French Perm Stabilizer is a God send!!!

naturalmanenyc

Thanks dlewis!!!!

I am 16 weeks post today and gave up last week when rollersetting since I just could not get the comb through my hair.

I washed tonight with diluted CON (I had used mineral oil and cones) and then cowashed with VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries & cream - which gave some slip but I'm not in love). I did my dc with ORS Replenishing for 30 minutes and rinsed. I had lots of slip on the length but not the roots.

I decided to try French Perm Stabilizer and was shocked at the results. This stuff foams up quickly (almost lather but not thick) and once I rinsed it out my hair felt super silky.

I added my HE LTR and was able to rollerset 16 week post hair with a RATTAIL comb!!!! I had minimal hair in the comb - a rattail comb - once I was finished.:grin:

I'm about to dry under my Pibbs now. I'm excited to see the results.

Edited to add pictures of finished hair
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/french-perm-stabili/

Last edited:
i am looking forward to hearing your results. i saw this product in Sally's and got scared because it had an acidic PH. not too sure if i could use this without relaxing my hair first. :ohwell: glad you had great results.

I'm glad this worked for you. I used it yest after not detangling for a couple of days and my hair was like silk.

My mom's been using this on me since I was a little girl. It's the ONLY condish I use post relaxer. It's a lifetime staple :yep: Glad it worked for ya!

I used it last night after my touch up and it made my hair feel extra smooth and manageable. Thanks D
:kiss:

Everyone needs to run out and get some French Perm Stabilizer Plus!!! I plan to use this for every wash:yawn: although if I keep getting these results I may break my neck from all the swinging.:grin:

It came out great!! I didn't relax though. I just used it on freshly washed & deep conditioned hair to detangle. I'm transitioning to natural and do not plan to relax anymore.

Although the PH could be an issue, it's a rinse out product and not a leave-in.

i am looking forward to hearing your results. i saw this product in Sally's and got scared because it had an acidic PH. not too sure if i could use this without relaxing my hair first. :ohwell: glad you had great results.

Thanks!!! Have you noticed any ill effects from using French Perm Stabilizer to detangle instead of only after a chemical service?

Unless I see major shedding or breakage though, I doubt I will ever stop using this:grin: My husband did not see my finished hair until this morning and thought I was playing with one of my wigs!!! I guess I have been pinning my hair up VERY often for the last few months.:yep:

I'm glad this worked for you. I used it yest after not detangling for a couple of days and my hair was like silk.

Thanks!!! Have you noticed any ill effects from using French Perm Stabilizer to detangle instead of only after a chemical service?

Unless I see major shedding or breakage though, I doubt I will ever stop using this:grin: My husband did not see my finished hair until this morning and thought I was playing with one of my wigs!!! I guess I have been pinning my hair up VERY often for the last few months.:yep:

I don't use it often. I used it yest and I'll prob use it two more times this week and do my hair on Sat.

I have not notice any shedding/ breakage/ etc for using this product.

I need more help with how you lovely ladies are using this products. I've tried it twice but I still have problems with detangling.

Are you applying, then rinsing out?

Are you leaving in, detangling and doing a rollerset, etc?

Are you diluting with water?

Exactly how are you using this product?

Thanks,

SP

What does FPS do? :look:

Once I looked at the label, I remember that one of my old hairstylists (one of the good ones) used to use it on my hair.

I did my normal wash (diluted CON), then I did a cowash (VO5) & dc (ORS) for 30 minutes with heat.

I wrung out the excess water (not with a towel though). I applied the FPSP all over my hair (saturated it) and rubbed it in, like shampoo. I did not dilute the FPSP.

The FPSP was foamy (somewhat like lather but thinner). I tried to comb my hair a bit with the FPSP in my hair but that did not go well. I then rinsed it out and my hair immediately felt very silky.

I added my leave-in, HE LTR, and I was able to rollerset with a rattail comb with minimal hair loss.

The FPSP solution does something to the new growth, thins it out almost as if I relaxed. But I do still see a bit of wave at my roots (I do not pull as taut as I should) so I know the FPSP did not act as a relaxer.

The effects last well after the rinse out. I just added more water as my hair dried (I do not rollerset very fast) and I had no issues with tangles.

I need more help with how you lovely ladies are using this products. I've tried it twice but I still have problems with detangling.

Are you applying, then rinsing out?

Are you leaving in, detangling and doing a rollerset, etc?

Are you diluting with water?

Exactly how are you using this product?

Thanks,

SP

The FPSP solution does something to the new growth, thins it out almost as if I relaxed. But I do still see a bit of wave at my roots (I do not pull as taut as I should) so I know the FPSP did not act as a relaxer.

The effects last well after the rinse out. I just added more water as my hair dried (I do not rollerset very fast) and I had no issues with tangles.

What does FPS do? :look:

Once I looked at the label, I remember that one of my old hairstylists (one of the good ones) used to use it on my hair.

ive tried CON porosity control and they are not similar. i like this better. i also used it as a leave in and it made my hair "airy'. whe i used it with gel i needed half as much as i usually do to control it. it left my hair a bit too dry on the places i slicked it back. if i do it again i might use less. I think its a staple tranzy product

I used this after I relaxed my hair and also a few weeks ago and it makes my hair feel like silk. so nice. I will use this forever. it is a God's send!

OOH.. i think im going to get this after i take my braids out and see how it works... do any naturals use this? and how do you use it?

Back