc?

Are you diluting with water?

Exactly how are you using this product?

Thanks,

SP

naturalmanenyc

The FPSP solution does something to the new growth, thins it out almost as if I relaxed. But I do still see a bit of wave at my roots (I do not pull as taut as I should) so I know the FPSP did not act as a relaxer.

The effects last well after the rinse out. I just added more water as my hair dried (I do not rollerset very fast) and I had no issues with tangles.

What does FPS do? :look:

Once I looked at the label, I remember that one of my old hairstylists (one of the good ones) used to use it on my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
ive tried CON porosity control and they are not similar. i like this better. i also used it as a leave in and it made my hair "airy'. whe i used it with gel i needed half as much as i usually do to control it. it left my hair a bit too dry on the places i slicked it back. if i do it again i might use less. I think its a staple tranzy product

bbdgirl

I used this after I relaxed my hair and also a few weeks ago and it makes my hair feel like silk. so nice. I will use this forever. it is a God's send!

danigurl18

OOH.. i think im going to get this after i take my braids out and see how it works... do any naturals use this? and how do you use it?